• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where is Teirusu's "Rain Mod"

Started by knarfdogg, June 14, 2008, 11:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knarfdogg

Hey guys

I am having a bear of a time tracking down a site that still has the infamously difficult to find "teirusu's rain mod".  All the links to teirusu's niche are dead as are the alternate links I've dug up pointing to a simtropolis address.  Does anybody have an idea where to get this slippery mod or would be able to email the file to me?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be rendered

godjcjk12

I have been wanting to download the rain mod but teirusu's site seems to not work &mmm. Does anyone know where I could find it? Yes I have tried Gizmo's weather mod but I do not like it as much.

dedgren

Oh dear.  Teirusu's Niche, which worked for me as recently as sometime last year, appears to have disappeared into the ether.  The ST link is also non-functional, which is probably a result of the recent hack attack on the site.

Let me convene the brain trust here and see what can be done about making this essential item available again.  No promises, but watch this space.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

godjcjk12

Ok thanks.  Just wondering...but would it also be acceptable if someone could release on the LEX while still giving credit to the creator of the mod.  &Thk/( Sorry I'm not familiar with not releasing content.

EDIT: We're working on what to do- thanks for your continued patience. -DE

Pat

Ohhh no that soo bites the big one as this must have just happend I just not to long ago about 3 months at the most linkied someone to it to get the Rain Tool...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

krbe

As far as I understand it just enables some locked Maxis content, and they haven't objected to any changes so far as far as I know?

toxicpiano

I remember Teirusu, I wish he'd come back  :(
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

HandsOn

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

krbe

That's only part one, the Rain Mod's name is ExtraTerrainTools2.zip.

krbe, I corrected your web archive link (you had "http" twice in your link).
Too bad they don't archive zip files as well...
/Tage

knarfdogg

Hey guys my apologies for pestering, but I was curious if any progress had been made towards the availability of the rain mod.

Thanks!

HandsOn

Quote from: knarfdogg on June 24, 2008, 08:25:25 AM
Hey guys my apologies for pestering, but I was curious if any progress had been made towards the availability of the rain mod.

Thanks!
Attached herewith..

HandsOn,
as much as I would love to leave Teirusu's Terrain Mod to be available here,
we cannot allow that as long as you haven't got permission from him to do so.
/Tage

PS. Anybody, feel free to send HandsOn a PM though, if you want to ask him something... ::)

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

MutantPlatypus

So now the webarchive link is broken, too.  I really want to make a land bridge without drilling way down to the water.  Anybody want to email me and discuss unrelated matters?

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

CasperVg

abcvs uploaded it to the STEX, it is now here here  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

MutantPlatypus

Yay!  I couldn't find it because its called the Rain Tool, not Rain Mod.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus