• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity (2013) Beta?

Started by fafalone, January 17, 2013, 05:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafalone

Anyone have any further information? Has anyone here been chosen? Anyone anywhere yet?

Unfortunately it seems like they're basically doing a public lottery, they don't ask any details about how you might be qualified beyond whether you play games a lot. Of course I signed up anyway. Might have missed it since the game is apparently coming out in less than 2 months.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/beta/info

dragonshardz

Just got the email invite today. Literally can't say anything beyond that, due to NDA restrictions and not having played it at ALL yet.

wouanagaine

found that on reddit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qw9cSI-7M

Mod Edit: Changed the <email></email> tags to <url></url> so that web browsers don't want to send e-mails

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NCGAIO

??? It seems more as a sensationalist amateur marketing  worthy even EA's own  ( even has a link to pre-order in the description ).

Only good for one thing, makes it clear that the user interface has been optimized for the Portables that are the focus of EA

As for the game needless to say nothing ... everything that was said by community before already describes very well!

But I noticed a certain mismatch between what was shown and art that Ocean Quiley posted on his blog. %confuso

girlfromverona

Just watched that video in time - it's been taken down now. I'm guessing that means it wasn't part of a viral marketing campaign? ;)

I've pre-ordered the game but am reserving judgment till I can play it myself. Hoping like mad that I get chosen for the beta.

NCGAIO

:D He is still on the network - LINK .. prohibit nowadays is pushing for success in the search by all.

:thumbsdown: Attitude asshole .... only demonstrates the anachronistic sense that EA tries to push for the old games to justify adherence to their slots

()sad() Everything boils down to get the largest possible number of subscribers.

:bomb: This will work for a while logically (hundreds of millions of gamers are on the network and tens of millions of unwary will continue dropping in this traps ) the question is how long this will work.

%wrd Its shareholders are still very mistrustful ...

Haljackey

If you spend too long watching/reading this stuff it can drive you insane.

Had to take a breather after spending too much time on the SimCity Subreddit and The SC13 forums on ST. :P

Tilarium

I've beta tested so many games and signed up for far more then what I've tested.  This is one of the odder sign ups because they don't ask any experience as a beta tester or any PC stats.  Hoping I'll get picked, but we'll see what the future holds.

j-dub

I'm sure they still had a lot of sign ups. It's like why wouldn't have I? Might as well, since I had to be Origined on the console.

NCGAIO

Quote from: Tilarium on January 18, 2013, 03:43:46 PM
This is one of the odder sign ups because they don't ask any experience as a beta tester or any PC stats.  Hoping I'll get picked, but we'll see what the future holds.

Because obviously this is not a true Beta test... just more marketing before launch to try logically garner more subscribers for ORIGEN

"$Deal"$ - SimCity beta weekend lets players try one hour of the game, ready your Origin account

()what() One hour per city ??  in a big cities simulator ?? ... so it's good to go already decorating what is available to not waste time...

:o  Simcity - Beta  tutorial

But hurry if want to see this before the E.A. make withdraw also.

girlfromverona

Finally got my beta invite tonight, so I'm downloading the game right now. Will let you know my opinion once I've had a chance to play. ()stsfd()

Haljackey

Just finished installing the beta... going to fire it up soon.

There is a good chance I might get into the VIP beta... Trying to pull some strings to get it. (Unrestricted play time among other tings)

jigsaw

i've just emerged from my first hour of gameplay. i wont say anything IAW the NDA.

.. but i will draw pictures:

&mmm

???

%confuso

for the old school members around here: you wouldnt believe who has re-emerged since the beta: Oppie!
insert signature here

Haljackey

Ok I played the 1 hour allowed. Can't say more than that.

However it seems likely I'll be getting into the closed VIP beta. At least then I can say things like "I really like it!" :P

NCGAIO

Then could at least make a comment on whether saw something like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/v/GOkszbGWVI4

Or maybe only if these things are actually present ...  http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuLFIwlsUI

Just to remember this was the publicity for launch the old Simcity.

http://www.youtube.com/v/eRWXzof8VOc

did not think the game was very similar, it is not!

mike3775

How lame they are forcing people who actually do the beta to not say anything.  If I got in on the beta, I would gie my honest opinion of the game and if Maxis/EA didnt like it, tough, make a better game or grow thicker skin, because I believe in letting people know how I feel restrictions aside, because if you do not want negative feedback going public, DO NOT RELEASE A BETA THEN

Serkanner

I received the Beta key this morning. I am eager to try it out.

Delecto

I'm downloading the Beta right now.

Girafe

I got a key this morning, but seems the beta is so poor... that if someone is intersted in, I give it.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

Just got my Key today.... not sure that I want to download.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.