• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagenotfound

I dont mean to be a pest or anything but this incredible parclo by Floydian got me thinking.

Is it possible some time in the future do the exact same thing but with avenues instead?
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Tarkus

JoeST, lol.  I was wondering when someone was going to "pi" the thread. ::)

Quote from: pagenotfound on February 09, 2009, 01:46:04 PM
Is it possible some time in the future do the exact same thing but with avenues instead?

It's on my internal list of future features.  Can't make any promises as to when, though. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

XL2007

Quote from: Tarkus on January 30, 2009, 05:41:05 PM

As far as pre-fab interchanges, they're not happening.  They require too much work, and I'm already propping up two large projects almost entirely by myself right now (this and the NWM). 

-Alex (Tarkus)

There was someone on either here or Simtropolis who did a bunch of eye-candy RHW pre-fab interchanges. &hlp

Man, I'm LOVING the new RHW.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to put all of this out there.  &apls

NaliLeader

I am not a leader ;)

Gaston

Is there a list of all the puzzle pieces for MIS?    I feel like I am missing some.    Like elevated pieces to be specific.   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

Gaston, there should be a list in the Readme under the contents section.  Most of the elevated stuff is draggable and uses starter pieces--you can find the Elevated RHW-4 and MIS Ramp starters under the "Starter Piece" button (should be toward the end of the TAB Loop), the Ground-to-Elevated Ramp and On-Slope transitions under the Transitions button, and the Elevated RHW-4/MIS Ramp Style A under the Ramp Interfaces button.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

remanh

If you're wondering about an elevated MIS splitter, that's dragged (although tough).  If you need an elevated RHW-4 to 2-MIS splitter, that is not released yet.

j-dub

Gaston, let me make something clear, in case this particular thing made you and others wonder, only one El-RHW interchange piece exists for this version. Other than that one El-RHW join/un-join interchange piece, the El-MIS and El-RHW make no more contact then that.

the7train

I saw Tarkus mention the NAM Essentials.  First I uninstalled the old NAM and RHW and then I only installed the newest NAM Jan 2009 and RHW 3.0 (with your latest RHW patch) .exe files.  Am I missing something?  Is there also a NAM Essentials that I should install?  I haven't been playing much but it seems to be ok like that.

Thanks for your help!

Kitsune

Found a bug:

Happens with the 90 degree turn ending at a road with one tile between the MIS and the road before the 90 degree turn, the texture is facing the wrong way.
~ NAM Team Member

deathtopumpkins

Yeah. I had thought Alex would have fixed that, but nope, still does it for me too.

And the7train, did you download the NAM before the date the NAM essentials were updated? If so, download the NAM Essentials. If not, you do not need to.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Gaston

Quote from: Tarkus on February 10, 2009, 06:53:14 PM
Gaston, there should be a list in the Readme under the contents section.  Most of the elevated stuff is draggable and uses starter pieces--you can find the Elevated RHW-4 and MIS Ramp starters under the "Starter Piece" button (should be toward the end of the TAB Loop), the Ground-to-Elevated Ramp and On-Slope transitions under the Transitions button, and the Elevated RHW-4/MIS Ramp Style A under the Ramp Interfaces button.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Yep that's the answer.  I was trying to figure out how to make some ramps that cross.   One ground level and then one over it.   Hope I can do that.   I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks Again

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

The issue Kitsune pointed out is a RUL-bound one.  It only seems to be an occasional thing when you're coming directly out of a curve into a Road/MIS T-Intersection.  It'll be fixed either as part of Version 4.0, or as part of a NAM Essentials update coinciding with the "official" release of RAM/STR Version 1 (which will upgrade the RHW to "Version 3.2").  I haven't gotten to that specific issue yet in my re-stabilizing attempts (which have thus far involved re-writing several hundred lines of code), but I'll put it on the top of my list.

the7train, as deathtopumpkins pointed out, you only need to download the current NAM Essentials if you downloaded the NAM in the first few hours it was out.  If you downloaded it on January 15th or later, you should be okay.  The issue it fixed was a CTD involving one of the RHW-8 Diagonal pieces. 

Otherwise, NAM Essentials is not needed. 

Just in case anyone was wondering, since I don't think it's ever been officially clarified, NAM Essentials exists primarily for two reasons:

-to allow non-NAM users to be able to use Custom Bridges (the main purpose of the January 2009 NAM Essentials)
-to update the NAM Controller RULs to support any Optional Plugin releases that do not coincide with NAM Core Updates (the full STR release will be the first to take advantage of this)

The situation here was a special one--the actual NAM Core was updated as well to fix the issue, but we simply advised users who had already downloaded the NAM Core on 1/14 to download NAM Essentials simply because it was a smaller file (less than 1MB vs. 13MB) and fixed the files that needed fixing.

-Alex (Tarkus)

sneekypetepuma

XL2007 - In regards to the Rural Highway pre-fab interchanges... they were called "Halbleurg Transportation Compliments... nice eye candy but ultimately just a tease... I have the file in my plugins but couldn't find the original zipped file looked for it file at Simtropolis but couldn't find it... if anyone needs it .. email me

sneekypetepuma

Patricious Maximus -  Flyover ramps like the one in your picture i believe are not possible.. One of the things I hope Cities XL will overcome

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

the7train

Thanks for the explanation DTP and Alex!

A thought for new RHW piece, currently we have the RHW-4 to MIS Splitter on the left.  Are you considering something on the right?  So basically two straight MIS going into (or coming out of) the RHW-4 instead of one straight and one curved?
||                  ||
||                  ||
|\                  |\
| \                 | |
|   \               | |

Tarkus

Quote from: sneekypetepuma on February 12, 2009, 04:54:06 AM
Patricious Maximus -  Flyover ramps like the one in your picture i believe are not possible..

Actually, they already are, technically, with RHW Version 3.0.  That functionality will be expanded in future versions.  No Cities XL needed. ;)

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on February 12, 2009, 02:51:53 PM
What the latest on SA euro textures?

I don't know.  He's not around SC4D much, though we occasionally talk over MSN, albeit I haven't seen him in awhile.  It's my understanding he's still working on them, and they'll be released once he's done. 

Quote from: the7train on February 12, 2009, 03:13:14 PM
A thought for new RHW piece, currently we have the RHW-4 to MIS Splitter on the left.  Are you considering something on the right?  So basically two straight MIS going into (or coming out of) the RHW-4 instead of one straight and one curved?
||                  ||
||                  ||
|\                  |\
| \                 | |
|   \               | |

Yes, I have been considering something along those lines--it'll appear in a future RHW release, though I'm not sure which one.  The ramp interface end seems to be the area where people have the most requests, so it's likely I'll never run out of stuff to do on that end. :D 

-Alex (Tarkus)

bakerton

Alex, I do have one request that I would like to see in a future release of RHW. A MIS spliting into two separate MIS going in different directions. Not sure what I am talking about, go to Google Earth, search Milwaukee, Wisconsin and look at Interstate 94 south of downtown all the wayto Racine County Line (mainly between I-894 and the airport exit [Wis 119]). There are several good examples of what I am talking about. Keep the work coming along. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Xyloxadoria

I have a little RHW problem thats kind of odd. At the request of hal, i t21ed highway mast lights onto the RHW 6-C:

There is a error with them. They display but only 50% of the time. It doent seem like its the pattern error, becsue its a 4 tile one, and the default barreir is every tile. Im also using a unique exemplar so thats not the problem (is 0x5CC40301 occupied?)