• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Place Your Region In The World / The Many Nations of SC4

Started by projectadam, January 16, 2009, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Nieuw Nederland is situated in North America, the area now known as the states of New York and New Jersey, and Connecticut. It does not have colonies as it's a former Dutch colony itself...

In seems we have little county uprising and declaring indepency.... the Dutch Americans are not sure how to deal with that rioting Orleans County on their soil.... ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

JoeST

Awesome idea with the big continent maps, but maybe you should make them thumbnails and link them to the full sized versions, its just a very large top part of the post...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

Quote from: projectadam on January 21, 2009, 10:23:31 PM
Haljackey,

No hijacking at all, THIS is what makes it fun :) Hoping to have the main maps updated by the weekend.

Good to know.  This is kinda fun!   :)

All right, many members have recommended another possible location for the GTR:

What do you think about this one?  I'm still open to any suggestions!

Best,
-Haljackey

simsamerica

Well the only one I could guess would be that my county of the Sernsen District which I havent posted pictures of yet would be... costal but I would have to say that it would be in an are thats got a coast like NJ but about like rural Maine in population Density.
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on January 25, 2009, 07:23:10 PM
Good to know.  This is kinda fun!   :)

All right, many members have recommended another possible location for the GTR:

What do you think about this one?  I'm still open to any suggestions!

Best,
-Haljackey
Good spot! It would really fit in there.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

rushman5

Avalon is basically Victoria, Canada.  This is a great idea. :thumbsup:

NASCAR_Guy

The Virginia Republic encases the US States of Virginia,Maryland,Columbia, and North Carolina
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

dedgren

I'm back to help out a bit- I now have full continent maps and have created a thumbnail for each.

Over the weekend, we'll get the full-size maps annotated with the locations, link them to the thumbnails and then post them.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

Quote from: sebes on January 22, 2009, 02:26:07 PM
Nieuw Nederland is situated in North America, the area now known as the states of New York and New Jersey, and Connecticut. It does not have colonies as it's a former Dutch colony itself...

It seems we have an uprising of sorts on our hands.... the Dutch Americans are not sure how to deal with that rioting Orleans County on their soil.... ;)

Oh, you're funny.   :D  :P

My advice is to open an embassy.  Orleans County plans on doing so in Nieuw Nederland.

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

tankmank

This is Where The Peoples Republic of Toright is located

danielcote

BFG

Called it after my own name Gabi: Gabilon. Inspired on Babylon, so it has to be in the southern of Iraq.

There's no need to bring recent RL politics into this.  Please re-read the Site Rules.  -Tarkus/Admin

joelyboy911

I've just started my New Zealand MD, the Thames District

Also, I move to alter the image provided for Oceania. If you're doing continents, then you ought to rename that image "Australia" but Oceania (by some definitions) also encompasses New Zealand, Polynesia, Melanesia, Micronesia, and Papua New Guinea. The one provided by David is good, but still leaves out the Pacific Islands, not sure if anyone has made their regions there though.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

projectadam

Joel and Everyone Else Who Has Posted,

Agreed on the maps and as you probably could see by when posts were made, the PYRITW kind of died. Have no fears though, I am back into finding maps that are going to work for the sizes of landmasses and a way to mark them and I believe 110% that the "Place Your Region in the World" thread will be revived ;)
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

RadicalOne

I think of mine as being in a rather unique location, and I am thus unable to use the default format.
I find it to be some of the best real estate within realistic distance of the Sol System.
Here is a Hubble Photo of my regions' planet - it's a real planet, though I've ascribed fictional characteristics to it:

KoV Liberty

My region Atrubia is, in-fact, its own country on the eastern edge of Saudi Arabia and about 50 miles south of Kuwait. Atrubia is a very oil country and prospers off of oil. We have some of the biggest reserves in the world.

A world-view.

And a region view.

Currently still undergoing terraforming. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Enslaved Viking

I'm working on three different regions: 2 real life bases, one is from a video game:

SAN ANDREAS: From  "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas", not making it as it appears on the game, it's all large cities, I like it for two reasons, first off I'm a huge fan of the game (I'm also gonna search for Liberty City and Vice City) and second it has mountains, river, lakes, hills, makes it look like real life, a little of everything.
I can't find any small maps.

PUGET SOUND: It's the entire Seattle and Bellevue area, it also has parts of Kitsap County, and parts of Shoreline and extends up to Snoqualmie Pass. I like the topography of it, it's just to dificult to recreate it from the real city, even though I live in Seattle. Similar to:

EVERETT: It has the entire city of Everett, WA, and also parts of northern Snohomish County, and also southern Skagit County. A bit similar to this map:

I'll add photos when I learn how to do that in SC4Devotion
Love Cats. Love Pokemon. Love SimCity 4. Love Pacific Northwest where I live