• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weixc812

Congrats on OSITM
This style is quite unique  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM! 

The mosaic looks lovely, the alignment issues are hardly noticable. 

rooker1

Congrats on getting into the OSITM!! And great first update!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

carlfatal

Congratulation on the OSITM, my friend!
Good to see Your RP here, and i like the new pictures. I see, You have Your own sidewalk now, looks good.  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Flatron

@all: Thank you very much :)
Special Update n°1
Update 12 OSITM.2

Sveriges Nationaldagen/ svenska flaggans dag-swedish national day/ Day of the swedish flag

celebration in Säter, a town in Söderland that we'll visit later on :)

Today, the swedish celebrate the election of King Gustav Vasa in 1523, as this is considered the foundation of modern Sweden. The 6th of june in 1523 marks the end of the danish ruled Kalmar Union and thus the indepedance of sweden.

People celebraing in Stockholms Kungsträdgården

Nowadays people often eat Smörgåstårta, a kind of sandwich-cake (looks tasty, doesn't it? ;D)

Until 2005, there was no real celebration of the national day as it was no workfree holiday. btw: one of the arguments for the holiday was to give immigrants a chance to celebrate their new citizenship :)

[image and text source: wikipedia]

riiga

Fantastic MD, Flatron! I think it captures Scandinavia quite well, and I'd really like a close look on Jönköping, especially the villa/row house areas. Too bad we don't have any standardized greeting for the national day, but I wish you all a great 6th of June.  :)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where may I find the houses in this update? They'd fit my Swedish region perfectly!

Flatron

@riiga: If you mean the wooden ones, i made them myself and you can find them on the stex, just type in swedish houses
(there may be a few errors sadly :( )
The suburbs of Jönköping are quite hmm... boring I think but I guess I can show them off.

kelis

I like so much your MD my friend, you've got a unique style building a city and I like it. This last update, the mix with Real pictures with Game pictures looks so good. The Square with all those flags and people is fantastic, Great job !!

PD: Congratulations for the deserved OSITM

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

riiga

Quote from: Flatron on June 06, 2012, 11:56:01 AM
@riiga: If you mean the wooden ones, i made them myself and you can find them on the stex, just type in swedish houses
(there may be a few errors sadly :( )
The suburbs of Jönköping are quite hmm... boring I think but I guess I can show them off.
Thank you! The suburbs I were referring to are the green-grey single home ones to the north east in this pic:

Flatron

@kelis: Thank you very much, I like yours, too, but I mostly lurk because one can't always write things like "awsome" or "brilliant" ;D
@riiga: OK, parts of them don't exist anymore, but I can show you the rest I guess. btw. There are also nicer suburbs in Jönköping.  :)
But tomorrow as I'm gonna watch "How I met your Mother" now

noahclem

Brilliant job on the last couple updates  &apls

The river looks especially great the way it goes through your city. Beaches, churches, and buildings are all very well selected and created. Also, lovely update for Sveriges Nationaldagen! I was actually in Sweden on the 6th, driving from Karesuando to Pello (not good roads that far north :/ ) and I wondered why there were so many Swedish flags! Unfortunately no Smörgåstårta for me  $%Grinno$%

Flatron

@all: Thank you!
Next up will be next weekend!

Flatron

If sweden would have got into the quarter final, I would have done some football related update, but now we'll visit Forsnäs, an industrial town with lots of "commieblocks":
Update 13 OSITM.3

13.1 The roundabout...

13.2 The city centre, Forsnäs Centrum

13.3 There is a tennis court at the estate, too(but as they forgot to build nets around it, the ball fetchers have quite a hard job ;D)

13.4 just a little traffic jam in the morning :)

I hope you liked the third chapter of my OSITM :)

noahclem

Looks great  &apls  I always love commie blocks (well, not so much in real life, but they're nice in SC4). Great choice of BATs  :thumbsup:  if you want to give your tennis ball-catchers a break you could try the NUTs tennis courts on the LEX  ;D

Looking forward to more

carlfatal

Great update again, i like the commieblocks and especially the city center! Wow, well done!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

riiga

Great update, and I can spot some use of my asphalt paths which are of course modeled after their real life counterparts here in Sweden.  :)
The only thing missing would be parking lots, which there are quite a few of in commie block areas and near a typical suburb/city center.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Kergelen

GNice work on this area. Like the blocks with the trees around :)

Links to SC4 websites

Flatron

@all: Thank you very much for your comments. I don't love the blocks aswell, but the ones from the 20ties, as these ones are, are still nicer than the ones from the 60ties and 70ties....
@riiga: The only thing I don't like about sweden is the massive use of parking lots ;), but I have now added some :)

Update 14 OSITM.4
Today we return to Jönköpings hirise district, that has grown over time and is positively influenced by the presence of the local airport...

14.1 The new and modern business centre sets a contrast to turn-of-the-century-buildings across the street.

14.2 In the front you can see the headquarters of Hanseatisk-Söderlandiska BankensCompagnie (HSBC) and in the right half, you see the twin-towers of smörjfett-lambda, a famous paper producer ;D

14.3 The green organic building is home to Jönköpingskuriren, a politically influential newspaper in Söderland.

I hope you liked it and have nice rest of the weekend..

riiga