• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Savegame Explorer

Started by wouanagaine, March 25, 2009, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Quote from: Warrior on March 31, 2009, 12:55:29 PM
:o :o
Is that the route sims take to work????!!!
Yes and same for freight, need a bit of polishing ( especially when switching network type ) before releasing it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

Oh that is just "??? are you sane? " :D

fantastic

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

So any news?
btw, would these discoveries of the save game format allow a program which could move everything in a small city into a medium or large tile?
That way when a small city reaches the edges of the tile, we can move it to a medium and continue building?

Jonathan

JoeST

or even out-of-game duplication :o and rotation :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

Unfortunatly there is a checksum written that prevent to write new data, and I have yet to understand how it is calculate

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

MutantPlatypus

Is there a way to export this data?  I'd like something that automagically checks for missing IDs, and to start I would need to be able to read this data (and data from plugins) in another program.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

GMT

I know it's been quite some time since the last posts concerning this project, but since I really like this program and see lots of potential in it, I wonder whether this means that it's entirely dead or just on a hold and be continued some other time?

... really, it is. I swear.

wouanagaine

It' is available, so it is neither dead nor postponed :)

New Horizons Productions

Moonraker0

Hello.  I just installed this program and I am having an issue with it.  When I run the program, a box pops up that says "Errors occurred.  See the log file."  When I looked in the log file, it said that there was a dll missing, but I already installed all four dlls mentioned as required in the first post of this thread to the SC4Save installation folder.  The weird thing about the errors in the log is that it won't say which dll(s) are missing.  I had this program working in Windows Vista, but now I have recently installed Windows 7, and I think that this might be related to the problem.  I have tried putting the dlls in my system directory instead and also restarting the computer.  Here is the complete log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Save.py", line 14, in ?
  File "SC4OpenGL.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
  File "SC4Save.py", line 15, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

catty

See this topic "PIM-X Bug on Win7 SP1 - Fixed!"   http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14216.0

It might be what's causing your problem, the fix has also sorted out

Quote from: CasperVg on January 06, 2012, 12:04:45 AM
I have good news for those who want to use the SC4 Savegame Explorer: the multiarray.pyd fix also works there!

problems people were having with SC4 Savegame Explorer

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

bap

Hi,

I just ran into the same problem as Moonraker0 while upgrading to a new computer with windows 7 (lots of bugfixes to solve  ()sad() ).  The new multiarray.pyd works fine indeed. Thanks a lot, CasperVg and Catty&hlp

LReyomeXX

And I was just about to start the painstaking process of mapping my city out manually in Paint Shop or by hand

packersfan

Dang, I was hoping this program could tell me if my city was infected with the prop pox before the symptoms manifest (when an offending prop has already corrupted the file before the file is big enough to manifest the problem, though)...so I guess I still have to manually test my cities...sigh.

Kitsune

I have all four DLL's ... yet I get this:

File "SC4Save.py", line 14, in ?
  File "SC4OpenGL.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I have win 10 - and have the files installed correctly per the instructions.
~ NAM Team Member

Kitsune

I fixed it... dunno what the problem is. I simply copied all the DLL's from the PIM folder to to the the sv4save folder and viola, it worked.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

.DLL files are in essence system files, they can work one of two ways.

Either you install them for system-wide usage, which requires registry entries and possibly correct settings for environment variables. I.e. telling Windows, so it can pass it along to applications, the location of such files. Usually this is handled for you when running the installer for a given library (that contains .DLL files). Since for example, installing the C++ runtime will install more than just the single .DLL file from it, that you might need in a specific case. In essence it will install/register all the necessary files for C++ coded apps to work on your machine.

Otherwise, if you simply place the .DLL files an application needs in the root folder of the application, as you have done here. The application should be able to find them and load them correctly. The downside to this approach is that you may have multiple files scattered around, which can also lead to one being updated whilst other copies remain outdated. Windows was designed to handle all this for you, but if you've illegitimately downloaded the .DLL's as individual files, rather than the full libraries which contain them, along with the proper installer package. Either you need to manually set this all up, otherwise you may have to resort to having many copies for each application that uses them.

Of course it doesn't help that many app creators will tell you which .dll files you need, rather than the actual libraries that include them. Then you get sites (usually the first links on Google), who are illegally distributing and even selling these files. Whilst libraries are almost always free for end users, the distribution rights almost never allow for individual .DLL files to be distributed. Not to mention, no way on earth does Microsoft for example, allow for random websites to charge you money for their code. But then, companies like MS shot themselves in the foot, when they tried to make developers pay to provide the libraries needed for their apps, to include them. Whilst that happens for commercial software, it's rarely something you can do as a hobbyist. Not to mention, why on earth doesn't Windows of all things simply have the code to run native Windows Apps coded using MS software tools in the first place? It's all rather stupid and has led ultimately to the mess we have today.

bmburke

Is there any way to get this to run under Windows 10.  It doesn't launch under any compatibility mode available.