• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Funtional airports problem :runway problem

Started by Zack, February 16, 2009, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack

HI I am having a problem with the AC Functional airports. when I get to the stage of the airport to be a regional airport, the runway that is required for it is still inaccessible even though it says that the requirements are a regional airport. ??? I dont know is this is a bug or something but its bothering me alot.

Any ideas on what it might be &mmm

Korot

Had same problem. Key word being 'had' as it was soon cleared, you just have to wait for the game month to finish, then the game will detect the airport and 'release' the runway.

Zack

actually i waited and it hasnt detected it still

RippleJet

Note that you must also have BSC Essentials in order for the reward script to be able to realise that the regional airport has grown.

Zack

sorry for long bump but I do have the Essentials pack already and it still persists. its like you make an airport once in the city and it will show. I bulldoze the airport, let it upgrade and now it wont unlock the runway. this is really frustrating  %wrd

Korot

Did the airport upgrade, or did you plop it on the stage that the runway should unlock? And are you sure you have all dependencies? And the latest version of the BSC esentials?

Zack

What I did is just plopped the landing strip which is the first stage. then I let it upgrade to the regional stage. that was it, the runway wouldnt unlock. This is definitely a bug ()sad() and yes I have Everything and I mean EVERYTHING

RippleJet

What growth stage is the airport that it has upgraded to (as shown in the query)?

Growth stages 5 and 6 enable the concrete runway,
growth stages 7, 8 and 9 enable the asphalt runway.

Neither runway won't be offered until the end (the 28th) of the month when stage 5 or 7 was fully upgraded.
Did you let the game run for more than a month after the upgrade was finished?

Zack

Its at stage 5. and still the runway is not unlocked and yes I did let the game run for more than 2 months ()sad()

Xiziz

Could you be using an outdated BSC Essentials file?

allan_kuan1992

I think I had an oddity around there too... might have something to do with bulldozing and replopping many times.

- Allan Kuan

RippleJet

You could of course always press Ctrl-X and write the cheat code "you don't deserve it", to enable all rewards.
After you've thus enabled and plopped the runway, save the game, exit and enter again.
The latter in order to once again disable rewards you shouldn't be able to plop yet (unless you enjoy cheating of course)... ::)

Zack

Quote from: Xiziz on May 12, 2009, 02:30:15 AM
Could you be using an outdated BSC Essentials file?
No Im using the latest version of BSC Essentials

diamonddog_74

I have a similar question.

According to the menu item description of the AC Landing Strip, it says that to go from Level 4, you need to build a runway adjacent to the airport. It also says that the new, bigger airport, will grow around that runway. My question is, which runway? I have two "Prefab" runways available, and some small pieces. The ones that are grayed out are the ones required for higher stage, so I get that.

Since the transportation adviser again told me that we need an airport, I tried plopping the single Prefab runway next to the current airport's built-in runway, but after a few game months, nothing happened. My capacity keeps going up for the airport, so at which point will the airport detect the new runway and build around it?

In addition to which runway do I use to make it go to the next stage, also does it matter where we plop the runway as long as it's adjacent? I tried going through the main support threads, but there are no instructions on how to use these. All I see is some basic descriptions of what they do. Better documentation is needed for how to use these airport lots.

carkid1998

I believe it will start growing 'around the runway' when capacity maxes out and it progresses to the next stage.
And I presume it can be placed anywhere around the airport-providing there's no gap between them-but for the best visual and most realistic look, line it up with the taxi-ways.

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

RippleJet

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on November 19, 2010, 07:53:27 AM
According to the menu item description of the AC Landing Strip, it says that to go from Level 4, you need to build a runway adjacent to the airport. It also says that the new, bigger airport, will grow around that runway. My question is, which runway? I have two "Prefab" runways available, and some small pieces. The ones that are grayed out are the ones required for higher stage, so I get that.

You do not *have to* build the runway in order to have your airport upgrade from stage 5 and up.
However, it would look stupid to have an airport without a runway...
Thus, there are two runways available that fit next to the airport,
one concrete asphalt runway designed to match stages 5 and 6,
and one asphalt concrete runway to mach stages 7, 8 and 9.

Since the transportation adviser again told me that we need an airport

Ignore him. He's not very well simulated... ::)
He only checks to see if you've got the ingame landing strip that Maxis made...
As soon as you replace that landing strip with a municipal or international airport,
he would start complaining that you need to build an airport again...

Since all functional airports by the AC Team are based upon the "municipal airport",
the advisor won't accept them as "landing strips"...

I tried plopping the single Prefab runway next to the current airport's built-in runway, but after a few game months, nothing happened. My capacity keeps going up for the airport, so at which point will the airport detect the new runway and build around it?

Nothing will build "around" it... the old functional airport will still upgrade though,
but the runway won't. The runway is simply "eye-candy".
Thus, whenever your airport reaches stage 7, you will manually have to delete the concrete asphalt runway and plop the asphalt concrete one instead
(which becomes available one month after the stage 7 has been fully completed).

Korot

It could just be me, but wasn't it the asphalt runway that became available before the concrete one? 

Regards,
Korot

diamonddog_74

Quote from: Korot on November 21, 2010, 06:24:22 AM
It could just be me, but wasn't it the asphalt runway that became available before the concrete one? 

Regards,
Korot

Yes, the prefab asphalt runway (there are two, a single and a double) becomes available before the concrete.

I demolished the prefab runway I had placed before. I let the game run until the airport looked dilapidated from getting to full capacity. It finally upgraded, and then the city planner adviser told me to build the runway.

As I said before, the documentation for these guys needs to be revised because the icon description makes it seem that you need to build the runway in order for the airport to upgrade to the next level. Instead it should say that you'll need the new runway once it advanced to the next level (level 5, in this case).

RippleJet

Quote from: Korot on November 21, 2010, 06:24:22 AM

Yes, of course and thanks! Fixed that in my post above. ;)

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on November 21, 2010, 07:40:29 AM
As I said before, the documentation for these guys needs to be revised because the icon description makes it seem that you need to build the runway in order for the airport to upgrade to the next level. Instead it should say that you'll need the new runway once it advanced to the next level (level 5, in this case).

Well, unless you've cheated and used the "you don't deserve it", the runways won't be available until when you should plop them, i.e. after the airport has upgraded to stage 5 (and stage 7 later on).