• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Oh, dear . . . . . . . best wishes to the whole family, David.  Cancer's terrible, and no one should have to go through that - especially not a 14-month-old kid.  :(

Nardo69

David, best wishes and all my thoughts are with you and your grand son. Having had a terrible January with my newborn son in the hospital all the time in the intensive care because of a severe flu and discovering he has a heart disease that might require a surgery, too, I do know how such a diagnosis feels ...

I do wish that the answer you get are the answer you are longing to get ...

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

CaptCity

Such sad news... Hope that all news is good news and the focus can stay positive. Best wishes go out to you and yours...

FrankU

Hi David,

I hoped we could celebrate page number 500, but this is surely bad news.
My own son is just a bit older than Aidan is and my heart aches when I think of what his parents and you are going through at the moment. Let's hope the surgery will go OK and that he will survive!
I'll surely think of your family and you little cute boy.

north country dude

I am saddened to hear about this. My heartfelt hopes, prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

mattb325

Hi David,

News of little ones suffering any sort of serious illness is always gut-wrenching; my thoughts are with you and your family at this time and I hope your grandson has a full and speedy recovery.

meinhosen

David,
Hope all goes well with Aidan's surgery.  My prayers go with him and his family.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

jmyers2043

Hey David.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish the best outcome.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ldvger

David-

So sorry to read about your grandson, must be heart-breaking for all members of your family.  My thoughts will be with you all in the coming week and I'll be sending positive energy towards Aidan.

Lora/LD

mayorfabz

Jeeze that's not fair. My thoughts are with you and your family. I keep my fingers crossed for the success of that surgery.

Best regards,

Fabien

dedgren

Aidan's surgery has been postponed a week- he has the flu.  Thank you to all who have commented, emailed and PM'd with your thoughts- you make this community a special place.

So I doodled a bit today, throwing a bunch of seasonal stuff into a mini-3RR landscape.

Winter is still the hardest thing to get right.  I can see that I need to add an "invisible" phase to Gizmo's underwater flora, but the "green in summer, brown in fall" bit, along with the same changes for the cattails, works pretty well, eh?

Here, by the way, is a must have.

The railroad tracks show off a tiny peek at the new Railway Upgrade Mod textures by Ron (rivit).  These can be downloaded over at the STEX [linkie] and it is well worth the trip if you are a railfan.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Haljackey

Wow, looks very nice David! Neat GIF and those new rail textures are very realistic!

Hope all goes well for you and your family.
-Ryan

Lowkee33

I'm testing out an idea for seasonal snow plop.  The model is near 4m off the ground, so it covers up most small/non-seasonal flora in the winter.  I am no good at batting, but it seems the main thing is to match the snowy terrain texture anyway.  The model I have is about 2 tiles square, but I'm thinking a precision snow plop might do well against those shadows... 

Ooo.  Just saw the blue flowers... Cp Vol 01 and ChrisAdam's pastures, gotta love em.

Best of wishes for your Grandson.

Carl

Orange_o_

hello david, long time ago that I did not come see you, and it is with great sadness that I discovered the disease of your grand-son.

To get through there is little time waiting for a long analysis, I understand how stressful it is and your absence is all natural.

Me, SC4 allowed me to escape and avoid going crazy during all that time.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

tvisker

Hi David,
I was lurking all those years, but niw I have to reply. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandson.  I hope everything works out well.  My thoughts are with you and your family.
Tony

vester

Sorry to hear about your grandson.
My best of wishes for him.

In short on the seasonal stuff:  WOW

dedgren

Working with Ron's (rivit) rail textures has really gotten me in the mood...

...but there isn't any such thing as three track rail...

No, not today there isn't.  But that's today.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Very sorry to hear about your grandson and I wish you and your family all the best.

I hope your work with SC4 is helping you--I know it brightens many of our days at least. I've really enjoyed Rivit's new rail mod as well and suspected I saw it in your post prior to this one ;)

Nexis4Jersey

Ah finally 3 Tracks so i can recreate the Railways near my house is it possible that you can make 4 tracks so i could recreate the Northeast Corridor?    Ive enjoyed Rivit's Mod , its made playing SC4 more realistic and fun again.. :P

ldvger

David-

So glad to know you have discovered/befriended Rivit, he's been an indefatigable ally of mine in my various forays into creating custom content for my MD's.  Maybe the two of you could create a mind meld and finally resolve the problem of transitioning PW to GW?  He and I worked on it for a couple of weeks last year (or maybe it was the year before?) and got close with a muddy beach and muddy PW, but I think it's going to essentially have to combination of both a yet-to-be discovered technique as well as custom water plops.  

I hope Aidan is getting through his bout of flu without too much trouble and conserving his strength for his upcoming surgery.  In the nature of sharing good news, I had a friend go though a similar surgery at the age of 22 and while she lost a great deal of her memory and life-long learning in the immediate aftermath, after intense post-op rehab she regained it all and has now graduated from UW.  The surgery set her back 2 years in her life plan, but she made a full recovery.  Due to Aidan's youth, he is very likely to recover equally well, so long as the tumor is indeed removeable.  So hard to watch one so small and vulnerable face such a tremendous challenge...my heartfelt prayers will be with you all.

Lora/LD