• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLot Counter and Occupant Groups

Started by RippleJet, August 20, 2007, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bixel

I noticed some of the CAM lots Barbyw did seems to have unique query code. I need the query codes for R$, R$$, and R$$$.

BarbyW

The queries are in the CAM Essentials pack on the LEX. The query refs are:
Residential: 0xca1ca1c4
Commercial: 0xca1ca1c3
Industrial: 0xca1ca1c2
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

the7train

How do you know if an occupant group is included in a CAMeLot?  I downloaded some starter packs and am unsure.  Is there a file I can look at to see?  Also, how are the occupant groups added?  The reason I ask is because I have a commercial CAMeLot in my city but cannot build the counter lot (and its already been mentioned that it shouldn't matter if you build the counter after a CAMeLot has been grown).  Thanks!

BarbyW

the7train: which lot is the one in question as I can check it quickly?

the7train

Jetersen Focsmann a CO$$$ stage 11

Thanks BarbyW

RippleJet

First of all, please report any missing Occupant Groups, so that we (BarbyW) can update the corresponding lots on the LEX. ;)

Quote from: the7train on August 30, 2007, 11:54:02 AM
How do you know if an occupant group is included in a CAMeLot?  I downloaded some starter packs and am unsure.  Is there a file I can look at to see?  Also, how are the occupant groups added?

You need to use either iLive's Reader or SC4Tool.

The guidance below is based on Reader:

1. Open the file where the building exemplar is (in the case of CAMeLots made by BarbyW, this is in a SC4Lot file. For other uploaders it's normally in a SC4Desc file).
In this example I've opened the file CO$$$15_5x5_OneWorldTradeCenter_f3512a32.SC4Lot (shown in the title bar of the Reader).

2. Select the building exemplar file (orange arrow).
The building exemplar is recognized from the property Exemplar Type, which is set to "Building" (underlined in orange).

3. Double-click on the property OccupantGroups, shown with a red arrow. The Property window will open.

4. The last two values are probably the Occupant Groups for the CAMeLot. In this case 0xB5C00AC8 and 0xB5C00ACF (shown with green arrows).
If any of those are missing click the Add button (encircled in green) and add the missing values. The order of the values is not important.
If any of those values are wrong, you can edit the values directly. To save your changes, click Apply (encircled in blue), and finally save the SC4Lot file itself.

RippleJet

Quote from: the7train on August 30, 2007, 12:42:45 PM
Jetersen Focsmann a CO$$$ stage 11

The Jetersen Focsmann does seem to have correct Occupant Groups: 0xB5C00AC8, 0xB5C00ACB. ()what()
Have you waited till the end of the month? The conditions for all rewards are checked only once a month (the 28th) by SC4.

the7train

Before I say anything else, I want to let you know that I did not install the following dependencies of the Counter:
BSC Essentials
BSC MEGA Props D66 Vol02
BSC Prop Pack Cycledogg No 1
BSC Parks - Texture Set
BSC Textures Vol 01
I'm guessing these are for the "looks" of the lots and not functionality so please let me know if I'm wrong.  Forgive me for not mentioning this earlier if thats not the case.

Regarding Jetersen Focsmann, I got it from the starter set in the following link on 8/26: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=950

I then downloaded all of the required dependencies (none of the optional dependencies) as specified in the readme.  I am not sure if that means anything as far as what could be wrong.

I will re-run the simulation to ensure I do a full month, but I'm pretty sure I did a full month.  I will also look at the files with the Reader RippleJet has referenced.  I am also going on vacation shortly, so you may not hear from me until next week, but I'll let you know what happens.  I'm sure its something on my end.

However let me ask, what should happen?  I'm guessing I turn on the game, let it run for a month, past the 28th, then a window should pop up with the reward?

Thanks for your prompt responses and help!

BarbyW

You really need the BSC Essentials file as that holds the file that does the OG counting. It won't work without that.

RippleJet

Thanks BarbyW! :)
You also need the BSC Essentials for the query to look right. and without the textures your lot will look strange.
If the two prop packs are missing, then your lots will look empty, but still function without problems.

the7train

Great thanks guys I'll be sure to fix that...I was just quickly looking to see if it would work

the7train

HandsOn

Even risking of being annoying, I've got to ask another question about CAM & its counters. If I read RJ's introductory table correctly, the counter will add any building from stage 8 onwards if it is a CAM-enabled lot. I ask because in several cities I do indeed have different R$$($?) Stage 8 CAM-lots from, I think, BSC, identified by the CAM logo in the lower right corner. Yet in the rewards menu the counters remain unavailable, still showing the -1 residental count. Thus, once again, I am confused..  ()sad()

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 18, 2008, 11:58:23 AM
I ask because in several cities I do indeed have different R$$($?) Stage 8 CAM-lots from, I think, BSC, identified by the CAM logo in the lower right corner.

If they are stage 8, they are not CAMeLots.
If they are stage 9, they should be, and should be counted.

Could you post a pic of some of the buildings (with their queries) that you believe are CAMeLots,
and I'll check what stage they are and if they have the Counter Occupant Groups correctly set up.

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on May 18, 2008, 02:00:53 PM
If they are stage 8, they are not CAMeLots.
If they are stage 9, they should be, and should be counted.

Could you post a pic of some of the buildings (with their queries) that you believe are CAMeLots,
and I'll check what stage they are and if they have the Counter Occupant Groups correctly set up.
Ok, got it. Guess what's confusing is the query, which in both cases has the logo. Here are the pics:

xxdita

Though technically not CAMeLots, the lots have been CAMified, using PIMX, and can be more easily identified with the CAM Query, should any problem be found. (And to distinguish the CAMified lots from the Vanillas).
Some people forget to remove the original lots when installing the necessary dependencies, so this can be quite helpful in pointing that out to them.

HandsOn

Thing is, I never had any of these buildings until I installed the starter kits and the dependencies. So there was nothing to remove..

xxdita

That does make things easier then.   :P
But as the original lots were fairly popular, it was necessary to distinguish the CAMified lots from the originals.
Congrats on making it to Stage 8. Soon, you'll see CAM kick in quite nicely.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on May 19, 2008, 04:15:51 AM
That does make things easier then.   :P
But as the original lots were fairly popular, it was necessary to distinguish the CAMified lots from the originals.
Congrats on making it to Stage 8. Soon, you'll see CAM kick in quite nicely.
I wondered about that, especially since I've been, again with several cities, at stage for some time. And how is this going to work for rural communities & CAM farms? Since low education is a prerequisite (according to RJ) for farms to continue to grow & maintain a workforce, higher stages are nigh impossible, at least in terms of census count.

jmyers2043

Hello Hands On

It seems that the person uploading has told the game to display the wrong query when they created the lot. Stage 8 is as RJet says, is not a CAMeLOT. 

I recently did a few industrials. Each industrial sits on a CAMeLOT and a RUSHHour lot. I had to make two DESC files when making these lots. One for CAM referencing the CAM query. And a RUSH HOUR version that references the standard query. It appears from reading your question and looking at the picture that the person who created the lot made the CAM version of the lot correctly (although it may not have grown yet) and forgot to reference the generic query when making the stage 8 lot.

QuoteYet in the rewards menu the counters remain unavailable, still showing the -1 residental count.

I am not sure I understand your question or concern. So I'll opt and give your some information instead. There is eight digit number buried deep inside the buildings DESC file. This number has to be edited manually by the creator. This number is used by the game for counting lots. Examples of things counted? Farm fields are counted, numbers of SimGoober lots, as are CAMeLOTS, etc. . .. If the eight digit number is correct? It is counted. If not, then it is not counted or counted wrong or for something else. Whether this building is being counted? I don't know. And I am not curious enough to find out. One thing is certain. It is not going to cause a crash to desktop or hurt the game in any way.

Hope this helps.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)