• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

God Terraforming in Mayor Mode (GTM)

Started by Jonathan, July 04, 2008, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlfromverona

What a great idea! Downloading now...  :thumbsup:

ebina

I had to edit UI file to display Japanese text in game.

Now UI file loads external LTEXT files. Both updated UI file and Japanese LTEXT are attached to this post.
Replace English_Compact.dat with English_Compact_Loads_External_LTEXT.dat.

TGIs I have assigned for English are...
"Mayor" = 2026960b / 2a592fd1 / 0705ea61
"God" = 2026960b / 2a592fd1 / 0705ea62

If your game is Japanese version, game will display Japanese text automatically by Group ID. Other language versions should display English text unless your languages are available.

EDIT: Have removed attached files.

Jonathan

I had ditched the LTEXT files because the German and Dutch words for Mayor are too long for the UI, so the UI had to be modified anyway, but I guess the LTEXTs allow for more flexibility.

Thanks for doing the Japanese version anyway, did you say the game will automatically decide what LTEXTs to use? Or should an installer be made  to choose which language?

Ennedi

It's an excellent idea Warrior! &apls
I just downloaded your mod and I'm going to check it today, of course there will be a report later  ;D

@ebina, tell me please where to install the Locale file? I can make the Polish version too!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Unassigned

Thank you, Warrior, this will be useful. If you'd like Danish versions of your menus I can do the translation (the Danish word for "mayor" is almost as long as the German one).
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

ebina

Quote from: Warrior on July 06, 2008, 04:28:25 AM
Thanks for doing the Japanese version anyway, did you say the game will automatically decide what LTEXTs to use? Or should an installer be made  to choose which language?
Check this tutorial. - LTEXT - Language Text Files (How to make multilingual buildings and queries)
If you take this way, all language version can be merged into only one .dat, no need to separate file for each language.

Quote from: Ennedi on July 06, 2008, 04:45:24 AM
@ebina, tell me please where to install the Locale file? I can make the Polish version too!
Group ID for Polish version should be 2A592FE1 this time.

Jonathan

The more languages the better, :thumbsup:

If you can translate into another language, can you post translations of "God" and "Mayor"(as in Terraforming Tools) in your post, so that I can see which UI file to use.

Also is there somewhere I can find what languages need which Groups IDs? Answered before I could post!

Thanks for the support, I hope to have a final version before the end of the Weekend which is 8pm GMT for me.

EDIT:There will still need to be some seperate for each language for the UI size.

Diggis

just tried this out... Brilliant!   :thumbsup:

Andreas

Well, if "Bürgermeister" (or similar) is simply too long for the UI, I guess you could use an abbreviated form, i. e. "Bürgerm." for the German translation. I'll have a look at the files myself later, so maybe I'll find a way to fit in the text properly.
Andreas

Jonathan

I just made a longer version of the UI, German and Dutch share the same UI and Japanese and English share the same UI. I'll post pictures in a minute.

EDIT: The German version

Unassigned

Danish:
"Mayor" - Borgmester
"God" - Gud

For the modes, Danish SC4 DeLuxe uses "Borgmestermodus" and "Gudemodus".
(\__/)

Andreas

The shortened version doesn't look too bad either. :)

I guess it's even better to spell out "Bürgermeistermodus" and "Gottmodus" (Mayor Mode, God Mode), but that's obviously depending on your personal taste.

BTW, I noticed that the forest button of the God Mode tools doesn't have a label when you hover with your mouse over it. I'm not sure if this is a quirk of my game, or if it needs fixing in your UI.
Andreas

Jonathan

I prefer the shortened version myself, if there's a shortened Dutch version (I'm guess without the "optie" bit?) that would be great, and it would be much easier for installation.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Warrior on July 06, 2008, 07:34:07 AM
I prefer the shortened version myself, if there's a shortened Dutch version (I'm guess without the "optie" bit?) that would be great, and it would be much easier for installation.

Well, herey you go:

Shortened dutch version:
Mayor Mode - Burgem.(-modus)
God Mode- God(-modus)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Andreas

Quote from: Warrior on July 06, 2008, 07:34:07 AM
And also I'd like to know what you think of the readme, which I'm generally not very good at. (Are translations of the readme needed, I don't know?)

Well, I guess an English readme would be sufficient. If I may upload the mod to our German SimCityKurier, I'd provide a German readme, of course. :)
Andreas

Jonathan

I had asked Caspervg for Mayor/God Terraforming but I guess Mayor/God mode is fine, thanks.

I think this should work, they use the shortened versions.
It needs to be tested on English, German, Dutch, Japanese and Danish games. And also I'd like to know what you think of the readme, which I'm generally not very good at.

I'd also like to have Spanish, Polish and French.

EDIT: Oh when this is finally finished, you can pload it to other sites, but not meaning to sound rude or anything, can I ask you give me some credit?

GTMv2.1 is attached.

Unassigned

Tested on a Danish SC4 DeLuxe purchased this winter/ Danish Win XP Pro.

The mod works fine. The last letter of the Danish word for mayor is not displayed (it seems there is not sufficient space), you could use "Borgm." (including the ".") instead.

I appreciate being mentioned in the readme.
(\__/)

Jonathan

Could you post a picture of the menu, because I may be able to squeeze a bit more room into the text (like 1,2 pixels) so that it appears fully?

Unassigned

The last "r" in "Borgmester" is missing.
(\__/)

MandelSoft

I tried the GTM and it works good. Translations are working.

The readme is O.K.

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE