• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Civil engineering support thread: slope mods, other tools and issues

Started by Ennedi, February 14, 2008, 03:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Okay, thanks for answering my questions -- I should have realized all of this was in the readme. :-[ Great work, can't wait to use it in my cities.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

mightygoose

can you please include an 8m lifter for buddybuds onslope tunnel portals, i know it was only a beta release but alot of us have and use them....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ennedi

Quote from: mightygoose on February 24, 2008, 02:34:14 AM
can you please include an 8m lifter for buddybuds onslope tunnel portals, i know it was only a beta release but alot of us have and use them....

Yes! We are going to do it  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

Mightygoose, the hole digger set I am currently putting together will have:
- 8m hole digger and raiser
- 10m hole digger and raiser
- 12m hole digger and raiser
- 14m hole digger and raiser
- 15m hole digger and raiser
- 24m hole digger and raiser

Even though buddybud's overpasses were originally intended to have a 6m depth, they appear much better visually with a 8m depth.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

That makes more sense than the current set... Height ranges are a great idea...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Gaston

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on February 24, 2008, 06:29:27 AM
Mightygoose, the hole digger set I am currently putting together will have:
- 8m hole digger and raiser
- 10m hole digger and raiser
- 12m hole digger and raiser
- 14m hole digger and raiser
- 15m hole digger and raiser
- 24m hole digger and raiser

Even though buddybud's overpasses were originally intended to have a 6m depth, they appear much better visually with a 8m depth.

Okay then.    This sounds great.    I'll just hang loose till they appear.    :thumbsup:

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Ennedi

Quote from: star.torturer on February 24, 2008, 06:36:15 AM
That makes more sense than the current set... Height ranges are a great idea...

Joe

An even better idea of Shadow Assassin is the double function of these pieces: if you drag a road across the tile, it works as a Ground Lifter (or Hole Digger for Sunken). If you drag a network starting from the piece but not across it, it creates a tunnel entrance. It is simple and flexible, I like it very much  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

JoeST

wow... that is ace... but I like having flat holes... will this still be possible?

Ennedi

Quote from: star.torturer on February 24, 2008, 09:00:23 AM
wow... that is ace... but I like having flat holes... will this still be possible?

What do you mean Joe?
New Horizons Productions

JoeST

at the bottom of the hole it levels out... unlike currently (which of course will bear no resemblance to the new ones) where dragging from one side only, produces an angled slope, and if you try and flatten it out it just "raises" the terrain from the lowest it could have been

Joe

Ennedi

Quote from: star.torturer on February 24, 2008, 09:15:56 AM
at the bottom of the hole it levels out... unlike currently (which of course will bear no resemblance to the new ones) where dragging from one side only, produces an angled slope, and if you try and flatten it out it just "raises" the terrain from the lowest it could have been

Joe

Making flat holes keeping the lowest level achieved by dragging a road will be possible (but to be honest it is possible now too  ;D). There are at least two methods to do it.
This is the first of them:

The key is to place a single road tile side by side with the dragged road and touching by one corner to the Hole Digger piece. In this case the terrain will not raise.
There is also another simple and elegant method of making "flat holes" and flat tunnel entrances, but I must find some time to make pictures to explain it.
New Horizons Productions

JoeST

indeed... I just don't experiment enough... but it would be good if you kept that explanation (and maybe developed it) for later reference and maybe a readme...

Joe

Ennedi

Quote from: star.torturer on February 24, 2008, 09:57:14 AM
indeed... I just don't experiment enough... but it would be good if you kept that explanation (and maybe developed it) for later reference and maybe a readme...

Joe

1. Shadow Assassin is preparing a readme and I think all steps of making a tunnel (including levelling the terrain which is not necessary but improves the whole thing a lot) will be explained there.

2. I'm waiting for uploading the new Hole Diggers set (but please be patient, all of us have RL issues too  ;)) and then I'm going to explain and show some tricks for three important terraforming tools:
- Slope mods (not only mine, previous ones too, they are still useful for many people!)
- New SA Hole Diggers
- Diagonal Jagged Edges Mod.
In my opinion these tools are strictly connected and should be discussed together.
New Horizons Productions

JoeST

sometimes I forget that you guys are amazing... then it hits me in the face again LOL

Ennedi

Your programming attempts are amazing too and I'm sure we will use your creations in future!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

Whew, the modding tools are all sorted.

Now, a picture of what you'll be getting. ;)

Still putting together the readme. I'll probably use a zip file for simplicity.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

beskhu3epnm

Can't wait for these, it revolutionizes the way the community will play the game. So many options now...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

DFire870

Ooh, I can't wait for these, they look great!

Is there going to be an MML for this set? ;)

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

vester