• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Threestooge's Village

Started by threestooges, December 02, 2009, 02:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Pastures encircle the area and, while not exactly a burgeoning focal point, it does provide access to the wider world for the rancher's cattle. You can also get a pretty darn good breakfast, not to mention coffee, "in town." Why the quotes? Well, most of my life has been spent in places where a population of 892 usually had two or three extra digits in front of it.

It's a good place to live though. Quiet, rural, at the river is great in summer (well, all year long really).

The stockyards are the major gathering spot here, especially when there's a local show. Each of the farms around here tends to specialize a bit, but that doesn't stop everyone from getting together here to show off their stuff and have a bit of a party.

As you might've noticed, the railroad runs through here. It's probably why the village is here in the first place. The cows have to go somewhere (no, I don't mean what they do out in the field) and this provides quick transport for them. These stock pens make the loading process much easier.

Here's one of the frights that passes through the area making its way across the river. It's a nice trainspotting location, even if it isn't the busiest line.

Just across the tracks is "downtown." The City Hall occupies the majority of the large building with the clock tower. The blue shop on the corner there is the place I mentioned earlier for a good cup of coffee and breafast. When the door's open you can usually hear the local steam engine hissing away in the yard.

Just up that little street there is the local church with its cemetery overlooking the river. Just next door is the local ball field. Great view, but homeruns are interesting when the ball goes in the river. It's a local past time to go diving for baseballs downstream when the season's over.

On the other side of the church is the local park complete with a playground for the children and a gazebo. It's a great spot for a church potluck, or a great place to get into the river.

The village here was born from the cattle industry, so it wouldn't be right to leave things without showing a few cows.

The river also pulls double duty providing water for the cows on the ranches that have cleared paths to it.

Sunrise. Cows mooing, cicadas buzzing, the occasional light mist in the air. Not a bad time of day.

Night around here is pretty quiet, but people still get out and about.

Hope you enjoyed.
-Matt

wouanagaine

Nice cow park, at first I thought it was a building growing :)

The playground and gazebo place seems to be very peaceful

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jmyers2043

I especially like the shot of city hall with the whistle stop and the two main rails running through the middle of town. I've seen scenes like that many a time.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Nardo69

Great Setup. Love the big stockyard at the RR station!  :satisfied:

And the Railway Bridge with the Freight looks great, typical American for me! Great work!  :thumbsup:

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tooheys

COMPETITION 1 - THE VILLAGE
ENTRIES CLOSE 3/12/2009 12 MIDNIGHT

Hi Matt

We see you have completed your entry and it would appear to comply with
the rules of the competition.  :thumbsup:

In a few days, we will be copying your entry across to the Judging Board
where the SC4d public will select the winner by way of poll.

Goodluck  :)

Dave

thingfishs

nice one Matt, the brown cows, the covered bridge & the mass of exposed rock you created by the river are my favourites.

Battlecat

Great job!  I'm loving the job you did with the terrain!  Those farms are fantastic!

metarvo

This looks like a nice small place in the road town, Matt.  :thumbsup:  I really like the stock pens.  I also like those power lines crossing the river.  Where did you manage to get those?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

danielcote

Nice cow farm! great rail system too.

Earth quake

Nice pictures matt.
I really like the river and the cows farm.

threestooges

Metarvo: Those I actually made myself. A sort of expansion of the smaller phone poles I made for 3RR. If I can figure how to get them to plop without a sidewalk next to the road, then I have plans for them. I was looking through your entry and noticed the ones you made. I'd forgotten about those. Nice work.