• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mod to reveal terrain height? (and bridge height mod question)

Started by djvandrake, August 31, 2009, 10:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djvandrake

Greetings,

My apologies if this has been discussed before or is common knowledge, but I can't seem to find it.  I'm looking for a mod or for the method to reveal by standard query in game the exact height of the terrain?  Does anyone know how to do this?  I have two sides of a body of water I need to build a bridge across, and can't get the terrain the same height.  How do I do this?  ()what()

Also, the mod to allow for bridges at lower heights is listed on a German site.  I apologize for my ignorance but I'm not multi-lingual and can't understand it.  Does anyone know of this mod hosted at a site in English or do you have usage instructions (read-me) in English?

Many thanks to any advice you can provide.

RippleJet

Quote from: djvandrake on August 31, 2009, 10:41:37 AM
I'm looking for a mod or for the method to reveal by standard query in game the exact height of the terrain?  Does anyone know how to do this?

It's not a separate mod... it's already in the game. ;)
Press Ctrl-X and write TerrainQuery in field that pops up, and press enter.
Now, hover with your mouse and you will see the coordinates and height of the terrain.

CasperVg

I'm 100% positive that the Bridge H1 mod is still available at Simtropolis (downloaded it a few days ago - after a lucky find), but unfortunately the Search system doesn't pick it up.

EDIT: Did some manual scanning in the "Modds" section of the STEX, and found it: Get it here!. This one should include an English readme.

Hope that helped,
Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

djvandrake

:thumbsup:

MANY thanks to both of you for your assistance and quick response!  I very much appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thank you!