• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Republic of Goverland (Update 06.03.15)

Started by Piterdaw1, November 26, 2011, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

RickD

Very nice. The station looks great with the park in front.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Piterdaw1

Rick, Swordmaster: Thanks for comments :)

Hello!
I'm back and I have some rural photos for You. Do you want to watch it? Constructive criticism is welcome!

1. North - eastern suburbs of capital city - Sheford

2. There are some farms and fields, but it's still Sheford.

3. Nørresundby and Svavelsjö little villages near Sheford.

4. Svavelsjö, gas station is a meeting place of citizens.

5. But... What is it? Warehouse between fields?

6. It's a seat of Svavelsjö MC - local motorcycle gang.

7. These houses are part of Svavelsjö.

Greetings from Poland!

Schulmanator

Nice to see you back with some very nice rural pictures for us. :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

RepublicMaster

Piterdaw1

Hi!
Today, I want to show some new pics from northern part of Sheford city centre. Constructive criticism is welcome!

1. Sheford University of Technology.

2. University Hospital and campus of Sheford University.

3. Sheford University.

4. Estate from 30's, northern end of midtown.

5. Overwiev.

6. Little bonus. Skanstul district and estates from 90's.

Kergelen

Nice town!

I like the green areas with scattered residential buildings. Very Polish. Great work on the rural scenes also &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Schulmanator

Great town. I like the blend of styles. They work together well.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Swordmaster

I agree with Kergelen. Looks very particular. Nice job.

Cheers
Willy

Piterdaw1

Thank you all for comments! I'm glad that You like my villages and countryside. For now I'm working on large update from northern suburbs of Sheford, but it is still in the preparation, so for today I have got for You something other. Ladies and Gentlemen... Port Andrews!

Port Andrews is second largest city in Goverland, with Sheford it creates Central Metropolitan Area - the largest urbanized area in whole Goverland. City is important industrial and transit centre. Here works Port Andrews International Seaport, which is one of the main seaports in Scandinavia. Port Andrews is located by Gotava (the largest river in Goverland). Part of city centre is situated on St. Barbara Island. More here:  http://aoin.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Port_Andrews.

1. Overview for Gotava and tenements situated by the river. On the right - St. Barbara's Island with Port Andrews International Seaport, on the left - mainland with East Marina.

2. Milleniumbron connects St. Barbara's Island with mainland. It's very important way for trucks, which are following from seaport to western parts of Goverland or vice versa. However main mean of transport of goods in Goverland are trains. On the right You can see CHP "Lower Gotava".

3. Port Andrews International Seaport. On the photo You can see: container terminal, mass wares terminal and little part of oil terminal. More here:
http://aoin.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Goverland#Shipping

4. As I said trains are major mean of transport in seaport. Modern freight station was built in 60's and modernized in 2008. On the photo You can see also warehouses of international cruise companies like Maersk Sealand, Gartner Logistisc, Hapag-Lloyd and P&O Nedlloyd.

5. Like Milleniumbron is main way for trucks, Central Tunel, built in 1952, is very important for trains which are delivering goods to Sheford, north Port Andrews and other parts of central and east Goverland.

6. As I said Port Andrews is very important transit centre. In whole city works many freight and container station like this, located on St. Barbara's Island, on edge of city centre. In tenements near stations and seaport lives on the whole poor people: Arabian imigrants, port workers, unemployed etc. For this reason island at night became very dangerous place when cars are burned and shops destroyed. Only in this year 34 cars was burned on island, 18 shops destroyed and 8 people murdered.

7. Another freight stations and factories. It's typical photo of streets of St. Barbara's Island. These stations and factories are located in rapidly growing industrial zone by railways in central part of island.

8. We are leaving island. Port Andrews hasn't large financial district like Sheford. Financial centre in city are offices located by Horagatan, near Milleniumbron. On the picture You can see skyscrapers of Seaborne Trade Federation (higher) and Port Andrews Maritime University (black, on the right).

9. Times Square is major place in Port Andrews. Located by main avenue of city - Horagatan is very popular tourist attraction. In old Winter Palace, today is located town hall.

10. Cathedral of Our Lady of the Sea is very important place of worship for catholics and famous tourist attraction. In the background You can see typical tenements, which are very popular in city.

11. West Marina and Alexander Torget. On the right You can see part of "Victoria" Hotel (****), very popular among tourist, possibly due to beautiful view for  Andrews Bay. Before 1841 here was located Old Town and seaport, but during Great Fire everything has burned.

12. View for Roijal Torget and Roijalgatan - the most representative street in the city. Prices of apartment in this area are very high. (between 600,000 and 2,000,000 Nordic Pounds). Here tourist could meet famous actors, politics, businessmen etc.

13. We are still on Roijalgatan. In western part is located National Theatre. It's very important landmark and popular tourist attraction. First theatre in this place was built in XVI century, but burned during great fire. National Theatre was rebuilt in 1805 in classicism style.

14. Sergels Torg is another popular place - tourist attraction in the city. Place is located by the coast and offers beautiful view for the Andrews Bay. On the place is located St. Mark's church, which was built in 1901 on the place of church, which burned during Great Fire.

15. When I have built Ostplatse I was inspired by Ko¶ciuszko Place in Wroc³aw. Do You think they are similiar?
https://maps.google.pl/?ll=51.103032,17.030885&spn=0.002434,0.005284&t=h&z=18

16. Central Marina in Port Andrews is the largest marina in Goverland. It starts on the edge of city centre and ends on the western suburbs of city.

17. Overview with marked places, where I made a photos on St. Barbara's Island...

feyss

I really like your pictures. Your cities look well organised.  :thumbsup:

benedict

Great to see you back with such a stunning update.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

Dantes

Very impressive.  &apls &apls I like the modern industrial area to the quay, which has a beautiful style and looks very harmonious.  :o

Piterdaw1

Hi guys! Thanks for all comments. Finally I've got something for you. I'd like to present Sheford - Freiburg Interantional Airport and neighborhood. Airport wasn't created by me, but by kbieniu7, creator of Kolbrów. I did only some corrections. However neighborhood of airport is my own creation. Sheford - Freiburg International Airport is situated east of the city by motorway M3. For now it is only airport in Goverland. But maybe it will change itself soon.

1. Nearby airport is located train station - third largest in Sheford. On the photo you can see also an orchard situated very close by airport fence and some hangars.

2. Main terminal. More about aviation in Goverland here: http://aoin.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Goverland#Aviation.

3. Second part of main terminal with Boeings 767.

4. End of runway and some fields.

5. Do you know what is name of this village? Well... it's not a village - it is still Sheford ;)

For now it's everything. I haven't finished neighborhood of airport yet, but when I do it, I will show more photos of airport, Sheforder suburs and Freiburg - city located east of airport.

Gugu3

Nicely done!like the fields around the airport &apls

RickD

I agree, the runway surrounded by the fields is looking great.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Nice work on the airport and its surroundings. Also an excellent work on the previous updates!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Love this MD, great work all around!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Great shots of that airfield. Almost literally, "airfield" :D

Cheers
Willy