• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tientsin - Fort Bayard : a Chinese Special Administrative Region

Started by nova vesfalo, December 06, 2007, 06:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikatchoum

Nice pics and interesting newspapers. Attention aux fautes de français ceci dit :).

I like the transportation map some pages ago.

Simpson

Nice update my friend, the pictures are looking super  &apls
I'm looking forward to the next ;)
Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

nova vesfalo

art128 , Emperor Stormont [/b,kbieniu7 ],Simpson : thankyou !

Sciurus Yep, lil' problem with photoshop' layers... and for the french text, well it's a very smart text, just here for illustrative purpose.
Pikatchoum Thanks, yeah, not good at french :)

Independant Cup continues, the 8 boats are now east of vietnamese coasts.

paroch

Great pictures and great graphics there Vesfalo.  You're doing a great job with the IPON Independant Sailing Cup  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Very nice pic :thumbsup:
But you come from Kiribati? Or you're french? ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

this is a great pic there my friend, as Paul said, You're doing a great job with the IPON Independant Sailing Cup  &apls &apls

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nova vesfalo

thanks folks ! Well , let's have a break from Independant Cup , History break !!!

First a region shot, as you can see Tientsin is growing fast :)

1-What Historians call Tientsin Dynastic Period started around 120 BC. A Engraved stone had been found in a temple in Sainte Genevieve. On the " Temple Stone" is written the priest of Hau (候), who describe himself as King of Tientsin.
From 120 BC from XVIth century AD, not much happened; usal things, conquests, things like that, you can picture :)
The reign of Li Hongzhang (李鴻章) starded the real growth of Tientsin Kingdom. Tientsin Castle was built, the City Walls as well, and some summer castle.
In 1589, Tientsin Dinasty acorded the right of setlement to the Compagny of Jesus. 50 years latter, Kangxi (康熙), son of Li Hongzhang became christian. He will not be followed by his sons, but a certain tolerance has been instaured in Tientsin. At the begining of the XVIIth century about an half of Tientsin Population was Catholic.
In 1640, Portugal Kingdom signed a land leased with Tientsin for  a liltle island as well as a trading post in Tientsin Harbour.

2-Due to a sucession problem, Tientsin fall into civil wars. Although, the civil war ened in 1662,this resulted of the weakness of Tientsin's army against China.
In 1670, The Ming Dinasty declated war against Tientsin. On April 1671, , last of king of Tientsin, has been sent to jail in Beijing. The kingdom became a vasal of China, and a new Dinasty coming from Beijin. This new Dinasty will act more governor that king. During this period, Tientsin wasn't a secure city with many riots and crime. The Tientsin people tried hard to gain their freedom back.
The Portugal trading post lease was transfered to the Ming Dinasty and  extended in 1720 to Saõ Cristofao, Ilha Grande and Wo Shau Island.

1- In 1820, Tientsin was incorporated to Imperial China, causing riots. With the restoration of the Company of Jesus in 1810, a French Jesuits Hipolythe de Couet was sent to a mission in China. He heard of the situation of Tientsin. Hipolythe tries to make France intervene in the conflict, but the french political instability didn't help his aim and no other european countries wanted to intervene. His dream was to create a Chinese Catholic State.
He begged the French Monarchy for help, with no respond.

2-In 1840,The recently created July Monarchy, searching a "fait d'armes" to proof its legitimity try to convince China to sell Tientsin to France.Because of the nightmarish positions of Chinese Representants and the un-strategic position of Tientsin, China accepted to sell Tientsin Island, where most of the Catholics resided, but keep the control over Tientsin Mainland. With the Convention of Tientsin, the Duchee of Fort Bayart is created.

1-1889, After the boxer war, the Convention for the Extension of Tientsin Territory was signed in Beijing.
2- 1909, French-Portugal Joint Declaration signed in Paris transfered the souvereignty of Saõ Francesco to France.

Sciurus

Wow, just impressive map and history! :shocked2:
But you didn't answer me! ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

CarmineHilton

You know I've always been a fan of your CJ's! ;)
The logo's, the maps, the cities... You have it all!

Great work, I'm in awe! =)

xo

bokrif

The Independant Cup updates are superb! Love them very much.
The history update is great too. Nicely done.

bat

Nice work on that historical update there! And wonderful graphics and pictures of the indepant cup!! :thumbsup:

ElPodol

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas