• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where can I find harbor types of lots?

Started by City Builder, February 04, 2008, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

I see that coastal and harbor are not categories on the exchange here and I have a hankering to build a harbor with all the lots and boats and what not that I see so many other people building but other than Peg's lots can't find anything for harbor lots.

Perhaps someone can link me to a spot where many of these harbor style lots are located at.

Thanks,
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

dragonshardz

if you want to build a Navy port find the SNM stuff here on SC4D. There is also a project in the works for Port realism as well.

Godzillaman

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

City Builder

I looked up by user somy on the file exchange here but found no results.  Did I mispell it?
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!

SC4BOY

Check the tutorial "making a port the hard way" or something close to that.. It's in the tutorial section of the forums and contains many links and pic's of harbor items  in use.

dsrwhat316

Check out his website by clicking here. Just go through the pages and I think the port sets are at the end.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Masochist

Quote from: SC4BOY on February 04, 2008, 08:01:27 PM
Check the tutorial "making a port the hard way" or something close to that.. It's in the tutorial section of the forums and contains many links and pic's of harbor items  in use.

^^^^^

Good advice, this ;)[Here's the link].
(Under Construction)

City Builder

Funny that someone should post to this thread tonight, i've been studying the tutorial for several hours tonight and collecting the different harbor type of stuff but for some reason I can't find harbor sea walls that work properly with how I dig out the grounds.  I've tried Jrj's sea walls but they don't seem to line up properly with each other, then I've tried the differnt Pegasus harbor lots but they don't seem to line up properly for me either.  Obviously it's something Im doing wrong else there would be many people that don't get it working right for them.

Anyway Im gong to ensure that I have all the harbor stuff that I can find because it seems that while I've got quite a bit right now theres really not enough to do a larger harbor with what I've collected so far tonight.

Thanks for the replies,

Edit: Woops it wasn't that someone posted to this thread tonight it was that it was moved and I thought it was a reply to it.  Oh well still a good coincidence.

FrankU

The easiest way to terraform for a harbour is using Wouanagaine's terraformer. It has a special tool: Make harbour. It flattens the land onto the exact heigth. Make the tool square!
Then you have to be sure the slope into the water is straight and steep, because otherwise the slopes of JRJ's and other's sewalls will be hidden under the terrain. For that I also use Terraformer and set the max height to 211m and min heght to 210m. Then I flatten all my water.
After that you can make the water deeper if you wish, but around the harbouredges you now have depth enough.

Also sometimes the level of your ground will not be completely flat. The most secure way of flattening everything to the same level is by placing single street-tiles next to each other. You can delete them afterwards and put your harbour on it.

LOTs:
SOMY, indeed,
NOB, find a link in the "Building a port the hard way" thread. Very versatile!
Jeronij's Cargo Docks on this site.
Kimdomyung on Simtropolis: he made some very nice models of docks, though his lots are not that good.
Fukuda built something he called container terminal (Simtropolis I guess),
but better is
Soulstealer with his brand new Port Realism Pack (Simtropolis). A must have.
PEG is working on a container port. Simtropolis or SimPeg.

Good luck in hunting.

CasperVg

Probably all port-related content can be found on the list here (SC4D).
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube