• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzum727

is there like a tutorial or video or something to help me fully understand how to do this???????????

Voltaire

I've never seen a video about these functional airports; what specifically were you looking for help with?

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

pizdelea

i'm new here ..but where is the download link for them?..PLS HELP
()what() :-[

rooker1

If you have not already signed up to the LEX, you'll need to do so.  Use the same username and password, after that you should have no problem finding them.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

pizdelea

deanva

Are the commercial airliners used in game drawn to scale using the real life planes dimensions?

Voltaire

Both aero teams on this board (AC and SCAG) make airliners to scale. Some of the independent authors do, and some don't. The airliners that Maxis included with the game are not to scale.

deanva

Thanks Voltaire that great to know especially if someone wants to try and design one using the BAT.

deanva

Has anyone made a tutorial like on Youtube or similar on designing a commercial airliner using the BAT? I can't figure out on how to make the cockpit and tail sections on the main fuselage. I am trying to make a CRJ200.

Silverwarp

I actually have a couple of questions about the AC Prefab Airport.

1) What is the maximum size of the lot once it's fully upgraded?  From the pictures that Voltaire has in the link, it looks as if Stages 5 to 9 is much bigger than the stages 1 to 4.  I planned to place the airport at the edge of the city, so if the airport needs extra room to upgrade to Stage 5 and beyond, I would like to provide some cushion.

2) Is there a problem with the automatic airport upgrading based on the available space to expand for the airport?  When I initially tested it, I had roads surrounding the airport on 3 sides and the edge of the map on the 4th and the airport would not upgrade even though it's at max capacity from Stage 1.  Once I removed the road on the long side, it upgraded normally to stage 4 (as it's what my population's capacity needs at the time).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Voltaire

The prefab airports are a 2-piece design, with the runway plopped separately in the higher stages. That runway lot gives makes the airport 'expand' but neither Lot ever changes size. The stage 1-4 airports are just the 35x8 main lot; with a runway plopped the total footprint is 35x14 tiles.

The road behavior is unusual, I've never seen that before. The explanation could be related to the lot being on the edge of the map. I'd be interested to know if upgrades continued normally from that point, whether you rebuilt the road during those upgrades, and which side of the lot was against the edge of the map.

Silverwarp

Thanks Voltaire.

I couldn't recreate the situation.  But, my recollection of what had happened was, initially, I forgot to connect the power to the airport.  Later on, when I connected it to the airport, the airport wouldn't power-up (the main building still had the no power zot).  It seems that the overriding factor is that no-power = no upgrade, but I have no idea what initially created the permanent no power zot.  It works fine now though, despite it being boxed in by 3 roads and the edge of the map.

The runway is to the edge of the map BTW, so the arrow is pointing to the road.

xannepan

I am looking for some advice on how to include an airport into the package.... Any help is appreciated!
-Alex

xannepan

Anyone, pls?  ;D

I have made some progress in the mean time but I still need some advice.

I think I will be able to integrate my airport into the "AC functional airports package version 2.1" and release a new version. I also have a pretty good idea on how to create the enabler files.

One other thing I do not fully understand yet is how the airport cap relief is coded. I do not see any demand satisfied property in the exemplar (?) Probably because the actual cap relief is dependent on the actual airport usage. The question is if not with the demand satisfied property how it works otherwise?

-Alex

-Alex

jeffabes

I see from the initial table that one of the airports goes up to stage 15.  Are these stages the same as city growth stages, or different?  Do none, some, or all of these airports require CAM?

whatevermind

Quote from: jeffabes on June 24, 2013, 08:14:51 AM
I see from the initial table that one of the airports goes up to stage 15.  Are these stages the same as city growth stages, or different?

These are different. Stages, as far as the airports are concerned, are related to the airport's capacity. The airports start out at stage 1 when you plop them, and as they reach their capacity for that stage, they upgrade to the next stage, which has a higher capacity. This repeats until the airport reaches its highest stage, at which point it will simply max out if it goes over capacity.

Quote from: jeffabes on June 24, 2013, 08:14:51 AM
Do none, some, or all of these airports require CAM?

They do not require CAM.

APSMS

Alex (Xannepan) has released a new version of the AC functional Airports on the LEX with his new runways and controller file. I wanted to know if it was possible to not use the AC version of the modified Spaceport. There is a different version I'd like to use (the fix is a little different, and it doesn't function as an airport, which is my main beef with the AC version), and I wondered if it was possible to remove the offending spaceport from the package (via reader or something) or if using the other override in a z-prefixed folder would override any previous changes to the file.

I ask mainly because of the need (or use) of a controller file for the airports, which is something I don't fully understand (the workings of) and am thus unsure (and unwilling) to test the effects of conflicting files on my game and cities.

Hopefully this is an appropriate bump.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

SuperNek

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this but I seem to be having an issue. None of the terminals, airports, tram stations, bus stops, anything is showing up in my airport menu. I ran the Cleanitol files multiple times. I've even reinstalled the dependencies, but still nothing is showing up. I tried looking through the support thread but I didn't see anyone else with this issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jedi93

Quote from: SuperNek on December 28, 2013, 04:17:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this but I seem to be having an issue. None of the terminals, airports, tram stations, bus stops, anything is showing up in my airport menu. I ran the Cleanitol files multiple times. I've even reinstalled the dependencies, but still nothing is showing up. I tried looking through the support thread but I didn't see anyone else with this issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

same for me.
I think it has to do with the new NAM 32, but who knows  &mmm

jedi93

Nevermind, I fixed it.
@SuperNek: Just rename the SC4_Functional_Airports_V2.2.dat to 00_SC4_Functional_Airports_V2.2.dat or something similar so that it's loaded before the other AC files!