• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

the latter.....each part will be rendered separately. Then lotted however you wish....with a couple additional pieces quite a few station combinations of any length could be created....also using multiple pieces in the lot config to randomize it is possible if alternate ones are done....ie...different panelling and such.....its just a matter of good loding to make it all seamless which i can quite easily do.

thanx for the comments guys.

Bud

Nardo69

JoeST

Thats looking swish, and modularity makes me go :o

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

buddybud

little update. Started rendering the pieces. Here's an example of using multiple props together. I'm having some weird artifacts depending on the positon of the props. As you can see the railing on the platform level looks fuzzy but only sometimes  &mmm. I think it has to do with the lodding on the piece as the lods on that level wrap around the posts and railing so objects and sims can be placed on the platform. Anyways....slow progression but i'm getting there.

Bud.

sithlrd98

Forward progress is a lot better than backwards :) looking good so far!

Jayson

Howling

If progress is slow but the result beautiful it's great progress!

Great progress!  :)
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

surdanis

I just wanted to say that whatever progress you make it great. This has been a long time coming, and it will certainly give our ElRail the PROPER look it deserves. Keep up the good work!  &apls
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

buddybud

Thanks guys...been busy again. Just re-set up my old computer and backed everything up for a new purchase in the next bit. Also spent some time exploring the world of a neat little game called "dwarf fortress" If you can get past the interface it's really quite amazing. Anyways as you can see i got everything up and going on the old rig. I use a ghosting system so it was quite painless. I just have to reload a few pieces of software.

Also i plan on purchasing and assembling a new computer this week. I need more render power and this computer is OLD....almost 7 years.....and it's painfully slow at rendering. So i'm going to get a new box/power/cpu/mobo/video though  i'm quite torn on what to pursue though i'm leaning twards something that could be used as a workstation or hub for a render farm. This is the only thing i think i would be content with doing professionally. I've been looking into courses so i can become a lisenced draftsman.... (only a couple small courses required)....Essentially up untill recently anyone in our city could produce drawings for approval but they changed that a couple years back which created a bottleneck in the region for homeowners and professionals alike. Essentially the plan is that the drafting would pay enough to allow me to pursue this 3d modeling thing to deeper depths. And since i can do all this without outside financing i think it will be a go and considering there is no debt involved. In combination with this i am studying for a drivers license  and looking at vehicles. ........so needless to say i'm kinda busy :P but in a good way. I've stagnated for the better part of the year and become rather apathetic so i think its time to get moveing...time to get down with it...time to decide.

No worries though....i'm back at the mod now. Though i won't do much rendering till the new box is put together...hopefully by the end of the week.

Cheerful Bud

RebaLynnTS

Just keep up the good work, you are doing wonderful.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

choco

im also thinking of a new rendering box......would be interested to hear what you're considering.... :P

looking forward to this.... :thumbsup:

Leodido

I've been trying to find your viaduct and underpass lot but every links I find seem to be dead. Any chance for a re upload?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Engorn

kyero

Hi there - I keep seeing these wonderful photos inserted in the posts and am having trouble figuring out how to put my pics in my posts. Through photobucket, I have figured out how to insert links to my pics but not the actual photo like is seen in this post. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

Kelly

SC4BOY

Quote from: kyero on September 24, 2009, 09:05:26 AM
how to put my pics in my posts.

This of course is NOT the proper place to ask this question, but it fully explained HERE

cesarisaias95

Cool! This would be great in my cities. Is this project still active? I hope so!

dragonshardz

Um...cesarisaias95, there hasn't been a post in here since September. I think, at best, this project is currently inactive.

Dethsrow

This looks great makes the elevated rails look more realistic will you be doing this for the double height elevated rails too. Whenever their released you should also give  people the option of installing them in different colors like brown, red, gold etc.

Also is it possible you can mod the ground and elevated level highways to have light rail systems running between the mediums. I know that sounds confusing so ill attach a pic of what im talking about.....

j-dub

Dethsrow, unfortunately Buddybud has been too caught up in real life, we have not heard of him since September 2009. Also, this was a cosmetic mod, but it has not been released. Speaking of a gold elevated rail, someone else did do that, unfortunately at this time, I can not tell you where. As for making a GLR between the Maxis ground and elevated highways as a single network, I don't think thats going to happen. Some issues are the interchanges.

However GLR, in between the Maxis draggable highways is not totally impossible already. It just takes at least 3 tiles wide. So you always have to leave a great amount of room when building a highway. If you draw a single Maxis highway, either elevated or ground for a straight line, provided you do not attach the highway anywhere, you can then draw an elevated rail on one side, and it will split the highway in half. You then can draw the other half of the highway on the other side. I got this to work with elevated highway. Its just a bit more complicated and can take longer.

As for the picture you provided Dethsrow, that looks more like a RHW 8 lane with a Ground Light Rail between, because RHW's are generally wider then Maxis' highways.

Dethsrow

Aw ok I hope he comes back to working on this project soon because I think Simcity 4 really needs this and also im working on a NYC cj and i think these rail centenaries resemble the subway tracks in ny hey but you gotta do what you gotta do though.

tag_one

Quote from: Dethsrow on January 03, 2010, 12:11:19 PM
Aw ok I hope he comes back to working on this project soon because I think Simcity 4 really needs this and also im working on a NYC cj and i think these rail centenaries resemble the subway tracks in ny hey but you gotta do what you gotta do though.

I think I'm the one from the 'golden' EL mod. It's actually rusty beige, but that's not the case. Restyling an EL takes a hell of a lot of work, way more than someone could ever imagine. All we can do is hope that Buddybud finds some sparetime to finish his mod. Dunno when that time comes, but my mod won't be finished until next summer or so. So be prepared for a long wait. 

edit: wrong quote, time to go to bed