• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Technical Issues - Report Problems Here

Started by moganite, January 14, 2007, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moganite

If you are having issues with an NHP product, report it here. The team will do it's best to respond quickly and professionally

This thread is to deal with technical issues that crop up even after trouble shooting a product.  Trouble shooting is going to include bugs that have been noticed and solved. If you have yet to search, please do so as your solution may already be there.

We request that the following information is given

Authour
Product Type
Product Name
Problem Occurring

This is for technical issues only  if you wish for a change in aesthetics of a lot\BAT \map here is not the place to discuss it. Please make a request for the desired changes if we have the time we may get round to doing a new version of it (that is up to the individual creator).

General community members with experience in the field may comment here with solutions as well.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

wild_horse_in_the_sky

jplumbley & beskhu3epnm
Great work that your doing thought I'd share this with you:

Could it be yes it is Invermere valley its excellent for Peg's MTP.  Please tell me how I can get the snow line higher like the one on LEX and the STEX I've already tried the update didn't change a thing Help. Thanks

jplumbley

Hi Wild_Horse,

Sorry I didnt see your question here.  What happened was there is an updated file for Cycledogg's Terrain Mod that was suppose to go out with the original upload.  Unfortunately we missed it when uploading.  It was updated on STEX after Citynut brought this to our attention here.  Please re-download at STEX and the modified Cycledogg Terrain Mod file will be there.  Just copy over the old one or put it in the same place and remove the old one.

Thanks for your support in downloading our work.  And once again sorry for the lateness on this reply.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wild_horse_in_the_sky

jplumbley,
No problem beskhu3epnm send me the correct file last week thanks again and keep up the great work.

DarkLoki

Hi, i downloaded one of your great regions, the kinbasket lake. First of all it is an amazing map but i do have one guestion: The download includes a file with custom snow levels and rock angles. Can i use this file with the meadowshire mod to? And if so what is the default file that i have to remove before i can use the costum one? I'm a bit new to this so i hope im not bothering you to much with all my questions but i'm a bit confused :-[

jeronij

As far as I know, every terrain mod needs its own "snow" file. So it is not posible to do what you want to do  &mmm .Please, mapmakers, correct me if I am wrong  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Well, I am not he expert in this area (Beskhu3epmn is).

From what I can tell, you can have any snow modd with it.  Essentially all of our "custom snow mods" are Cycledogg Terrain Snowcap Mods with the property for snow height modified to a more suitable level asthetically in-game (trial and error).

So to answer the question of DarkLoki, you can put ANY Terrain Mod inside your plugins folder, but only one, you will cause conflict if you have 2 installed at once.  We provide one that we think looks best to us and to give users a new choice for the map.  SO yes... you may use the Terrain Mod for Meadowshire!

If there is a problem we can help troubleshoot....  Beskhu3epmn can provide a better technical answer to this question, I dont think there is a dependancy file for the snow mods, but again this is Besku3epmn's territory!!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

DarkLoki

Thank you for your replies  :). Great to hear i can use the custom file, but as you stated i can only use one so i will have to delete the default one first but i do not know the default file that controls the snow height in the meadowshire mod. I will have a look when i'm back in windows. Anyway thanks for the help  :)

beskhu3epnm

OK, time to weigh in on everything!

The file included in the download package is for the Columbus Terrain Mod (Columbus textures for jeronij's mod) only. The meadowshire mod uses files with different names. Unfortunately, I find the Columbus Mod has more basic temperature ranges with more subtle changes  over the varying elevations, therefore I use it exclusively in my maps. I've downloaded Italia and Meadowshire (among others), however the CTM does it for me!

If you use the ILive reader, you can change the basic values for elevation ranges. This can raise or lower your terrain accordingly. Simply open the reader, open the main terrain file and change these values:

The temperature range controls the values (elevation) that the terrain textures are applied at. For rock values, you can change this:

MaxNormalYforCliff

So basically, to install the file I provided, you install the basic mod (found on the link above), select "High Snow Line" (to make sure the file names match), and then overwrite the file with the same name as the one included. I changed the temperature range so that the snow line would better suit the map. The snow is way too low for scale elevations (about 800m). At 800m, most of the map would be covered!! As well, the angles at which the rock textures appear was very steep (the grass can cling to 70 degree slopes? No Way!!).

So if you get handy with the reader, you can try to mod your own meadowshire file. I encourage you to try this out if you have the time!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

DarkLoki

Ok thank you for clearing that up  :). I used the columbus mod in the past but i like some of the effects of the meadowshire mod like the beaches and the snowy patches on the rocks. But i do have the idea that it makes my game pretty slow so i will try the columbus mod again. I will certainly have a look at the reader, looks interesting.

meinhosen

DarkLoki - If you check the "STEX Downloads" folder that's in the MyDocs/SimCity4, you'll find two custom Meadowshire snow height files.  One is a lower file, the other is a higher.  I'm not sure if you knew about those, but the installer put them in when you loaded up the Meadowshire Terrain mod.  The "higher" file should allow you to get the same effects as the custom snow file that was included with the NHP map.

Hope that helps a bit!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

DarkLoki

I did actually know about those files but i tought that the costum one would be even better as it is made specifically for the map as i'm using. I'm now using the columbus mod but perhaps i should try the meadowshire with those height files to. Unfortunately the region may be a bit to much for my pc as i'm not getting playable frame rates on both mods  ()sad()

beskhu3epnm

The "high" snow line in the meadowshire (if I remember correctly) renders the snow around 1200m, and the low around 800m. The mountains in this region can hover around 3000m or so, still rendering much of the map under snow cover.... Chalk it up to the terrain we selected (sigh..). That's why we include the file, but We would be including several files for all of the different terrain types out there...

Best of luck finding a solution to this. Sounds like your hardware is limited at the moment!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

DarkLoki

Actually after trying the columbus terrain mod i think it does really matter to much where the snow line is as most of moutains are way to steep to develop on snow or no snow, i gues it depends on the look you are aiming for. Not that it really matters as there is no way i will be able to develop on this map with my concurrent pc, back to maxisland i guess  ()sad()

High5Tower

I lined up all the models with the lots and checked them out with the lot plop. I noticed that some are CAM and some are not. The ones that are not did not have the nornal model file but a dat file named Essentials. I installed those thinking they most be the model file. They were; St Helens,20 Fenchurch Street,99 Bishopgate,and Marble Arch Tower. So I assume these are not suppossed to be CAM? &mmm
Thank you for your great work,it is much appreciated. &apls

BarbyW

Of the 8 lots in the package, 4 are stage 8 and 4 are CAM but all have updated stats. The files you list are all just models and are the 4 that are at stage 8. Although they are not over stage 9 they have had updated stats using wou's X_Tool so are CAMpatible and should be used rather than the original lots.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

High5Tower

Thank you for your confirmation,sometimes I just need to see it written in stone since I seem to be hard headed at times. :thumbsup:

rosewood_ltd

Hi - I hope this is the correct location to post this question - if not, mods please feel free to move wherever appropriate.
First, let me say that I am a relatively new SC4D member, but a long-time SC4 player.  I have been tremendously impressed with the NHP maps I have seen here and at other sites and today finally decided that I would try to import a region and begin to use it.

I chose the Chetwoot region as my first project, successfully downloaded SC4 mapper and installed it and was able to import the map into the SC4 mapper without any problem.

My issue (probably because I'm thick-headed and overlooking something obvious), is in SAVING the durn file from the Mapper.  When I try to save the file, I get the following error message:  "Error while saving region"  "A problem occurred while creating the region folder.  You should enter a valid folder name as region name."

I tried using the default description "NHP Chetwoot Region by beskhu3epnm" as well as simply "Chetwoot,"  but I get the same error message.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm really looking forward to trying this one out, as well as the other NHP regions.

Many thanks!

wouanagaine

Hi rosewood_ltd and welcome to SC4D

Make sure that :
- the region name does not already exists under your region folder
- your user name ( windows account ) does not start with a 'u'
- you can create a subfolder in your regions folder using explorer

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

rosewood_ltd

Thanks for your quick response!
Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the problem.  I made sure that there was no "same name" subfolders in my regions folder and my username does not begin with "u".
Also, today I seem to be having a different problem with the mapper program, in that it will now not recognize SC4M files.  I have unzipped other maps (Mr. Robson, Invermere Valley) individually into a temp folder on my desktop and the Mapper will not see any files inside of the temp folder.  I have been able to "see" and open the downloaded SC4M files when I select the "create region " button, but I get the same error I described above when I try to save the file.  Tangentially - should the Mapper ask me a path for saving the file, or does it default to the Regions subfolder in the SimCity 4 directory?
I'm sorry if I'm asking really basic questions, but I can't seem to find any tutorials that address my problems here or at the STEX Omnibus.
Thanks again for your time!