• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Why my 'Business community' still asking for airport?

Started by sunnyhead, July 26, 2011, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnyhead

Hi!,
First of all thanks for all the great stuff. Playing SC4 is a pleasure.
I have a properly built airport with custom stuff. a non precision runway and terminal all attached with taxiways and control tower. I have a railway station functioning as well as Avenues and buses all running into the airport. Still I get this popup. The adviser asking to build airport? Strange!! Please let me know if I am missing anything.
Also, the animation planes landing on the runway are very small but the grounded ones are big. Is there any chance to get a big plane animation flying on the city?
I have seen some awesome stuff like plane being towed on taxiway and all that adds a bit more realistic look. Where can I get this?
Please help!!

threestooges

To answer your question about the advisers, the airport notification tends to come when your commercial demand has expanded. It's not a matter of having an airport necessarily, as much as it is having proper capacity.

Much of the custom assembled airport pieces are eye candy: they have little effect on the game (as far as I'm aware), but things like the terminals actually provide the transport demand of the city, which the game reads as the airport itself.

So, if you're getting that message, it means you don't have enough capacity for your city. That either means there is no terminal functioning as an airport as the game reads it, or you need more buildings like that to increase the capacity.

You can ignore the message though, as long as you don't mind a bit of a cap to your commercial demand from it.

As for the custom content, I'd wager some of it is custom lotted, but there are plenty of airport packs out there. Give a look through the threads, and if you see a picture of something you like or are curious about, try asking the person who posted it. They're generally willing to share.

sunnyhead

Thanks Threestooges.
So I will need one of the thing from functioning airport pack. The problem is last time when I installed functioning airports my game CTD may be because I am using PEG seaports and there might be a conflict as when I removed the pack the game started properly. Any suggestion?

Korot

The AC functional Airports includes a Seaport Controller file which doesn't support PEG's seaports. However, PEG's Seaport Controller should load after the one included in the AC Functional Airports, if everything is installed properly, and thus you should get no clashes. Anyway, if you do get problems, which you say you do, you can fix the problem by removing the Seaport Controller from the AC file. It can be found in you Plugins folder under Plugins\X-Ports\Seaports\

Regards,
Korot

sunnyhead

Hi Korot,
Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the seaport file and the it works well.
Also found a link on peg site says the same thing.

Cheers!