• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

bat

Happy third Birthday there RHW!

And looking forward to more (teasers)...

Pat

A Very Happy Birthday to RHW!!!!  darn to bad we couldnt get 3.0 today as a third birthday present siiiiiiiiigh, but alas I know when it does come out I will all that more thankful for it!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Happy 3rd Birthday RHW!   &dance &apls

In honor of this day, allow me to make a little showcase of this unique network's evolution throughout the years.

The Many Looks of the RHW

Initial Installation

RHW 1.2 North American textures:

RHW 1.2 Euro textures

A first attempt at interchanges and elevation.

RHW 1.3/1.31/1.32:

RHW 1.31/1.32 Euro textures:

RHW 1.32 with modern NA textures:

RHW 2.0 with MIS:

RHW 2.0 Euro Textures:

RHW 2.0 new North American Textures:

The next generation:  RHW 3.0:

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this little time capsule.  The RHW had many faces throughout the years, eh? 

Best,
-Haljackey

bob56

astonishing how much it has changed...ANyway, does anyone know where to find those huge light poles, there everywhere and i cant find them to download!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

un1

I just noticed, you edited the FAQ to include V3 questions.
That must mean we are getting close.  ()stsfd()

-un1

Haljackey

Quote from: bob56 on November 16, 2008, 10:55:27 AM
astonishing how much it has changed...ANyway, does anyone know where to find those huge light poles, there everywhere and i cant find them to download!

Sure, no problem!  Here's the link:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=10960

Enjoy!

Best,
-Haljackey

bob56

thanks so much! NOw im all reday for the RHW!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Tarkus

Quote from: un1 on November 16, 2008, 11:02:54 AM
I just noticed, you edited the FAQ to include V3 questions.
That must mean we are getting close.  ()stsfd()

They've been there for most of November, actually. ;)

-Alex
Quote from: SimsReporter on November 16, 2008, 06:26:56 AM
I never really figured out why he vanished out of think air 

Nor did I.  He PM'd me to tell me would be waylaid by RL for a couple weeks, and then he just vanished, along with Version 1.7. 

I was a bit hesitant to take over the project initially, actually.  I knew it would be a lot of work being a single developer, but didn't want to see the RHW go down the drain, as much potential as it had, and just kept going forward with it. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on November 16, 2008, 11:47:37 AM
I knew it would be a lot of work being a single developer, but didn't want to see the RHW go down the drain, as much potential as it had, and just kept going forward with it. 

I for one am glad you did.  There may not have even been a 2.0 if you hadn't went ahead and taken over the project.  I'm ready for 3.0... whenever it's ready. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: metarvo on November 16, 2008, 12:01:48 PM
I for one am glad you did.  There may not have even been a 2.0 if you hadn't went ahead and taken over the project.  I'm ready for 3.0... whenever it's ready. :)

In a bottom picture above I See a 4 lane (RHW 8)splitting in to two 2 lane RHWs.can the RHW 10  have
have 1-3 lanes split off like that leaving 3 or 4 lanes behind?

Patricius Maximus

No, it is 4 lanes splitting into 2 lane segments -- there are no lanes missing.

Tarkus

Quote from: Thomas Diamond on November 16, 2008, 06:15:03 PM
In a bottom picture above I See a 4 lane (RHW 8)splitting in to two 2 lane RHWs.can the RHW 10  have
have 1-3 lanes split off like that leaving 3 or 4 lanes behind?

Not in Version 3.0. ;)  You're likely to see something along those lines in a future release, though . . . I've got a vague list sketched out, at least in my mind, of all the pieces that will eventually go in.  All I need is a little time. :)

More teasers hopefully soon . . . and hopefully an actual release, too. ::)  Need to get some stuff pathed so I can get the next Alpha Build to the NAM Associates . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

zakuten

Just a teaser request-- might we see the new look of the RHW-2?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

kj3400

Quote from: Tarkus on November 16, 2008, 10:16:17 PM
I've got a vague list sketched out, at least in my mind, of all the pieces that will eventually go in.  All I need is a little time. :)
-Alex (Tarkus)
I'd love to know what's on that list... :P
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

j-dub

Tarkus has shown some RHW-2 and interchanges a while back, but for now...

These are just some IDEAS of how sign shapes can look like for the future RHW.
The two lanes are the right are EXIT ONLY. This sign hangs over an RHW 4/8 splitter.

blackedemon

Quote from: j-dub on November 16, 2008, 11:44:08 PM

These are just some IDEAS of how sign shapes can look like for the future RHW.

Is this merger an actual puzzle piece of 3.0? I find this merge slightly unorthodox.. perhaps, however, that's just me.

SamJam

Quote from: blackedemon on November 17, 2008, 02:13:45 AM
I find this merge slightly unorthodox.. perhaps, however, that's just me.

Most up-to-date freeways, wherever possible, generally don't end or exit left lanes (for RH driving) because it forces the fastest lane to slow down instead of passing other traffic. From what I've seen you'll be able to start/end right lanes for the purposes of ramps or widening/narrowing.

schradinator

Quote from: SamJam on November 17, 2008, 02:40:00 AM
Most up-to-date freeways, wherever possible, generally don't end or exit left lanes (for RH driving) because it forces the fastest lane to slow down instead of passing other traffic. From what I've seen you'll be able to start/end right lanes for the purposes of ramps or widening/narrowing.

However, from a realism perspective, it would make some sense to be able to add left lanes to widen the highway toward the center.  That seems to be the preferred method for addling lanes in Alabama these days...probably because it keeps them from having to reconfigure or close interchanges during construction,  or acquire additional right-of-way.

Sadly, we actually have a situation like this right here in Birmingham on I-20, just before it duplexes with I-59.  Fortunately, I don't travel that way in the mornings — I bet it gets kind of hairy during rush hour.  I'm sure blackdemon is right, and if they had it to do over again, they wouldn't have built it that way.

Tarkus

Yes, that is an actual piece in Version 3.0.  I do, however, plan on producing an "aftermarket" mod some time after the RHW Version 3.0 release that will re-path/re-texture that piece to have the right lane end instead.  It'll be a one or the other option. 

-Alex (Tarkus)