• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

What the!? :o A new RHW8?!  &apls Glad to see the concept back in action.

A200

That is truely magical, to all who worked on the NAM!

Take as long as you need guys, we will all be 100000% happy when it comes out!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cammo2003

The El-RHW4 is looking great. I wouldn't bother putting much more work into the model, aside from the transition needing barriers (which I'm 110% sure you're aware of) ramp, that's fairly realistic. About the only tweak needed IMHO is either side rails or higher barriers. I suspect you're also aware of that and are currently just focusing on functionality (ie getting things to where they're stable enough to use - as 98% of us agree on is top priority).

Great work, and keep it coming!  :)

Godzillaman

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

Andreas

I guess now the time has come to trash the Maxis highways finally. Draggable elevated (rural) highway was the missing link so far. :)
Andreas

MandelSoft

Quote from: Andreas on September 04, 2008, 04:20:18 AM
I guess now the time has come to trash the Maxis highways finally. Draggable elevated (rural) highway was the missing link so far. :)
Well, not really, In some cases it can be usefull, but mostly, the Maxis highway is outdated.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

I will probably continue to use the Maxis Highway when building crowded urban freeways, but I'm sure I will also use the draggable elevated RHW.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jerommeke1701

Draggable Elevated... (whipes saliva from his chin)  Wow.......

1 query:
I guess that if a RHW 8 will be in version 2.1, then a split like below from that into 2 RHW4s is foreseen?

Shadow Assassin

I guess that if a RHW 8 will be in version 2.1, then a split from that into 2 RHW4s is foreseen?

Of course! To my knowledge, Alex told me there'd be a very large number of interfaces (we may see the majority of them by v30 or so) for all the different levels of RHW.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Patricius Maximus

YES!

It all looks great. I can't wait to get it when it is released.

nerdly_dood

I think that RHW-6S/RHW-8 transition definitely qualifies as "beautiful." &apls I'm looking forward for more updates!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Ryan B.

Great work, Alex!  I'm sure whatever you have to show us next will be just as exciting.   ;)  &apls

Tarkus

Well, guys, it's that time again . . .

The OnSlopes in game.  (There's not really much I can do about the shadow discoloration issue on them, though)

Cammo, I like your suggestion on the models.  That's the approach I think I will ultimately take with it.

Even more in a little while.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Streetlight 725

Great Update!!
I want to have overpasses too.Looks good.
I can't wait to download it!! :) :D &apls &apls

videosean

What causes the shadow discoloration?  Looking good :)

JoeST

oh that is COOOOOOOOOOOL... thats just like awesome.... wow, I may just reinstall the game to have the experience of dragging el-rhw :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: videosean on September 04, 2008, 02:11:27 PM
What causes the shadow discoloration?  Looking good :)

Well, it has to do with how the model for OnSlopes is put together.  Essentially, the actual "OnSlope" part is a steep incline, going from ground level to 15m height over 16m--which creates a shadow.

It gets leveled out when you place it on a steep enough slope, but the game's shadow engine knows no different than to treat it as if it is still at that steep incline.

Quote from: JoeST on September 04, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
I may just reinstall the game to have the experience of dragging el-rhw :D

That would be awesome.  ;D

-Alex (Tarkus)