• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: figui on May 26, 2008, 09:05:11 AM
one question though: does the capacities add to each other if i plop more than one airport in one city?

Yes, they do! :thumbsup:

RippleJet

Maxis Spaceport

Quote from: HandsOn on May 26, 2008, 01:27:42 AM
Say, Tage: seaports on one side; airports on the other - what's next? Upgradeable space ports and full-scale migration to SimPlanet?  &apls.

Did anyone mention spaceports? ::)

The Maxis Spaceport Reward is ... useless.
Although its Item Description says:

Quote from: Spaceport Item Description
Provides a boost to high-tech industry

However, it doesn't provide any IHT CAP relief or anything else increasing the desirability for IHT.
It provides 200 civic jobs, some positive landmark effect and a negative park effect.
All at the price of 96,000 §.

I believe a Maxis programmer made an error...
...and gave the IHT CAP relief that was intended for the Spaceport to the Marina instead. ::)

Thus, we are now catching the opportunity to fix this,
by converting the spaceport into a functional "airport" with an IHT CAP relief of 150,000.

As a functional airport it of course also provides CO CAP relief, according to its usage.
It's capacity is 373,000, The same as for a stage 30 municipal airport of this lot size:

This replaces the ingame useless one, but leads to one slight complication though.
If you have built the old reward, you wlil have to bulldoze it.
And you should bulldoze all of them before installing AC Functional Airports.
Otherwise the IHT CAP relief will be reduced by 150,000 when you bulldoze it.

As a functional spaceport it is still a reward, triggered by the same criteria as before:

Quote from: RippleJet on March 08, 2007, 03:25:26 PM

03840000  Space Port
Requirements:

• I-HT Capacity > 25000
  • Reward 032F0000 (Advanced Research Center) has been built
  • Difficulty Level = Medium or High
Missions:

• 8C01D0B7  Steam Train Mission - Train Ride for Rocket Formula
  • 0C1431F8  Freight Train Mission - Super Seat Belt Fabric for Space Ships!

allan_kuan1992

hmm... i'd like to stay closer to home though =P

Great job nonetheless.

EDIT:

Ehh... upon further investigation, the BLS Airport Shuttle has some realism flaws, specifically when a mid-storey building appears in one of the later stages and then gets demolished to be replaced by a miniature building that gets replaced with some more mid-storey buildings in the final stages?  &mmm

- Allan Kuan

BarbyW

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 01, 2008, 08:53:41 PM

Ehh... upon further investigation, the BLS Airport Shuttle has some realism flaws, specifically when a mid-storey building appears in one of the later stages and then gets demolished to be replaced by a miniature building that gets replaced with some more mid-storey buildings in the final stages?  &mmm

- Allan Kuan

That was a temporary facility while the new buildings were being approved $%Grinno$%
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

klaascornelis

&apls &apls &apls

As i see the props are already on the lex, the release of the actual pack cant be fare away. Or em i wrong?

sim4

i will graduate on time know matter how long it takes

wanna join http://www.apeguyproductions.com/
its related to simcity 4

kassarc16

Looking forward to this collection! One thing concerns me though: These AIRports will be incompatible with certain SEAports? I'm confused about that. Can someone clear it up for me?

RippleJet

There is one functional "seaport" that has been available since 2004 and bundled in various airports packages: the Package Loading Center.

The airport package center is also included in AC Functional Airports, as well as in BSC Functional Seaports.
Thus, all these packages support the Package Loading Center and no bulldozing of them is required.

Due to the installation order, the correct seaport developer exemplar will always be loaded:

1.  Plugins\SWAP 22\Thalassicus\Airport_Other.dat
2.  Plugins\X-Ports\Seaports\AC Functional Seaports, Version 0.0.dat
3.  Plugins\X-Ports\Seaports\BSC Functional Seaports, Version 1.0.dat

The only seaport controllers that are not fully backwards compatible with the Package Loading Center are those made by Pegasus.

kassarc16

So, aside from the re-plopping issues with the Loading Center, none of the other airports should have a problem with Peg's Dev file? I could do without the Loading Center, I just hate relying on the Maxis airports for my cities.

RippleJet

Quote from: klaascornelis on June 13, 2008, 08:37:54 AM
As i see the props are already on the lex, the release of the actual pack cant be fare away. Or em i wrong?

Can't say you're wrong, no... $%Grinno$%

AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0

wes.janson

Goodbye crappy Maxis airport! I can't say that I will miss you.
I wan't to give a big thanks to all who worked on this project.  &apls

Took you long enough! :D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

FrankU

Sorry to be, maybe, a pain in the butt, but the situation still isn't clear to me.

Is it possible to use the new BSC airports together with PEGs seaports if I do not, and never did, use this Package loading center? I could perfectly do without this lot. In fact I have never heard about it until in this thread...

RippleJet

You're not a pain, FrankU! :)
With AC Functional Airports, we now have separated the airports from the one seaport that was included.

Thus, it is now very simple to remove AC Functional Seaports, Version 0.0.dat, which contains:
- The SWAP Package Loading Center
- The Package Loading Center Developer Exemplar
- The Main Seaports Developer Exemplar, supporting the ingame seaport and the Package Loading Center

This way we can separate the seaport controller and airport controller from each other,
without causing backwards compatibilty issues with those already using SWAP.
And it provides a good platform to expand from, by adding more seaports (BSC Functional Seaports).

Any seaport controller loaded after the AC Functional Seaports would of course take precedence.
In other words, no problems using Peg's seaport controller, as long as you haven't plopped the Package Loading Center earlier.

Since AC Functional Seaports only contains support for one custom seaport,
there would never be CTD issues replacing it with another seaport controller supporting more than one custom seaport.
It's when moving back from supporting more seaports to fewer seaports that CTD's would occur.

Those eyecandy lots that were included in SWAP's Airport_Other.dat are now in a separate installer.
Thus, they can still be installed and used, even if the Package Loading Center is disabled.

FrankU

Pffffttt.... :-[
Happy to be not a pain in anyone else's butt, but mine is feeling painfull now. &cry2

It is apparently much more complex than I thought.

But well, my question is maybe simpler than you think.

I did never install, and therefore plop, any functional seaport or airport. So my regions and pluginsfolder are clean. Meaning: I did delete even the CSK small port by PEG from the CSK directory. Just to be sure that I will not use it before I understand everything, so that I will not mess up anything.

So then, what can I do:
Is it possible to install PEG's seaports including with his own controllerfiles etc. and is it at the same time possible to install your new functional airports?

I guess your answer will be: "Yes that is possible", but I am not sure so I ask again.

Maybe you want to know why I think of combining these:
- PEG's seaports are very beautiful and I think upgrading of seaports is not very realistic. A real seaport is just made larger when an upgrade is neccessary. Although form a gameplay view it might feel very rewarding when an upgrade is announced. This does not mean that I dislike the idea or that I would not think the products on this site are beautiful too! Who am I to disregard your work? It is in fact stunning, most of the time.
- Your upgradeble airports are very nice. Somehow I think the small units (heliport etc) in this thread are very nice to be put in my cities.

So, thats my ten cents.

Diggis

Have you looked at the upgradeable seaports?  And how they upgrade.  ;)

RippleJet

Quote from: FrankU on June 16, 2008, 07:30:57 AM
Is it possible to install PEG's seaports including with his own controllerfiles etc. and is it at the same time possible to install your new functional airports?

Yes that is possible! ;D

With one exception...

You cannot install the CSK2 Small Port alone.
It needs at least one of the following installations to accompany it:
   - CDK3-SP Container Port
   - CDK3-SP Break Bulk Port
   - Peg's Master Seaport Controller

If you only want the CSK2 Small Port, then you need to delete AC Functional Seaports, Version 0.0.dat.

Quote from: FrankU on June 16, 2008, 07:30:57 AM
I guess your answer will be: "Yes that is possible", but I am not sure so I ask again.

You guessed right! :D

FrankU

RippleJet,
Thank you.
I think I am able to understand that. phewwww... :-[
I never even had the AC functional seaports 0.0 dat... Don't even know what it is and does....

Diggis,
Yes, I watched the thread.
They look very nice, but in my opinion they are way too small for a realistic port.
My kind of ports fill half or even a whole city tile, maybe spread all over two or three citytiles......
So, in my opinion, the upgradeable ports look like real gems, but small gems.... too small for me.
Thank you very much.

alfadriver12345

Hello everyone in SimWorld, this is my first post! Just a small technical question. The new airports r fantastic! But the animation runway lots & the the aircraft parking lots don't show any aircraft!  ()what()Why is this? Do i have to download extra props or dependancies? I'm confused? Simcity Devotion is always consistently brilliant. Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated.

klaascornelis

Ok here something you can do to check the dependencies:

Download cleanitol
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=569

Open the program
and run the 2 txt files included in the rar file of the airport pack.
if our missing dependencies the program will provide you withe the link.

Hope i helped
Greetings
KC