• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEX Power Search not working?

Started by cefien, August 23, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cefien

It's been quite a long time and i've seen several topics about this in the forum but no one get the answer? Is the LEX still experiencing a database issue?
Sorry if i choose to open a new topic but, i'd really like to know the answer. Guess i'm just gonna repeat the question that have been asked in the other topic. The power search in the LEX seems to have a serious problem. I cannot search anything, and it keep telling me to use at least one filter even though i used them already. What's going on?

CasperVg

You should try to clear your browser cache. The browser is probably using some outdated scripts, which fail with the new system. Once you have cleared the cache and reloaded the search page - things should work fine.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

buncheesy

Hi

I am getting errors with the power search similar to the OP.  I cleared out Chromes cache (cached files and images) and the problems haven't gone away.  It very hard to get the search to initiate ("you need to add at least 1 filter"), which I do by logging out and back in again a number of times.  then generally after the first page I get the following message anyway.

"You've seen it all..
An error occurred: 0.."  even when there are a number of pages not yet displayed.

My internet connection is ADSL2+ in Australia (25,000 kB/s?  I think?).
The power search was working fine until 1 week ago.
I get exactly the same issue on my work computer also.

cheers

CasperVg

The server seems to be choking on search requests lately. I have no idea what's causing it - it worked fine for a long time and I haven't made any changes lately. It probably needs a reboot or something
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube