• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Program Window not opening

Started by amalek, May 03, 2008, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amalek

Hello all,

I am running a HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop with more than enough in the system reqs area, aside from maybe the graphics card (ATi Radeon x300 32mb RAM). Either way, this has nothing to do with the graphics because the program window doesn't even open.

What happens is, I install the game, and then I try to run it, and it gets to the opening splash screen with the car-laden bridge. Then, nothing. The splash screen window just hangs and nothing ever opens. It exists in my process tree, but not in my application tree under task manager. I also noticed that the SimCity 4 folder that is supposed to be created under My Documents doesn't appear - is that supposed to happen after the first time the program runs, or should it have installed with the game? That may be a symptom of the underlying cause. I've been crawling the Internet for a few hours now to no avail, so here's my post.

Thanks for any help

Pat

Hey there amalek welcome to devotions and far as I can tell if you are only running 32mb ram is that correct?  that is possiblty being your problem as SC4 requires at least 512mb of RAM....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

I think the 32mb RAM is what is attached to his graphics card.

amalek

Thanks for the posts.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I'm thinking that since the splash screen of any game is usually the cd check or something like it, I'm going to try out a nocd crack and see what happens.

Pat

Im sowwies I miss read what the specs where whoopsie... My bad...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie