• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

gizmos new night and day mod

Started by jacqulina, September 08, 2007, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

The only problem that I have incurred with the mod is that the cones for the streetlights are extremly dim...Gizmo is aware of this and said he was going to look into it.

This is from a post on Simtropolis forum
[q]Originally posted by: gizmo28 Wow, I don't think I can outdo my self with another mod. I didn't think it would look so good with all the custom stuff that was out, becuase I don't play the game at all, except to check how mods work with the default stuff. There are a few things that I see I missed which I'll be fixing shortly dealing with lamp posts, I missed making new light cones for some lamp posts, because I forgot to check the EP.dat file.[/q]

Pat

WoW stunning pic sithlord and thank you for the update....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

LoneRanger

RippleJett: it's absolutly perfect for my tast now, thanks!  :thumbsup:
I can realy enoy the sun comming up and lights going down now. ()stsfd()

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

praiodan

Wowie. Although I hardly ever turn the night modus on, I must say this mod is superb...

This is just so cool, a small comparison

with the mod

without

:o :o :o :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Ah, I forgot to mention this will actually mean slightly less work for me when I photoshop my night images so they look more realistic. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

skram

gizmo28

Just stopped in to see what everyone thinks of the mod, been seeing lots of nice screenshot's posted around, hope you all like the mod.

callagrafx

Quote from: gizmo28 on October 12, 2007, 01:11:29 AM
Just stopped in to see what everyone thinks of the mod, been seeing lots of nice screenshot's posted around, hope you all like the mod.

What do we think?  We think it's superb.  Makes nightlighting a building much more rewarding.  Can you give us 3DS Max people an RGB value that we can use to simulate the night for preview purposes?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

gizmo28

Quote from: callagrafx on October 12, 2007, 01:21:53 AM
What do we think?  We think it's superb.  Makes nightlighting a building much more rewarding.  Can you give us 3DS Max people an RGB value that we can use to simulate the night for preview purposes?

Yep, I can. The final night color in the cycle is: R=41, G=41, B=59. Please take note the game might fudge that value a bit, not by much though, it was originally 0,0,0, but the exe must do something weird for light cones, cause no matter how much less transparent I made the light cones, they would never get bright enough, which was why I changed to the RGB value above.

RippleJet

Good to see you here, Gizmo! :)
And thank you for a great mod (in addition to all other great ones you've made earlier)! :thumbsup:

callagrafx

QuoteThe final night color in the cycle is: R=41, G=41, B=59. Please take note the game might fudge that value a bit, not by much though

Perfect!  Thanks for this and thanks again for a great MOD  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

heinrick123

I registered on Gizmo's site but I can't recieve an activation email even though my Email address is correct, and I pressed the resend button so many times. I desperately need this mod. Help me out of here!

kassarc16

RippleJet, does your mod enhance gizmo's, or should it be used by itself?

gizmo, by the way, AWESOME! I had some doubts if I wanted to use the mod when you first released it, but after seeing the shots in this thread, it's a must have!

RippleJet

Quote from: kassarc16 on April 13, 2008, 04:17:55 AM
RippleJet, does your mod enhance gizmo's, or should it be used by itself?

It enhances Gizmo's mod by keeping the lights on till dawn at 7 am.

It wouldn't really make sense using it without Gizmo's mod.
In that case daybreak would still be at 3 am, but the lights would stay on for another 4 hours.

RippleJet

The Longer Night Lights Mod is now available on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1603

I've also uploaded the Brighter $$$ Street Lights Mod:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1604

Both these mods enhance the night lights when using Gizmo's Day-Night Mode v2.0. :thumbsup:

gizmo28

I've been very sick lately (please don't ask as its personal), and haven't had much time to do any modding, I have another version of the mod almost done, and if its ok RippleJet im going include the addons you made into it. I actually did change lighting time, but yours I like better. Also anyone who doesn't get a activation email at my site, please be patient as I manually activate account every few days, I'm to tired to get up on some days to do anything due to be sick.

RippleJet

Quote from: gizmo28 on May 01, 2008, 02:14:30 PM
I have another version of the mod almost done, and if its ok RippleJet im going include the addons you made into it. I actually did change lighting time, but yours I like better.

Please, feel free to include it in your mod! :thumbsup:

Pat

gizmo that sucks man, I do hope you are getting better and I will be praying for you!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

Yes Gizmos night mod is a very good mod
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas