• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT expansions for NAM's Underground Rail

Started by ebina, September 27, 2007, 05:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Have you had a chance to consider my requests?  If you're still not interested in doing this, would you consider allowing access to your work as it is, so that other interested people could finish it up and make use of it?  I'm especially interested in the single underground-rail-to-subway piece, as it opens up a whole new level of possibility for inter-city transportation.  And your work looks so good - it would really be a shame to let it all go to waste.

ebina

At least, as I'm not interested in this, I won't continue. If someone offered to continue and finish this project, I'll send half of beta3 to him/her.

Why I said "half of beta3" is this. I was creating the lots for Ped Mall/U-Rail tiles(trains, subways and trains + subways), which haven't been finished yet. I can't send these lots.

Fatsuhono

I see, so there will something like subway station for the Underground Rail? It looks great!  :thumbsup:

z

Quote from: ebina on August 04, 2008, 05:02:25 AM
At least, as I'm not interested in this, I won't continue. If someone offered to continue and finish this project, I'll send half of beta3 to him/her.
I can certainly understand if you just don't want to work on this any more.  And I appreciate your generosity in offering to let someone else continue your work.  So, I would like to volunteer to do it, as I have a great interest in seeing these stations finished and made available.  I have 25 years of experience as a professional software engineer, so I can guarantee that your work will be handled well.  And as you have already taken this project to the Beta 3 stage, all credit for it would go to you; however, since I would be taking it into production, I would take responsibility for all errors, regardless of their source.

I notice that you communicated a bit with cogeo about your stations; since he is the master of RTMT stations, I would plan to do the same.

If this is acceptable to you, please send me the part of Beta 3 that is available.  If you could inform me of any problems that are known to remain, that would be very helpful.  Also, I didn't completely understand your statement about the ped mall lots.  I understand that yours aren't finished, but if there's anything there that you would be willing to send, I would find it very helpful.  Otherwise, I'll just create my own.

Thanks again for being willing to have your project be continued.  I'm sure that many people will be happy to see the final result.

ebina

@z: Thanks for offering to continue the project. I have repackaged beta3 without the lots for Ped Mall/U-Rail puzzle pieces. I call it beta2a.
Files are here. http://www.savefile.com/files/1716979
For other members interested in this download: I don't recommend to use this version. If you want to try beta2a, you should use it only for experiment purpose.

There was no big update for the U-Rail RTMT lots I was planning to include in beta3. I just fixed a minor error. As filenames are similar to RTMTV3, you'd be able to figure out which file does what. But if you need to know something, please let me know.

What need to be changed are at least capacity files. They need to be updated for the new simulators. Old files can be recycled for simulator C, if you take the same formula as mine. But it would be better to recalculate capacity after all.

My version's capacity was calculated in this formula.
1.5(Road + Rail) + Pedestrians + catalog capacity
However I haven't yet figured out exact capacity of U-Rail. Double-decker puzzle pieces seem to be handled as intersection. RUL coding and behavior of game look like that. Thus capacity of U-Rail's one tile would be same as level crossings. If you could get exact capacity of level crossings, it may be better to use that value instead of Road + Rail.

Second, this might be not necessarily needed. I haven't yet got a report from Mac version players about stability of 1x1 closed TE lot. You may need to create a version for Mac version players that replaces 1x1 lots with 2x1 lots. And that version should disable some 1x1 lots which are available in both 1x1 and 2x1.

z

Thanks for your willingness to let others continue your work.  I plan to start working on this shortly, as soon as I get some more pressing business out of the way.  In the mean time, if there are others who are interested in helping me, please let me know.  People with expert experience in this area are especially welcome.

z

This project has been taken over by the RTMT Team, and will be available in the next release of RTMT (v3.70).