• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

[tabular type=8]
[row][head]
Name of Contestant
[/head][head]
Votes Cast
[/head][/row]
[row][data]
Simcoug
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
piterdaw1
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Good luck both!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Simcoug - 1
piterdaw1 - 1

Argh, don't make it so hard. The perspective and clouds are great but the horizon still is too abrupt to sustain the illusion of a landscape dissolving into the distance. So despite being a little lifeless it's the city for me.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Indeed, don't make it so hard Vortext ;)

Simcoug - 2
piterdaw1 - 1

Cheers
Willy

Emirate of Atlantsia|Full Member of the AIN

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

rooker1

Bringing the pics over...

piterdaw1

VS

Simcoug

[tabular type=8]
[row][head]
Name of Contestant
[/head][head]
Votes Cast
[/head][/row]
[row][data]
Simcoug
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[row][data]
piterdaw1
[/data][data]
[/data][/row]
[/tabular]
Call me Robin, please.

vester

noahclem

2b2gbi

You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

Mr.Lin

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

Kergelen

Simcoug-1
Mr.Lin-0

Too much Photoshop for my taste Mr.Lin.

Links to SC4 websites

weixc812

Simcoug-1
Mr.Lin-1
Will this symbolized creation lead to a revolotion here? :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Huston_N7

Something you can't do in SC2013, just an amazing level of creativity. Though the sky and cloud texture doesn't exactly fit with the rest of the image, it's still an amazing effort to make SC4 3d :)

Simcoug-1
Mr.Lin-2

<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

RepublicMaster

sunv123

Looks almost exactly like Zion in the winter. Very creative work. :thumbsup:

Simcoug - 2
Mr.Lin - 3
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

APSMS

Simcoug - 3
Mr. Lin - 3

Both wonderful pictures, but while I can't tell where Mr. Lin's SC4 stops and the photoshopping begins, I can in SimCoug's, and it's reassuring. Plus, I've seen something similar to SimCoug's pic in RL.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Mr.Lin

Quote from: APSMS on July 30, 2013, 10:21:09 AM
Simcoug - 3
Mr. Lin - 3

Both wonderful pictures, but while I can't tell where Mr. Lin's SC4 stops and the photoshopping begins, I can in SimCoug's, and it's reassuring. Plus, I've seen something similar to SimCoug's pic in RL.
While, I'm not agree with you. The proportion of clouds in my pic are as same in Simcoug's. I just do some photoshopping in the edge of the mountain to make the transition more gentle and comfortable. By that way it can prevent the clouds looks so stiff and unreal,and that is the differ between SimCoug's and mine. I hope you can understand.

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

cmdp123789

Problem is, and as I said before, competition is getting waaaaaay too different with photoshopped images. The whole point of this should be to show off what your ingame city looks like, and not make something that the uploader itself dont see in its game. The real beauty of this competition should be showing pure simcity and compete to one another based on only simcity stuff. Now, to be honest, I rather vote on pure simcity pics than to vote on the ability to photoshop an image :thumbsdown:

Mr.Lin

Quote from: cmdp123789 on July 30, 2013, 08:20:43 PM
Problem is, and as I said before, competition is getting waaaaaay too different with photoshopped images. The whole point of this should be to show off what your ingame city looks like, and not make something that the uploader itself dont see in its game. The real beauty of this competition should be showing pure simcity and compete to one another based on only simcity stuff. Now, to be honest, I rather vote on pure simcity pics than to vote on the ability to photoshop an image :thumbsdown:
What's your mean of the "thumbs down" ? I hope you can respect my works !
In addition, I admit I have done some photoshopping, but I'm not show off my photoshop ability !That's just your idea !
As I have said before, I just made the transition more gentle and comfortable.
And I think this is allowed.

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

APSMS

Not to fuel the fire or make this off-topic discussion go on any longer than necessary, but my $0.02 is that photoshopping is perfectly acceptable. This is a competition, after all, and since it is allowed per the rules, if you don't like a picture, you say so with your vote. Mr. Lin, I meant no offense: for me your picture fell into the uncanny valley between realism and game, and I felt uncomfortable with it. It is, however, a gorgeous pic. I simply felt Simcoug's was worth my vote instead.

There are some incredible photoshopped images in the HoF. I believe Weixc812 did one for Brooklyn 1969 a few months ago, and it looks beautiful. Moderation in all things, and again your vote is your primary opinion. If I could photoshop images half as well as I think I can, I'd do it to all of my SC4 image (not that I have that many). Photoshopping might be viewed as a cheat (sometimes I feel that way), but since realism is key (and Real Life is Unrealistic), I think it only enhances the game and competition, rather than detract. A lack of image editing simply means you must play the game better, but I think it is clear that an edited image can only be as good as the source material.

Hopefully this should sum up a bunch of feelings and end the off-topic (and quickly heating) debate. This is quickly going south in a [pseudo] friendly way. Let's stop it here, while the going is good.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation