• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

All aircrafts and lights are effects that Maxis made. Thus, they are all included in the game itself.
There are two things you need to check though:

1. You need to make sure you've got the graphics setting for Visual Effects set on high.

2. You need to make sure you airport is connected to the power grid. No planes without power!

berkthomas

I cannot seem to get access to the BSC SDP Support file.  When it comes up on the Exchange there is no "Download" button.  How do I get this dependency. ()what()

BarbyW

I have just checked the download and am seeing the Download here so I have no idea what is wrong.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

wouanagaine

Quote from: berkthomas on June 16, 2008, 02:27:36 PM
I cannot seem to get access to the BSC SDP Support file.  When it comes up on the Exchange there is no "Download" button.  How do I get this dependency. ()what()
Please post a pic of what you're seeing, it may help us to guide you

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

alfadriver12345

Cheers Ripplejet! Airport animations & jets taking off now! I play the game with the "fight the power "cheat but didn't realise you need real power supply to make some graphics work! Also my night streetlights now work so you've solved another prob for me aswell!!!!             Also thanks Klaascornelis!!!!!!!

Diggis

You have not logged into the exchange and are just seeing the description page.  Go to the main LEX login (link at the top of every page) and log in there (make sure you registered seperatly to the forums) and then try again.

jjeffrey

This is the first time I have tried adding anything to Sim 4 so I am a little confused. First, the installation put everything on my c: drive. The default path could not be changed. But, my Sym 4 files are on a different partition (d:). If I move the files there will everything work okay? Is there a different installation method I should use?

Also, the instructions listed several dependency files. I have found all but one:
" bldgprop_vol1 - available from Support Files." The link went to Maxis but the file was not listed there.

Anyone know where I can get it?

Last question: One of the dependency files listed its own dependencies. Do I need to get those too for the airports to work?

Finally, THANK YOU!!
Jeffrey

burglarnoone

hi jjeffrey, if you can find the maxis files you seek by navigating from here http://www.sc4devotion.com/SC4D_Maxis_files_EULA.html  to the lot editor (le) page.
  As for the installation path, sim city has 2 plugin directories it creates when you install it one in your case on d: in the games installed location, and the other in your my documents folder, any additional content you download must always go in one of these 2 folders, but i dont think it matters which (please correct me if i am wrong here!). So moving it from your plugins folder on c: , to the one in the games installed path on d: shouldnt be a problem.

jestarr

As to your last question, I'm assuming you're talking about the dependency found in the BSC St Nicholas Park.  As far as I can tell, the answer is no, however, if you want the park to function as it was meant to, (i.e., no missing props/brown boxes, etc.) then I would say yes.

jjeffrey

Burglarnoone: Got the file. Right where you said it would be. Thanks!

Jestarr: Well, that makes sense. Thank you!
Jeffrey

BruceAtkinson

....with the new BSC Functional Airports, may one use this without using the BSC Functional Seaports, as I believe there is a link between the two.....
Bruce

RippleJet

Quote from: BruceAtkinson on June 17, 2008, 07:54:32 AM
....with the new BSC Functional Airports, may one use this without using the BSC Functional Seaports, as I believe there is a link between the two.....
Bruce

They are fully compatible with each other, and each of them can be used without the other! :thumbsup:

HandsOn

Quote from: burglarnoone on June 16, 2008, 08:17:29 PM
   hi jjeffrey, if you can find the maxis files you seek by navigating from here http://www.sc4devotion.com/SC4D_Maxis_files_EULA.html  to the lot editor (le) page.
  As for the installation path, sim city has 2 plugin directories it creates when you install it one in your case on d: in the games installed location, and the other in your my documents folder, any additional content you download must always go in one of these 2 folders, but i dont think it matters which (please correct me if i am wrong here!). So moving it from your plugins folder on c: , to the one in the games installed path on d: shouldnt be a problem.

Actually it does matter about the folders: experiments here found that, as your plugins folder grows, having stuff well organized under ..\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (or ..\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins - if you're on Vista) works better. In any case, most installers of custom content will default to that. The folder \Plugins under the installation directory really ought to contain only four files: the four different background JPG.

And the Maxis files have been renamed - and since this appears to be a new installation, the patches will have to be applied - downloaded from the Maxis site (I've seen them elsewhere, too: Sim City Plaza has them as well, I believe, but I am not sure).

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

srrvxd

I automatically puts it all in My Documents but you can change the MY documents default directory by going to start menu, right click on my doc, properties, and change the target, move and select the new spot you want your documents.  I moved my My Documents to seperate Partition for Safty

jjeffrey

Quote from: HandsOn on June 17, 2008, 08:52:06 AM
...having stuff well organized under ..\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (or ..\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins - if you're on Vista) works better...

HandsOn: Unfortunately, I installed everything in the program plugins folder.

Can I just move the files to the Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\ folder or do I need to reinstall them with the installation programs using the correct location?

Jeffrey

allan_kuan1992

lol... a simple file move will do =P

- Allan Kuan

jjeffrey

...And the Maxis files have been renamed - and since this appears to be a new installation, the patches will have to be applied - downloaded from the Maxis site (I've seen them elsewhere, too: Sim City Plaza has them as well, I believe, but I am not sure).

HandsOn: Yes, I just got SC4. I installed the patches and upgraded from the Maxis site. Thanks!
Jeffrey

jjeffrey

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 20, 2008, 10:04:27 PM
lol... a simple file move will do =P

- Allan Kuan

Allan, I'm glad you are amused. And glad the fix will be that simple.

Thanks!
Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Diggis

Actually it does matter about the folders: experiments here found that, as your plugins folder grows, having stuff well organized under ..\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (or ..\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins - if you're on Vista) works better. In any case, most installers of custom content will default to that. The folder \Plugins under the installation directory really ought to contain only four files: the four different background JPG.

It also has an effect on the load order, although I can remember which way.  :P  I think they My Docs one is loaded last.

I would suggest to anyone installing Seaport and Airport stuff that you let it install to the default directory.  It's a critical element in the management of the controller file.

allan_kuan1992

that I'll have to a agree on somewhat, but not totally. Many people have different styles of organizing their plugins (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4907.0) so the installer default paths might not always work for you. However, for some critical game elements, like the NAM, the AC Functional Airports, and the BSC Functional Seaports, it is recommended that they are put in seperate folders, and also that they are not packed into DATs by the SC4DatPacker.

- Allan Kuan