• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Best PhotoShopping

Started by dedgren, October 18, 2007, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

I thought, with all the P-Shopping Gods and Goddesses who call SC4D home, that folks might enjoy a few "before and after" pics of images they've, er... adjusted with their graphics program.

I'll kick things off with this, created in Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 in about an hour.

Here's the original.

Let's see what you've got!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

callagrafx

I spend a lot of time colour correcting and "restoring" images that suffer from underexposure, incorrect white balance and other anomalies and hopefully make them into usable images.  Only example I have to hand is a shot from  Deadwoods that I used to demonstrate what Photoshop is capable of when it comes to fixing images.

Before:

After:

There was nothing could be done to "sharpen" the water, as I suspect the blurred effect was exactly what Deadwoods was after.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Heblem

mine was a homework i did sometime also I used at Sc4 picture competition...
Ive mixed about 5 pictures to made this one, took me about an hour for to do

callagrafx

That's a beautiful, emotional image and a very good use of PS layers.

Sorry David, in my excitement about my pet subject I forgot to comment on your plates.  Overall the image is a nice take on the plate, but you may wish to delete the cyan that is poking through the screw holes  :thumbsup:  Otherwise, nicely done.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Andreas

Well, this is probably not my "best photoshopping", but since some of you already posted a "before - after" shot, I'll ad my own. It's the "Uniriese", the largest highrise in Leipzig, Germany. I visited the city a few weeks ago for the Games Convetion, and also met a friend who I know from a German Simpsons forum. As usual, the sightseeing pics are always ruined by some stuff that shouldn't be on the pic, but thanks to modern image manipulation, it's a piece of cake to fix that. :)

Before:

After:

Andreas

dedgren

Heh, Lee- I fixed those holes with my drill...

Heblem- that's a beautiful and evocative composition.  Bravo!

Andreas- now the trick would have been to remove the building and leave the crane against the sky...

This is fun!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

I love your "before" zane, its amazing, and you improved it so well   $%Grinno$%

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Quote from: callagrafx on October 18, 2007, 10:02:48 AM
There was nothing could be done to "sharpen" the water, as I suspect the blurred effect was exactly what Deadwoods was after.

The water looks a lot like snow in that shot. 

Nice photoshopping everyone.  I'll post some of my own when I get the chance.

Masochist

Ahh...well, the best "Photoshopping" I've done is either done on SC4 pictures or for signatures.  Not only are they not that elaborate, but it wasn't done with Photoshop at all, it was done with The GIMP.  But maybe I'll show 'em anyways:

I think this would be the best example I have of Photoshopping an SC4 Picture:

The water was actually SC4 water before I edited it (I mean, I didn't find some other water and put it in).  It took me a while to get this right, but the longest part was actually cutting out those buildings so that they wouldn't get blurred with the rest of the picture.  All in all, the end doesn't justify the means, and the means were probably much complicated then they had to be.

My current MySpace background:

LOL...I didn't do the entire picture.  I just (badly) edited myself in and added the glare.  I don't even know why I'm showing this.

Some signatures:

That's a font I downloaded, and I found the pencil and wand on Google.  Probably could've come out better if I'd've spent more time on it.

Followed a tutorial to make this one...

Discovered this text effect by experimenting.  Made the background with a downloaded brush (it took three clicks of the mouse with that brush to make it, then just had to color it how I wanted).

That's about the greatest I've ever done with photo manipulation.  Thanks for reading, and please note that the past seven minutes of your life are non-refundable.

(Under Construction)

Pat

Oooh WOW some amazing talent here you all wow..... my hats off to all of you!!!!

I have an open ended request for anyone who could do me a favor please and thank you....

I despreatly need a nice signature image/gif img...  If you would be able to help me out, just Pm me...
thank you - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mjig_dudy

Quote from: dedgren on October 18, 2007, 11:26:42 AM
Andreas- now the trick would have been to remove the building and leave the crane against the sky...

I couldn't resist:

Andreas

Hehe, nice work! You should have asked for the original pic, it would have been easier because it's larger. Not much of a tourist attraction left, though. ;)
Andreas

JoeST

thers also an acute lack of cloudage in the background.... :P   $%Grinno$%
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Xiziz

Best edited pic? no clue here, il just show a fairly recent one, as i do use photoshop on a daily basis. Ive edited more or less every image in my CJ, mostly using the awsome cloning tool.

Original Picture, take not to the small size, ditherd edges(due to compression) and stars.

I made a total of 6 variations, so il just show my favorate three, one of which i use as a desktop atm, im gonna replace it once i finish vectoring a image from Macross.

White Background, Blurry. wasnt happy with the stars not showing, so i decided i wanted it on a black background, which ofc puts strain on the edges. which are optimised for white background.

One of the Black Background images, lighting effects.

And finialy the one i decided to use as my desktop image.

And yeh, its Sayuri & Mai from Kannon for those that want to know :)

MOD EDIT: Changed the size of the pics so that they don't break the page margins, and linked to the larger versions - Fred

BigSlark

To everyone who's posted:

Great work! I've never spent a lot of time getting any good at photoshopping, although this may inspire me...

To David,

Why'd you have to use the Sons of Confederate Veterans tag from Alabama? I was in high school there when it was released and it caused a huge uproar. The South needs all the help it can get... ;)

Cheers,
Kevin

Xiziz

A little late, but i made a hmm, best call it fanart this monday because i was boored and didnt want to study.

uploaded it to deviantArt, check it out here (Link).

I do need some more practice, but atleast im getting decent results when coloring now, still need to learn how to do proper -instyle backgrounds. this one was made just using the techniqe id use to make textures for BAT.

nerdly_dood

You never said I couldn't post photoshopped SimCity screenshots ;d

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bat

All pictures are looking great! Wonderful work with your graphic programs, @ all. :thumbsup: