• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Network Addon Mod Update January 2008 - Now available!

Started by Andreas, December 31, 2007, 07:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

Quote from: ebina on December 31, 2007, 10:11:11 PM
And if you have downloaded Pegasus's Alternate Railway Mod from SimCityKurier, latter file may be in your Plugins folder.

I don't think I have this but there are several PEG texture, etc mods. Do you know the specific names of the files to look for?

Andreas

@SC4BOY: ebina is referring to this download: http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=555 For convenience, I included ebina's files into it, because they were made for PEG's mod.

@ebina: Thanks for pointing those out, I completely forgot about them, since I don't use the Alternate Railway Mod myself. :)
Andreas

SC4BOY

Hmm.. well I don't use that specific download, but I do use SWAMPER-PEG_NoRailDirt_MOD_205.dat

I also use PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol2.dat and zHSRBeta .. do you know of conflicts there?

Everything SEEMS to be working properly.. is there a trap waiting for me somewhere? :)

Andreas

Andreas

Zaphod

War Kittens !?

Pat

Quote from: PaulvMontfort on January 01, 2008, 04:13:58 AM
There's just one complaint I have which i'm not happy about and that is the fact that the green version of my bridge is released (which was a test render) instead of the rerendered red nightlighted pieces I sent to jeronij a while ago. >:(

fear not paul jeroni is in the process of correcting that issue as i saw the file locked...  Great Job NAM Team  &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

calibanX

This is awesome. Thank you guys very much for your hard work.

Happy New Year!

Where City and Country Flow Together

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

caronte22

Glazert

I am still exploring all the extra new goodies. I particularly appreciate the Avenue Roundabout with Highway overpass, since in the UK this is a fairly standard type of intersection. No more need for "square roundabouts"! I also appreciate what seems to be the greater flexibility of the avenue roundabouts generally in terms of one-way roads and roads connecting to them.

bokrif

I didn't check out these new features ingame, but I must say THANK YOU guys! Thank you for revolutionizing the SC4!

mittfh

I like the idea of the El (light) rail ground texture mod. I have to ask an obvious question - is a monorail version in development or will be in development soon? Since monorail is also carried above ground on pylons / pillars / piers (err, which is the appropriate terminology for the supports?) and AFAIK also uses the underlying ground texture, it could also benefit from such a development.

Oh, also looking forward to using the heavy rail viaducts!

TopCliff

Just DLed it, and I can hardly wait to start the game up!!! Too bad my game takes an hour and a half to start . . . I like all the work you do, and deeply appreciate all this. Thank you.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

GoaSkin

The Mac version is garbage. It does not add anything new. There are only a few missing pieces in the rotation rings and a mountain trail icon containing the ped mall set like before.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

dedgren

QuoteThe Mac version is garbage.

Whoa, hey- my friend.  OK, you've made it pretty clear how you feel.  Let's say that you have spoken for everyone...

...hint, hint...

...with strong negative feelings about the 2008 NAM update for the Mac, so I'll presume nobody will belabor that point.

Now, what specific things do we need to do, in anyone's view, to bring the Mac version up-to-snuff with the PC side, which judging by the comments is a resounding success?

Thanks in advance for calm, reasoned and completely thought-through input.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jplumbley

Quote from: GoaSkin on January 02, 2008, 04:40:55 PM
The Mac version is garbage. It does not add anything new. There are only a few missing pieces in the rotation rings and a mountain trail icon containing the ped mall set like before.

The latest update was not about updating the NAM with new stuff.  It was about updating the NAM Plugins such as SAM - Street Addon Mod and RHW - Rural Highway Mod.  These both have extensive changes and additions.  While both require updates to the NAM_Controller file they are considered welcome additions to the NAM Production.  If you dont want these added Plugins, that is your choice, but these are the major changes and if you dont download them you will not appreciate the hard work that went into the latest update.  

Being that you are a team member I would have thought you had understood what was required to be put into a transit mod.  I dont appreciate you calling the work of others garbage.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

allan_kuan1992

Uh... someone may want to check to see who is actually using the name GoaSkin? It might not be the same person who created the NAM stuff.

- Allan Kuan