• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A frustratingly missing piece...

Started by Javascap, March 05, 2012, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javascap

I have been all the way up and down the airport menu, and have, to the best of my knowledge, installed all the files in the Catalog, but cannot for the love of me find the ramp pieces. I can't find the yellow line on the ramp, the connection to the taxiway, the 1*1 blank ramp piece, or anything similar to that. I can find the diagonal pieces, but I really don't feel like tearing apart an entire airport to make an exclusively diagonal one. What do I need to download to get the pieces I am talking about?

Voltaire

Those ramp pieces are part of RMIP, Volume 2. They should appear in the menu below the dark-concrete taxiway set and above the diagonal ramp lines.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Ramp MML, which hides ramp pieces from RMIP Volume 1-3. Diagonals would still show because they're in Volume 4, which doesn't have a MML.

Has the MML been built, and the city left running for a bit? Pausing the game will stop the MML script from working, it needs to run about a month to work reliably.

Also, make sure the MML set was edited properly - when RMIP Volume 3 is installed, the old MML's need to be deleted (leaving only the new ones). Bulldoze any existing MML lots, then make sure these files are removed from your plugins:
jzo_RMIP2_MMLforTWY.dat
jzo_RMIP2_MMLforRWY.dat
jzo_RMIP2_MMLforRAMP.dat
jzo_RMIP2_MMLforTWY_1-2.dat

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

Javascap

I never installed the MMLs, so I guess that simplifies the problem. I am going to remove 1, 3, and 4 from my plugins and see if I can fish out the pieces I am looking for. If I can't find it, I'll try a new download of volume 2. If that still doesn't work...  ()what()

Javascap

Dunno exactly what happened. I had the RIMP-2 installed in my plugins, loaded up Sim City 4, stripped bare of all the other airport additions, and it wasn't there. I re downloaded it from Simtropolis, and now it is there. Thanks for your help, Voltaire.