• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatron

@all: thank you very much for your comments! :)
@Swesim: it's interesting how they changed all the names to fit the german pronunciation: Saltkråkan is spelt Saltkrokan, Bullerbyn -> Bullerbü and Bråkmakargatan is called Krachmacherstraße...
Update  to be expected tonight or tomorrow (it's 11:45 at the moment and I'm gonna go swimming and playing beach volleyball in the afternoon ;D )

rooker1

Congrats for making it into The Best Sellers section.

From The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

Flatron

Update17:Jönköping, divers pictures of diverse locations :)

17.1 Promenaden, a seaside where you can find old men playing boccia :)

17.2 a generic Block in a wip-Part of Town, that will once be known for it's high rents ;D

17.3 The most expensive departmentstore in Söderland  is Östers Varuhuset, where the cheapest item to buy is a cookie for 40 kronor(about 5€ )... ;D Some people go there and buy such a cookie, get a plastic bag of the ÖVH and are then proud of having one of them...

Flatron

@all the lurkers: Thanks for visiting, please leave comments in the future ;)
Update18:Jönköping METRO
As Jönköping is a very prosperous city, it was soon (1930) decided that busses are not big-city-like enough and that a subway system had to be built to have a status symbol :) . Some stretches were built as regular tram by then as they didn't have the technology to build  underwater tunnels by then. The newest line is röda linjen that connects the old town with the airport in the south of town and was built in the eighties.

Thanks vor visiting and now: Start commenting world! ;D

art128

Nice work on the last update, really well done. I like the way you have made your city.

you just need to get ride of the palms along the street.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

riiga

Great update!  :thumbsup:

As a token of my appreciation for your MD, let me offer this slightly reworked version of your metro map:

It's all yours!  :)

Flatron

:thumbsup:Wow, Thank you very much riiga! I'm impressed :)
How will I ever be able to thank you in an apropriate way? This looks much more like a real life transit map than my bland version...
@art: Thank you! ;D'
I'll be on holiday the next two weeks and then school will start again(my last year (*wooohoo*) before university) and I'll have to finish a paper, do massive english homeworks (my teacher is a fan of essays) and hope to reach the mark that is required for studying pharmacy(currently 1.3 while medicine requires 1.0 (on a scale where 1(or 0.8 for people that don't own a life ;D) is best and 6 is worst))

benedict

I like your MD a lot - congratulations on being a Bestseller! I also like your transit map, and Riiga's reworking of it. I have a little bit of an obsession with transit maps, particularly those with circle lines. I'm also fascinated with different interpretations of the same system.

Here's my version of your system with the circle line drawn as a geometric circle.

Ben
Click on the banner to celebrate!

RickD

Congrats on Bestsellers. You deserve it.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Flatron

@Ben: Thanks, but my first thought was that of a target ;D
"ready!...aim!...fire!"
@Rick: Thanks!

benedict

Quote from: Flatron on September 02, 2012, 07:50:13 AM
@Ben: Thanks, but my first thought was that of a target ;D
"ready!...aim!...fire!"

haha!

you need to build a fourth line to improve my map  ;)

Flatron

Update19

~~~~*~~~~**~~~~*~~~~NO COMMENT~~~~*~~~~**~~~~*~~~~

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

riiga

art128

Nice shot! I like how the bridge draw the separation from the industrial harbor with the city waterfront.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great overview picture  &apls  Söderland looks beautiful at night! Nice transit maps also  ;D

tb7

very nice pic!  &apls

What are the diagonals in the middle of the pic just left up the roundabout?

vortext

Gorgeous city!  &apls

I really like how you've created different districts and the mmp detailing is pretty neat as well. Keep it up.  :thumbsup:

@tb7, the diagonals are from Prepo; prop pack, lot pack 1, lot pack 2
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

tb7

benedict

That's a great night view - different from the typical skyscraper lightfest in many MDs.