• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... futuristic-science fiction cities and space colonies

Started by Terring7, March 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Wiimeiser

Oh. A shame, I wish there was a pack of "floating continent" lots...

Where'd the dome come from, though?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

It's been such a long time since I could play the game. But now I'm back. And my lotting projects will be back too :)

The Choice is Ours
---

evarburg

Quote from: Terring7 on April 25, 2013, 01:03:27 PM
Close up's from a town I'm working

That looks GOOD, Terring (the later pics as well) Glad you're back at it !

Wiimeiser

I'm curious about some of these buildings, particularly the one that looks like a mitsudomoe... Where are they from?

Terring7

evarburg: Thanks :)

Wiimeiser: Most of my buildings, including the one that looks like a mitsudomoe, are SimMars buildings reloted by me to fit on SimEarth. 4 years ago I was also busy replacing the default Maxis buildings with SimMars buildings, but my PC died. Now I have a new PC and I'm going not only to resurrect this project, but also to update my already released lots.
The Choice is Ours
---

Seaman

the big building in the middle of the second picture: is it a supersized elevated train station BAT? Nice refurbishment, in case it is!  &apls it looks really like it belongs there...

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Wiimeiser

I'm wondering what the mitsudomoe in the last picture is, myself. It appears to be something from the education menu to me, possibly a library...

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Wiimeiser

Seaman

Quote from: Terring7 on August 27, 2018, 10:45:36 AM
It's not a train station. It's a skybridge from Quadrahedron Matrix.

Ah... I mixed it up with this station:

Anyhow, it's really great to look at your pictures. You've done a tremendous job. Thx for sharing with us

Galeb_G2

I know that the game was published 15 years ago, but is there a mod which allows to play with more modern mechanics such as self-driving cars? I ran into that article recently and wondered whether there was a mod that featured this. Because if this technology is supposed to change how we buy houses, it will definitely have an impact on urban planning in the future.

APSMS

I'm not sure self-driving cars would fundamentally change the way that the game plays, since we still can't avoid the limitation of providing all residences with car access, and cities probably won't look significantly different as a result. Maybe you could have greater urban sprawl, but if you simply wanted to simulate less traffic you could probably just use the very high capacity setting in the NAM TSCT and use that to simulate the reduction in traffic jams that self-driving cars would allow for.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Terring7

Just the beginning of something bigger ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

evarburg

Wow ! An arcology that functions as a transport hub ( and suspended road pillar?) wow.

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

Terring7

Overview from two small cities.

An attempt to break the grid.

And a small industrial park.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

One of my favorite kinds of future cities is what I call 3D cities. It's cities made by buildings so big that can hold buildings, roads and even avenues, airports, whole neighborhoods, and even entire cities on their roofs. Keep this going and you'll have buildings on top of bigger buildings, which are on top of even bigger buildings, which are on top of even bigger buildings! The next old concepts can give you an idea.

This is the kind of cities I'm now recreating at SimCity, and this is the very first one. As you can see, this city is actually an arcology surrounded by industries, which is big enough to support a residential zone and a smaller arcology, which is still big enough to support a commercial zone and the central core.

More 3D cities are coming soon.
The Choice is Ours
---