• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

Thanks everyone, for your patience and enthusiam  :)

It's nearly ready... final round of Lot testing is underway, and the prop pack should be up this weekend.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

PLT

That's very good news!
And by the way, happy Easter!  ;)

ShadeSlayer

Did they end up getting released over Easter?

Voltaire

Thanks PLT
ShadeSlayer - not yet, it's awaiting final approvals...

in the meantime we have the A320 Family entering production  ;D

Jack Bauer

wow it starts great!! Thank you so much for having released the 737!!

krbe

Finally I can start building my SAS empire (with 737s from you and long-range planes from Tabi) :thumbsup:

ShadeSlayer

I'm loving the 737s, great work!

A320 is looking pretty cool. Seems like it will turn out great!

ShadeSlayer

Ah, it seems I've come across a slight problem. I don't know if it's just me, but with the 737's, there are a few of them sitting in the Parks menu with "grass area" or whatever as a name.

I edited these with Lot Editor, and it seems the jetways are detached. Don't know if this was intentional.

Voltaire

That's some re-lotting work in your plugins...

None of my building exemplars have a Parks 0x1006 OccupantGroup, during or after assembly... I use another OccupantGroup while editing.
I guarantee all the aircraft were rendered with attached jetways. Are you looking at the AC 737NG? Mike_oxlong has released a pack of 737 Classics.

ShadeSlayer

Oh, it was probably those packs.

That had me quite confused, as I knew you had attached jetways.

Thanks for the help, and again, great work by all.

cogeo

The 320 is awesome!!! Congrats!!!  &apls

The fuselage and nose are very well proportioned (and I guess the wings too)!

There are two minor points that need to be reworked a little though, I think:
- The wing fences rather look not very much OK to me. Probably somewhat oversized, not so much accurately shaped (could you please post a pic from the side?) and I think they rather need to be moved a little to the back.
- The engine isn't very well proportioned I think (it's a CFM engine, isn't it?). Maybe the front part should be a little narrowed, but the whole engine somewhat thickened. The cone at the back (don't know how it's being called) maybe should be narrowed a little too. The front part of the nacelle doesn't look very much OK either (looks larger than the engine). I think it should be toned down, and look metallic, not painted. Maybe playing a little with the material or light/reflections could fix this.

With the two above points sorted out, the model would be PERFECT to me!

And hope that someone makes automata too (I mean flying ones).

Keep the good work!

Voltaire

Glad I could help shadeslayer  :thumbsup:

Thanks cogeo! The nose has been improved lately -- I like it much more, compared to the older style on the PreFabs.

You're quite correct, the mesh is stretched in several places. Mainly extra height, to counteract vertical compression during rendering. SC4's orthographic projection squishes things badly otherwise. All our planes use vertical scale-up, the 757's tail is cartoonish in the viewports.

Gmax screenies don't do my textures justice... shader & output map settings don't show at all  &mmm
Above shot is just the raw colors of the materials' Diffuse Map. It's unusual for my viewports to even look this nice, so I thought I'd post it.

Here's the real deal -- a brand-new A321 render

The engines, same CFM56 as Monarch, squished to normal size nicely  :)

ShadeSlayer

It's looking good.

Where has ace been lately? He still around? Just wondering because his name is on the picture as the creator of the jetway..

allan_kuan1992

Hmm... I kind of wonder... with recent HD prop discoveries, will you start to build some aircraft in that style? All the detail is really nice... but it sometimes it gets blurry zoomed up = \

- Allan Kuan

joelyboy911

Everything here looks really great. For your A320 family of jets, could you do the A320-200 owned by Air New Zealand, It is like the one which crashed into the Mediterranean, off France, Last year.

Sorry to go on but could you also do the Air New Zealand 787-9, for which it is the launch customer.

Thanks for all the work you have put into everything so far, its great!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

ShadeSlayer

Hey, remember this?

I really, really like the look of those baggage carts. Are they going to be released, by any chance?

allan_kuan1992

I have that feeling that it may never see the day of light... because Ace hasn't been around for quite awhile I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is just my observation).

- Allan Kuan

Voltaire

Ace hasn't been heard yet this year, so far... of course we hope he'll return and finish the excellent work begun in that pic.

The covered bag carts are something I'll do for the big widebodies coming up, along with catering.

Speaking of widebodies, yes the first 787-9 (passenger) will go to Air New Zealand, one of its launch customers. The 787 is two places back in the production line though...

The A320 is coming along, I'm wrapping up the rendering for the first five. Pics this week  :)

ShadeSlayer

What's after the A320s if there's something else before the 787s?

Also, does that mean that covered carts are a potential long wait?

PLT

Alright then!
Nice to hear that you already have rendered 5 (!) Airbusses in such a small time.
I'll be curious to see what you made of it  ;)

Edit: That is already the 4th page of nice work  &apls