• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No mansions mod

Started by Floydian, May 09, 2009, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floydian

Are there any mods that prevent mansions from building? I hate having zoned out middle class neighborhoods of 2x1 houses, only to have mansions decide they are going to build in the middle and take out a 4x3 chunk of residential. It would be nice to only raise taxes for low density $$$ residential, but thats not possible.

SO, are there any no-maxis-mansions mods? Sorry if this has been asked, but I searched no mansions and got no results.

Tilarium

I was thinking about this the other day aswell.  However, instead of a no-mansion mod, which would prevent mansions everywhere, I was hoping someone know about a lot that would prevent mansions.  Like you, I really had when a mansion decides to pop up where you don't want one... like my low-key farming communities.  Just because I have a clinc doesn't mean the Doc needs a mansion!   :angrymore:

threestooges

I'm not aware of a mod that would do what you're asking, but there are a few tricks you can use to get around it. One is to make use of the "Make Historical" button in the building query. You don't have to do it to every building, just enough so that 1 tile in the 3x3 grid that a mansion would occupy is non-upgradeable. In the same style, you can have one tile within that same grid as a park/open lot. Basically anything that breaks a 3x3 grid across an area. Hope that helps in at least some way.

igerould

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16393

^download that

Then take out everything except for the 'block R$$$' file, and put that one file in your plugins

bap

One alternative to prevent R$$$ mansions to grow on a given 3x3 residential zone is to use different densities in the zoning. For example, you may use low density to zone the outer two 1x3 lots and make the central 1x3 lot as a medium density. This should force the game to grow three separate 1x3 lots in this block. Or, if you are willing to let a 2x3 lot develop, you can use the different density zone for one of the corner 1x3 lots. This is less radical than using a R$$$ banning modd and gives you control of where you limit the grow of mansions. I presume that there may be some neighborings in your city where you do want mansions to grow.
Bap

Floydian

Quote from: igerould on May 11, 2009, 03:16:44 PM
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16393

^download that

Then take out everything except for the 'block R$$$' file, and put that one file in your plugins

That does the same thing as putting the taxes to 20%... I just want the mansions out, not the condos.

As for everybody else's suggestions, this is what I try to do, but it can be very annoying when you have two rows of -say- 20 2x1 houses, and you have to make 15 historical... Multiplied by a large city tile that has 150000 people in low density residential

RippleJet

dhamp's No Maxis Building Mod v2 is more diverse and allows you to block e.g. all mansion by using only NMBM R$$$ 1-3 Mansions.dat