• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbsimcity

David,

Reading your MD, I decided to step out of the shadow and stop lurking 2 weeks ago.  Of course it took me all this time to go over all 210 pages  :)

I must say that overall, what amazes me the most are your time management skills. I wish I could squeeze in as many "SC4 quickies" as you within my busy schedule.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Marc

EDITMarc, hey, great first post here at SC4D!  We'll look forward to hearing from you again soon, and I hope to be keeping the next 210 pages as interesting as those to date. -DE

SC4 - Large Airport Builder project

thundercrack83

Good to hear from you, David! Summer is a good time for a lull, though, my friend. I hope your enjoying yours!

I look forward to your next update!

Dustin

mightygoose

fantastic photographs, love the bison(?), reminds me of his frisky partner. which is great at this time of year.

ever grateful and ever watching,

john.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Still playing around with fencelines...

I'm getting close to having what I want.

Anyone want to BAT some telephone poles?

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

I don't know about how good they'll turn out, but I'd sure like to try, David.

j-dub

Quote from: dedgrenAnyone want to BAT some telephone poles?
David, have you tried downloading Interstate 80's rural poles, and street lights recently @ http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3297.80
Some of it had been released already, but it looks like a busy ongoing project. On page 5, I learned a very important trick to getting specific streetlights to appear on networks with unzoned areas. What caught my eye was the exemplared Telephone Poles on the Road right next to the orange grove. The farm streets had a different pole. Unlike the default game programming, the poles repeated only on the one side of the road. I think there will be a lot more later. I thought they realistic. There is quite a variety of lights Interstate 80 made mounted onto wooden poles. Any fan of the field would love that, especially how there is options.

bat

Nice playing there with these fence lines, David!
Looking forward to more...

mbsimcity

It's a small observation, but I like how the fences are placed outside of the easement along the roadway.  It's very realistic.

Marc

SC4 - Large Airport Builder project

kimcar

I know i don`t post often in your MD but it`s not because i don`t like what you do , but sometimes i`m lost with your project , cause i can`t follow them each times  :D But you do a great overall work like the last update. You are right about missing some phone pole, and if i can suggest why don`t put some workers or tractors in your farming zone?  Just an idea . Keep it up  :thumbsup: and i gonna come again for sure.

thundercrack83

Such a simple idea--a fence line next to a farm with a few trees--but you make it seem so majestic, my friend!

Once again, I'm at a loss for words here in 3RR.

Hope things are going well for you, David!

Dustin

Nardo69

The true beauty lies in the simplicity of things ... Great Art, Dave!  &apls

QuoteAnyone want to BAT some telephone poles

Ever tried these poles here? Only the dependency are the SFBT essentials and AFAIK they are on the LEX. ;)

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Alex (Tarkus) has done his usual magnificent work...

...and a handful of SC4 Holy Grails are within reach.

Yes- I have the FAR/FARR alpha back.  There's still a glitch or two with completing functionality, and the textures look way worse than I expected, but Alex has made a dream into reality!  More in a bit...

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

pilotdaryl

thundercrack83

One small 90-degree curve for man, one giant leap for SC4-kind!

This is extraordinary, David! Excellent work to you and to Alex!

Dustin

Toichus Maximus

can't wait! 3rr is always the place to be for great new ideas.

deathtopumpkins

I have to second Dustin!
Those are excellent (and will be very helpful)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

threestooges

I think I picked the perfect day to return from my trip. Magnificent work there David, Alex, and all of the other FAR/FARR/tranist modders in general. The fencelines continue to look better too. Sorry this isn't a more detailed psot, but there is so much to catch up on around here. Great work.
-Matt

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MandelSoft

Nice pics, and what did I spot? A smaller road curve? Fantastic!  &apls

BTW, 4200 replies!!!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Nice work on that curve, David and Alex!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more

And congrats on 4200+ replies and 211 pages!!

...and of course
106061 views...