• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Amsterdam. - New Update: Artis!!!

Started by FissileBread, July 19, 2007, 07:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Congratulations! I haven't spent very much time looking at your journal before, but I am going to from now on. I really like the look of the coastline. And a lot of other stuff too. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

Congratulations !  I may be biased but of course Amsterdam belongs naturally in the Special Interest sections.... :P

@Ferry: Blijdorp nicer than Artis  ()what() Yeah right... And you'll probably also say that Feyenoord is better than Ajax...  : $%Grinno$%
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Strechnitz

Well fissilebread,

My warmes congratulations for making this section so soon! well deserved I might say.
Your recreation of amsterdam is getting better and better. your Artis update is well done.
Good job indeed!

Quote from: sebes on August 03, 2007, 05:12:27 AM
Congratulations !  I may be biased but of course Amsterdam belongs naturally in the Special Interest sections.... :P

@Ferry: Blijdorp nicer than Artis  ()what() Yeah right... And you'll probably also say that Feyenoord is better than Ajax...  : $%Grinno$%

Yes you are biased, yes Blijdorp is nicer, and no not this season. :P

Strechnitz.

kwakelaar

Quote from: sebes on August 03, 2007, 05:12:27 AM
My point exactly.

You are doing great here with this recreation of Amsterdam, the Artis update is very well made.

Snaper

It's very beautiful, good work with the LE, I love  :thumbsup:

But, for the channels, you must make the bridge with the part envisaged, because you do not put separation between the channel and the road (lack a part) ... But it is only a detail

Vario80

Congrats for the Reward. You did really a fantastic job by recreating the city of Amsterdam. Well deserved!  &apls  :)
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

daveje

as a resident of amsterdam myself, all i can say is WOW...great detail.. thumbs up mate keep it going!

ps. one question.. where do you have those 'GVB' trams from??? looks nice in the new blue and white and the old yellow/red colours!

ryalmighty1

Umm... all I can say to this one is... wow. The way you have integrated the canals in with the city is nothing short of amazing. Few can do this well, and fewer have done it as well as you. While I don't know how accurate this is to Amsterdam (for I have never visited NOR been exposed to much information on it) I would gander that you are doing more than a decent job honoring this old and prestigious city. Great work!
There is no end.
There is no beginning.
There is only the infinite passion of life.

-Federico Fellini

Serkanner

Quote from: daveje on August 21, 2007, 04:56:52 PM
as a resident of amsterdam myself, all i can say is WOW...great detail.. thumbs up mate keep it going!

ps. one question.. where do you have those 'GVB' trams from??? looks nice in the new blue and white and the old yellow/red colours!

Those trams are part of the fantastic Trams Pack by Vester. You can find it HERE!. Make sure you read the read-me to correctly install the trams. Have fun.

daveje

Great! i found a site earlier with the pack on it. but the link was down. so thanks !!!!!!!!

thundercrack83

With this post, it's my pleasure to move your MD to the Ones to Watch category. Congratulations, FissileBread!

bat

Congrats for the "Ones to Watch"-Status!! &apls

Jmouse

I'm a bit late joining the party, but I've enjoyed looking through your MD this morning. The photos are very nice, and the city is looking really good.  :thumbsup: Seeing the zoo reminds me of times long past when the Maxix zoo would come available. It was clunky and required tearing up a large area of real estate to fit it in. And no matter where you put it, it looked contrived and out of place.
Isn't it wonderful that we now have so much custom content available thanks to the talent and generosity of our members!

Until next time...
Joan

paroch

Hi FissleBread,

Just wanted to add my congratulations and well dones.  I've been to Amsterdam a few times and I think you've captured the spirit of the place very well.

Now just a combination of the dutch buildings and SimGoober's "Adult Buildings" would finish it off nicely!!