• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

gizmos new night and day mod

Started by jacqulina, September 08, 2007, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

Gizmo, I've always been a fan of your stuff.  It's really made the game much more enjoyable to play.

Whatever's ailing you, I hope you feel better soon.

pilotdaryl

I noticed some CJs had darker nights than others, so I started to photoshop my night pics to make them look darker.  I wasn't aware at all they were using this great mod. ;D  Thanks!

ExiLe

...coming soon

gizmo28

Hi everyone, I'm back and gonna start working on mods again. I know this thread is old but, didn't want to start a new one. I'm gonna work on this mod again starting with the few changes that were made by Ripplejet. I see quite a few complaints around here and other places about it being to dark, so I'm gonna ask here what you guys think, should I leave it as is or make it a lighter, or make a separate lighter version? The lights are dim on cars and poles due to models, I was working on them before I got sick, then lost them all. I will have to start over on that part, which means I need to make all the lightcone models over, which I'm not looking forward to, but I guess that will be easy though, compared to the installing and setting up 4 of gigs worth of plugins I just did. :)

threestooges

Excellent to see you back around here. I take it you are feeling better? As far as your night mod goes, it is certainly realistic compared to the bluish glow that comes from the game nights and is a great addition to the game. It does tend to obscure the details of pics when it is used, especially if there is no light. See: this pic by Masochist for an example. The lights in the pic look amazing, but the roads are very hard to see. I'm not sure how easy/possible it would be, but if it is possible to maintain such a darkness while remaining light enough to see roads and things, I think it would be great.

sithlrd98

I'm also glad to see you around ! As far as your mod , I still love it!!! I'm not sure what can be done about some of the lights but the redone cones by Tage look great with your mod!

jmdude1

i also wonder if the monitor quality is a factor as well. ive posted some night pics (with gizmos amazing mod) and a lot of people couldnt see them. and ripplejet said his analog monitor didnt show it very well but his digital monitor did. also, im sure resizing the pics doesnt help either. myself, i have an lcd monitor so it looks great to me as is. its good to hear that youre back.

gizmo28

Quote from: sithlrd98 on September 01, 2008, 12:00:30 AM
I'm also glad to see you around ! As far as your mod , I still love it!!! I'm not sure what can be done about some of the lights but the redone cones by Tage look great with your mod!

Where can I find those light cones?

sithlrd98

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dragonshardz

Good to hear you're back Giz, let's hope that RLS doesn't hit as hard as it did the next time it hits you.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Gaston

Welcome back Gizmo.   Glad you are feeling a bit better.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

RippleJet

Gizmo, I'm glad to see you again! :thumbsup:

Quote from: gizmo28 on September 01, 2008, 12:13:08 AM
Where can I find those light cones?

Thanks sithlrd98 for providing the links to LEX. ;)
That mod emerged from this Request: No more $$$ streetlights.
I merely replaced the §§§ lightbulbs with the smallest available Maxis lightcones.

Quote from: jmdude1 on September 01, 2008, 12:04:32 AM
i also wonder if the monitor quality is a factor as well. ive posted some night pics (with gizmos amazing mod) and a lot of people couldnt see them. and ripplejet said his analog monitor didnt show it very well but his digital monitor did. also, im sure resizing the pics doesnt help either. myself, i have an lcd monitor so it looks great to me as is. its good to hear that youre back.

That is definitely the case.
On an analog monitor I've always had difficulty seeing anything at all of pictures taken with your mod being used...
On a digital monitor your mod is just perfect, though!

If you make a brighter version, you might want to include a recommendation to use that one instead of the darker one on analog monitors!

/Tage

gizmo28

Thnx for those links, and the welcome backs.

Panda_Power

Hello!

I'm sorry to revive such an old thread, but I haven't received an activation email from the Sim City 4 Mods website....been about 24 hours....and looking at the site it doesn't appear to be active anymore!

I really want Gizmo's Day/Night Mod v2.0 (or the latest version) and I can't find it anywhere else.

Does anyone have it that could send it to me? I'm sure it's just a small file. I've spent ages on my game installing the CAM collection and getting the nightlights to work, but I'm not too keen on the in-game day/night cycle and I'd really like to keep the cycle running all the time.

Thanks in advance!

**Update**
Someone recommended the SimFox Day 'n' Night Mod instead and it works great! Thank you!
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=23089

callagrafx

Two things...

1) Check your spam folder

2) Never ask for people to redistribute other members work...

Glad you found a solution.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it