• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

[tabular type=6]
[row][head]
Name of Contestant
[/head][head]
Votes Cast
[/head][/row]
[row][data]Yan077[/data][data]1[/data][/row]
[row][data]rambuckel[/data][data]2[/data][/row]
[/tabular]
Call me Robin, please.

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

vester

[tabular type=6]
[row][data]Yan077[/data][data]4[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Reikhardt

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dohraymii

Call me Mark

bat

[tabular type=6]
[row][data]Yan077[/data][data]7[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

noahclem

Yan077 - 8
rambuckel - 2

Who'll challenge next?

vortext

I'll challenge again with an oldy if that's okay (some similar elements in there).

Vortext
vs
Yann077

Quote from: art128 on November 25, 2011, 09:57:48 AMI desperately try to attract more people over here... It was a time when we had like three round a day, now it's almost one for two days..  :'(

On a sidenote, imho this kind of situation seems to be a common hold-up in the competition. By which I mean, a gorgeous pic just won two rounds and is - almost - guaranteed to enter the HoF. Ergo, noone challenges 'cause noone likes to see their pic go down without standing a change really. .  Don't get me wrong, Yann's pic is beautiful (quite the understatement as matter of fact it's eye popping, jaw dropping, sweet-sweet landscaping perfection) and ought to be in the HoF. However, more often than not the third round has a 'lets send this pic to the HoF already' vibe to it. At least it does to me but I could be wrong all together.

There's no easy solution for this either except leading by example and ask other members not to scrutinize their pic too hard when a similar situation presents itself in the future. Instead, think of it as a fun way to show off your work (still darn proud of this pic, even if I can do better nowadays, since it was the first time modding/lotting/plopping came together in a coherent manner ()stsfd() ).

EDIT: added art128's remark so it's more understandable where the sidenote is coming from. Let the voting commence!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

tag_one

^ Time for an extra voter I guess ::). It's been quite some time since the last time I was here. But the third moderator is back   ?$%kar&%h

Though decision, but my vote goes to Vortext. The whole setting looks Medieval but real to me :)

Vortext - 1
Yann077 - 0

mike3775

Vortext -2
Yann077 - 0

Both are great pictures, but I like Vortext's a tad better

dohraymii

Call me Mark

art128

Quote from: tag_one on November 28, 2011, 01:19:40 PM
^ Time for an extra voter I guess ::). It's been quite some time since the last time I was here. But the third moderator is back   ?$%kar&%h

Nice to have you back on track, Merijn! :)

Anyway, my vote goes to....

vortex.

[tabular type=6]
[row][head]
Name of Contestant
[/head][head]
Votes Cast
[/head][/row]
[row][data]
vortex
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
Yann077
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Props & Texture Catalog

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

sorry my friend

Vortext - 5
Yann077 - 2

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Yan077

Hmmm, is that rule still valid ? What do you think Arthur ?   ::)

Quote from: Masochist on April 01, 2007, 07:26:55 PM
Challenge
If your picture loses, it can't be posted up again until at least five entire pages has passed (not five pages worth of posts, but five whole pages devoid of that picture).  You also can't post up a different picture to challenge one you lost to.   

Ps : Don't worry for me if the round keep going on  :P

art128

Hmmm.... To be honest, im my opinion this rule should be a bit shortened.. But 'ill talk to that with my fellow moderators, Robin (rooker1) and Merijn (tag_one)

Well anyway as the round is already half way, lets keep it goes. We'll see how it will lead.

Props & Texture Catalog

Reikhardt