• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Demand is -6000

Started by Addixtion, January 12, 2008, 07:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addixtion

Hey, I almost completed one of my large cities and towards the end I noticed that all of my demands dropped to -6000. I have more than 5 cities connected to this map, and the capacities are not maxed out. Can someone please help?

xxdita

Well, let's retrace your steps a little. What did you do just before this happened?
You should probably take a look at your taxes. Considering you have nearly 5billion in cash, your Sims may want a bit of a break. Adjust the taxes carefully, as it will have an impact on your neighboring cities as well.
I've had absolutely no problems keeping my larger cities afloat with all taxes set at 1% or less.
You may also want to do something about the traffic problems. Create alternate routes for your Sims, and provide plenty of Mass Transit.
Really though, as long as you've saved it recently, you may want to just let it play for a little bit, to see if the demand doesn't go back up on it's own.

Addixtion

Hey xxdita... lowering the taxes 1% really helped my city and did not effect any neighboring cities. Thanks for the help!