• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challange 4

Started by antn, May 02, 2009, 08:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

Negotiations with the separatists have started and we are waiting for their demands.
My orders to tooheys.
Quote from: antn on May 03, 2009, 03:10:15 PM
I have been chosen to represent the separatists. What we want is for you to build a town in Tile H.
This is a map of what we want.

1. Jobs and housing.
We need jobs and decent housing as anyone else, we want you to zone for industry in the gray areas of the map, in the rest of the town we want mixed residential and commercial neighbourhoods. For now we will settle with homes and jobs for at least 1200 people. We also want farms developed along Route 87.

2. Power
As we don't have a power station on our side of the river we need you to build one for us, this should be located in the industrial district (marked with gray on the map). You can choose the source of power, but it needs to be environmental friendly, we do not want any three-eyed fish in our catch during our next year fish festival.

3. Education, safety and health.
Even if we may use some unorthodox methods of making our voices heard we still want to feel safe, so we need policing and firefighting capabilities, build us a police station and a fire station. We have also understood that there may be some better ways to destroy roads and rail than using harvesters and we do not want our kids to make the same mistake as we did when it is their turn to rebel against the federal government, build us a school and a library. For us to stay as healthy as we are we need a medical station. All these buildings are to be built in the area marked in a green tone, between these buildings, if there is room, we want parks.

If you for any reason feel that the planned streets and roads is not enough for you to meet my demands you may extend the road network in the area south of the town and east from route 87 and the area east of the town, but you may not build east of the river. I hope it is clear what you should do but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck!

metarvo

I have been appointed as the Separatist leader for your region, so I am going to issue my first orders now.

Orders amended as of May 5.

1. Build a power plant
Since our side does not have its own power plant, we need you to build one on the north side of the river, in Tile K.  Make sure that it's not unreasonably big, but don't make it too small either.  We don't want any nuclear explosions on our side (they would be treated as hostile acts), so don't build a nuclear plant.  Make sure that power is connected to the town in Tile B via your choice of power lines, whether they are above ground or underground.

2. Build a water supply
We will also need our own water facility, so we would like to see one.  Any location in Tile K near the water would be great, as long as it's not right next to the power plant, but try to avoid building it too far away.  A treatment plant must also be built near the water facility to ensure that we get clean, pure water.  Make sure that the water facility is connected to the town in Tile B via water pipes.

3. Begin developing a town in Tile K
Plan on developing between 50 and 150 new residential zones in Tile K.  If residential demand is too low to meet this number, you must raise residential demand with new commercial or industrial zones, new civic structures, or lower taxes.  Build schools, clinics, or hospitals as necessary to ensure that all homes are covered.

4. Zone some farmland
I notice a lack of farmland in the area we've been given.  Some of us would like the chance to buy land cheap and sell it back for a profit later.  Until then, farms are a good placeholder, and they provide a needed resource to any region.  Plan on allowing us to develop between 12 and 24 new farms in Tile K.

5. Build a new road
You must build a new road from the power plant or water facility in Tile K and connect it to C10 Route 18 anywhere on our side of the river.  The new road can be a Road, Street, or SAM Street, but it must provide access to either the power plant or water facility.  Make sure that the other facility (power or water) has road access as well, by building another new road if necessary.

That's all for now.  Feel free to ask questions if necessary.  Good luck, antn!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

antn

Your orders seems reasonable, just one thing about that road, as I will not be able to do anything outside of tile K I hope that it is ok to make the road connection to access C10 via route 18 wich already connects tile K with C10.

metarvo

Yes, a connection to Route 18 is fine.  Since nothing can be built outside of the tile I've requested (Tile K), I will amend the orders slightly to reflect this.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

mrbisonm

Reminder:

Please be aware that there's only a litlle over 24 hours left to do your challenge, remember this.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

antn

Meeting the separatists demands.

First, in this overview of the town the power plant is visible and building a power plant was one of the demands made by te separatists. The power plant is a modern coal power plant with very low polluting levels.

Another demand was clean water, here you can see how groundwater is pumped from the mountain to the water purifying facilities.

And the separatist wanted a town, here is a close-up of the town center.

Another overview of the town and the surrounding agricultural development. The new road is seen here as well.

A vineyard on the slopes.

Development in the loyal south

A park to honour the separatists and to remember the close bonds of the people south and north of the river. The park was designed by local cartographer Martin Waldseemüller and a gardener from the north. The blue flowers are the sea and river of the region and separate colors for south and north was chosen to mark the difference of the two, and the bridge was built to symbolize the strong bonds, despite the political ruckus of the day.

Some residential development.

And again.

metarvo

Very good, antn.  You have met all of the demands effectively.  The residential neighborhoods look very good, and enough businesses have been built to support them.  You have also made a good choice on the power plant, even though it is a little close to the houses.  I suppose the low pollution makes up for it.  The farms and fences are also built quite well, and the new road is nice.

We the separatists will be satisfied for now, until we are given clearance by the Governor to issue further demands.  $%#Ninj2

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  Your demands are nicely presented and of good sense. 5 points are added.

2.  You have met the demands of the separatists very nicely too, showing us beautiful pictureswith many details. 5 good points are added.

3.  We did not find a picture with the statue demanded. 0 points.

Some beautiful details in this update and we really enjoye the downtown picture. 10 points were added to your total.

Fred and Lynn