• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... futuristic-science fiction cities and space colonies

Started by Terring7, March 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albus of Garaway

I sure hope you're right about what the future looks like, because that city is beautiful!

serebii666

You guys have inspired me! I'll defineatly do something like this in the near future
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Evillions8

I'm surprised that you used one of my old models. :P  I really didn't like it after a while I joined SimMars, so I made another version of it.  $%Grinno$%  (Yet, that has to come.  :) )

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Evillions8

Where did you get that street mod?  That looks awesome!  &apls

As for the city itself,  &apls &apls &apls  I'm diggin on the shot! :)

Terring7

The street mod was made by moonlinght. I don't remember from where i found them, only that is a Japanese site. moonlinght is also a member of SC4Devotion, so you can P.M. to him. The gray sidewalks are from here.

As about the city itself... you should see my 10000% really futuristic cities!!! ;D ;D
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Venus Project proposes a Research City that would use the most sophisticated available resources and construction techniques. Its geometrically elegant and efficient circular arrangement will be surrounded by, and incorporated into the city design, parks and lovely gardens. This city will be designed to operate with the minimum expenditure of energy using the cleanest technology available, which will be in harmony with nature to obtain the highest possible standard of living for everyone. This system facilitates efficient transportation for city residents, eliminating the need for automobiles.

This is the central dome that house the core of the cybernated system, educational facilities, access center, computerized communications networking systems, health and child care facilities.

The buildings surrounding the central dome provide the community with centers for cultural activities such as the arts, theater, exhibitions, concerts, access centers, and various forms of entertainment.

Next is the design and development complex for this research and planning city.

Adjacent the research facilities are dining and other amenities.

The residential district have a variety of free form unique architecture to fulfill the various needs of the occupant.

Areas are set aside for renewable clean sources of energy such as wind generators, solar, heat concentrating systems, geothermal, photovoltaic and others. Next are the indoor hydroponic facilities and outdoor agricultural belts which will be used to grow a wide variety of organic plants without the use of pesticides. A circular waterway for irrigation and filtration surrounds the agricultural belt.

The outermost perimeter is utilized for recreational activities such as biking, golfing, hiking and riding, etc.

I hope that you like it. Any idea is welcomed :)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

FrankU

I somehow fear that smoke production will not be allowed under a dome.....
Otherwise your project is interesting enough.

Terring7

This "smoke" is just air. This air can be hot to warm the city in the winter and cold to cool the city in the summer.
The Choice is Ours
---

timoman12

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

We have land cities, underground cities, sea floating cities, underwater cities, orbital cities and extraterrestrial cities. So how about antigravity cities?

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

So you want a lot of Sims and still not too much land to build. Piece of cake, just built an arcology ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

nza_arch

Beam me up . . . Terring7

Plz: I want a ticket to these places. They seem great : )

:thumbsup: