• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Söderland, a skandinavian region

Started by Flatron, January 02, 2012, 05:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Great work with your last updates. The road along the river looks nice. :thumbsup:

vortext

Nice map though as a tourist unfamiliar with the route and thus what comes next, I'd actually do like to know each stop beforehand! Unless Tourist Services has located 'you are here' maps at each station. Point being I like to read maps. :D The free transit pass makes up for it though, at least I can get lost without worry about zones and stuff.  :satisfied:

Källhäll is a nice little village and reminded me the small houses you used. Gotta look those up too, I know they're somewhere.  ::)

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

agunter999

Look this is a fantastic MD and if Im not mistaken those are BATs I assume are made by you as I have seen them nowhere else before. I would love it if you could carry on with this and maybe release these wonderful buildings. Especially the austrian ones.
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Flatron

Hej Allihopa, Here I am again :)
I'm sorry for not updating in the last few months, but RL kept me busy, first the exams, then holidays ;). Now I was not admitted to med school(not even in austria, but maybe I should have trained more for their admission test... :( ) and will have to spend minimum 6 months at home, doing nothing. OK, I'll do an internship at the local hospital, but yeah... So now I've got time for SC4 again.
Update XXV. Ålesund

This is an overview of the City of Ålesund, located in Norway. As you see, it doesn't have much in common with the real Ålesund, (mostly because there are simply no Jugendstil bats available and I'm a total noob in modelling Ornaments ;) ) The next Updates will focus here.

The mosaic does't work like it should because I took the fotos in the wrong positions, sorry :)

@agunter and vortext: The old swedish houses were a tad overscaled and I didn't like them anymore, so I made new ones, however these are not ready to be released yet, and have some strange habits(Commercials not really growing, etc.)

vortext

If I squint my eyes the mosaic still is very nice!  :D :thumbsup:

Too bad you weren't admitted to med school. On the bright side, plenty of time to practice modelling ornaments!  ;D

Looking forward to the next update!

time flies like a bird

riiga

Sad to hear about med school, but wonderful pictures!  :thumbsup:

agunter999

Hurray, thankyou for this, it is truely spectacular
Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

Flatron

Update 26

26.1 The old town, gamle byen is situated on the eastern face of a hilly island called byø and consist of charming old wooden buildings from various epoches, the oldest having been built in 1323. The church, Domkirken, is much younger though and was only built in 1878 when the old wooden one burnt down on december 24th. because the pastor forgot to blow out the candles after the christmas service.

26.2 Once upon a time, the sund between the islands used to be a crowded harbour with fishermen and merchants and housewifes on the run for the best fish, but nowadays it is used as a marina for the wealthy and the ones who pretend to be (about every second household owns a boat ;)). The wobbly green building houses the architectural collective SVEN, whereas the classy, flat iron shaped house across the port is home to the old and respected sailing club of Ålesund that hosts a great and pompous ball once a year that is even broadcasted on national TV.
----------------------------
answer:
Thanks for your comments. I am pleased to hear that you liked it, even though the mosaic was a bit dysfunctional.

The next update will most propably focus on the suburbs of Ålesund.

RepublicMaster

nbvc

agunter999

art128

Two very nice pictures! Nice hillside work on the first one.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

Glad to see you back with new stuff :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Flatron

Update 27: Ålesund Suburbs
Hei, today we visit Farøyhamn, a former fisherman's village that grew into a suburb of Ålesund and was incorporated in the municipality  Ålesund-Auster in 1984.

27.1 Some the old industrial buildings were transformed to shops and apartments.

27.2 The biggest hotel in town is called Farøy Hotellet and was constructed on the grounds of an old fish factory.

27.3 An overview of the Suburb

27.4 a typical low density area :)

Thanks for your appreciation ;)

riiga

Fantastic! Looks stunningly similar to Norway.  :thumbsup:

vortext

Looks great, nice panorama!  :thumbsup:

Though maybe use some farr pieces to break up the diagonal stretch of rhw. There's still room for it and it would make it more interesting imho.

The sidewalk is awesome btw, is it your own creation?
time flies like a bird

art128

Awesome work on this update. The way you made the low density area is really Norwegian. Looks like when i was in Oslo.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

agunter999

Vortex is right, the sidewalk is out of this world

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

Beautiful town. I do think in the overview it does resemble Alesund a little bit. But I have only seen it from up on a hill. Never actually made it there.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)