• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buildings based in Waco, Texas

Started by Orange Julius, February 25, 2009, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Julius

Are there any buildings based in Waco, Texas? I think it would be a fine place to recreate.
Gone now...

Pat

Hey Oj any buildings inpatricular that you have in mind?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Orange Julius

Eh, I was just wondering, but some buildings that would be cool to see are...
The Dr Pepper Museum: The different brick is from when a tornado lopped off a chunk of the building in the 1950s
The Alico: Once the tallest building in the Southwest, this building reads ALICO in red neon visible from miles away but there's no way to get to the top level. They don't like tourists.  :'(
Super Kmart: Closed in a round of 2002-2003 closings, this Super Kmart was one of my favorite places when my family went to Waco. It's an Academy now.
Health Camp: This classic building has shakes and burgers that aren't very healthy (the name is a joke).
Treasure City Flea Market: This is one of the better flea markets in Texas. Bonus: it's an old drive-in theater!

Gone now...

Pat

I know there are plenty of Kmarts (Super) on the stex that you could use to relot it be more like what you want there for your personal taste...  Treasur City Flea Market would be a almost easy one to do using the MAXIS Drive Inn props and flea market items...  It can be done, if you want I can see about lotting up something for you but it will be a little bit of time as I am working on another project ATM...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Orange Julius

Super Kmart vs. Big Kmart are not the same. Oh well, since I don't have Lot Editor or play SC4, can't do anything, really. Thanks anyway.  :'(
Gone now...

simsamerica

Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

Pat

I am confussed Oj??? I thought you wanted a Super K-mart and if you dont want that there is a Big K-mart here...  So you dont play SC4 at all then or what I am also confussed about that too???

Orange Julius

Quote from: Pat on March 03, 2009, 06:02:56 PM
I am confussed Oj??? I thought you wanted a Super K-mart and if you dont want that there is a Big K-mart here...  So you dont play SC4 at all then or what I am also confussed about that too???

OK, maybe I should clear some things up.

I used to play SimCity 4 on my Mac but I got frustrated because it was too slow, none of the custom buildings would light up at night, and I generally thought SimCity 4 was unfit for the Mac that I had anyway. But I'll try SimCity 4 again. I just got scared away and frustrated, and I haven't been back since.

Big Kmart and Super Kmart are indeed different things. Super Kmart is a full-line hypermarket. It has (according to Wikipedia)

Quoteeverything a regular Kmart carries, but has a full grocery section with meat and poultry, baked goods, delicatessen, garden produce and fresh seafood. Kmart Super Center stores range from 140,000 to 190,000 square feet (13,000 to 17,700 m²). These stores are also known as Super Kmart Center or Super Kmart. Super Center stores also feature a garden center, a video rental store, a branch of a local bank, a pharmacy, and usually a K-Cafe or Little Caesars Pizza Station. Several also include Kmart Express gas stations. Fewer than 60 Kmart Super Centers are still open, most having been closed during the two rounds of closures in 2002 and 2003. Some of the surviving Super Kmarts were those in regions without a strong Wal-Mart presence, including Ohio and Michigan. A typical Super Center sells around 30 million dollars of merchandise during one fiscal year.

Big Kmart is simply a regular Kmart that was converted to a "Big Kmart" in an ill-fated 1997 rebranding. They have a smaller size closer to regular Kmarts (84k-120k square feet) and do not have a full grocery section.

And I do not like Heblem's Kmart's roof. &mmm

But I'll think I'll play SimCity 4 today. For the first time in a while.  ;D
Gone now...

callagrafx

Have you an Intel mac?  If so, then Crossover should run SC4  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Orange Julius

Quote from: callagrafx on March 19, 2009, 09:07:12 AM
Have you an Intel mac?  If so, then Crossover should run SC4  :thumbsup:

No, and if I did, I wouldn't be complaining. I'd be PLAYING!
Gone now...

Orange Julius

HOLD THE PHONE!

Listed in this thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=907.0

This is listed:
K-Mart Super Center   400 K-Mart Super Center_300570eb.SC4Lot   Bobbo662

This is on the LEX, right?  :shocked2:
Gone now...