• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Do edited lots get updated in cities automatically?

Started by flame1396, October 01, 2008, 10:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flame1396

When you edit a lot, does it immediately show up in the city as the updated version? Or as the old version?

I would like to re-lot pretty much everything I have and won't do this if it means replacing everything I've done so far.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Tarkus

Well, I just tried that myself recently when I updated a custom lot I did--and the answer, unfortunately, seems to be no.  The lot, once built in the city, gets written into the savegame in the configuration it had when it was grown/plopped in the city. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

threestooges

It seems that, at least visually, you should be able to update your lots as per this tutorial as well as the one it links to. I'm not sure about the scope of its functionality, but it is possible to do in some form.

squidi

as afr as i know you can easyly give the lot a new size and textures without replacing it.
i was not possible to remove props on it with out replacing but to add them.
for this you first save the new lot, go into game, change grphic options,save game(iam not sure if its needed but i think it is), leave game,restart game, change graphic options back, restart game , and now it should show with new props,
for me it works well this way  :D

btw:if you try that out can you tell me if you can move existing props this way?

paul

Tarkus

That might explain why the lot I changed wasn't updated . . . all my changes were prop-related.  Thanks, Paul! 

(Still a rookie at the whole Lotting thing.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Heblem

I knew about this when i was working in a lot on plaza mall last year...

Don't worry Alex, just recently (about 1 month ago) i just learned how to turn pieces  :D :D :D (using FN + PgUp or PgDn) we should make a guide about all that tricks of SC4 that many of us don't know...

Diggis

Heblem

Quote from: Diggis on October 02, 2008, 12:03:04 AM
Heblem, home and end rotate props etc.

Actually that just rotates my camera, its depends on how is your keyboard configured...

threestooges

-Heblem: Since you mentioned wanting to make a guide, let me add this little bit that is often forgotten:

Ctrl - Up Arrow moves the prop up in 0.1 m steps
Ctrl and Shift - Up Arrow moves the prop up in 1.0 m steps

RippleJet reminded me of that one here.

flame1396

Hmm... I guess my origional suspicions are correct...

Well thanks for the info guys.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.