• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imperialmog

That's great on the tram/GLR underpass picture, but will it also go over? Now another idea I had which would be good for collector distributor roads or where 2 exits are close, are there scissor ramps planned? That is where an MIS/RHW-4 next to each other cross over grade seperated.

On SPM, I have seen people make non puzzle piece sings that maybe they could be scaled right and done as puzzle pieces to make it quicker.  Also on when you do it have it where if the query tool is over the sign it can show what the sign says.

emgmod

Over? As in elevated rail?

I'm making a guess as to what a scissor ramp is, but I think you mean interchanging RHW's right next to each other.

zuitao198394

Ryan B.

Quote from: emgmod on December 22, 2009, 11:09:53 PM

I'm making a guess as to what a scissor ramp is, but I think you mean interchanging RHW's right next to each other.

This is the best picture I could find of a "scissor ramp":

Here's a solution that could work better, a "braided ramp":

http://www.houstonfreeways.com/modern/images/i10_20081021/10_20081021_IMG_4344_gessner_exit.jpg

Haljackey

Quote from: emgmod on December 22, 2009, 11:09:53 PM

Perhaps something like this?

It would be very useful when interchanging a multi-RHW or two parallel RHWs with each other in the same direction.

Keep up the great work guys!  Happy Holidays!   :thumbsup:

Monorail Master

I'm glad about the GLR thing.  And since no one has said anything about this, I might as well have to say it............

WELCOME TO PAGE 300!!!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

bakerton

Quote from: Ryan B. on December 23, 2009, 08:43:26 AM
This is the best picture I could find of a "scissor ramp":

Here's a solution that could work better, a "braided ramp":

http://www.houstonfreeways.com/modern/images/i10_20081021/10_20081021_IMG_4344_gessner_exit.jpg

We have those scissor ramps here in Racine and Kenosha Counties Wisconsin. That picture you have shown, is from the Wisconsin DOT, but the scissor ramps are gonna be history as Wisconsin is redoing the Interstate 94/US41 and the exits. Scissor ramps where built in the 1950's and they utilize the frontage roads that are on both sides of the Interstate and they can scare some drivers and are deemed dangerous by the Wisconsin DOT. I do use scissor ramps just about every day and will be happy that they will be all gone by 2016. But I do like to see something simular in game as I have been trying to think of a way to do scissor ramps. Alex, take your time, but remember there are people here that are anxious for the RHW4.0. Nice new name as it has my vote. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Shadow Assassin

Oh, a basketweave?

That can easily be done, but the real question is: when?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Dexist

hey i have a question.

in the rhw 4.0. do you have more options to make diagonal enter/exit ramps?
I could choose these ramps for diagonal rhw4.
(let me make another pic of my intersection. it went wrong...)

strucka

that makes me want to start deleting my old HWY's and making RHW's

JoeST

hey NAMites :), happy christmas to you and I hope you all get what you want :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

emgmod

I wanted RHW 4.0 for Christmas. &mmm

Merry Christmas

Patricius Maximus

Don't fret about the RHW not being released on Christmas. Last year at this time we were obsessed about the meaning of imminency. This RHW will probably take a similar course as it did in 2008.

Happy page 300, everyone, and I hope that everyone has a merry Perihelion (January 2-3) and a happy New Year.

emgmod

Don't forget that it's the 3rd or 4th Day of Christmas, depending on your timezone.

I remember someone saying RHW stack interchange a bit back in the thread. Any news on that?

Tarkus

Thanks to all for the Christmas wishes--I hope everyone else here had an enjoyable Christmas and holiday season!

Now to answer a few questions:

Quote from: imperialmog on December 22, 2009, 06:46:06 PM
That's great on the tram/GLR underpass picture, but will it also go over?

If you're referring to Elevated Light Rail going over the Ground RHW, that's already possible, and has been in at least some capacity since the RHW 2.0 release in 2008.  If you're referring to High Elevated Rail over Elevated RHW, that is planned for eventual inclusion, though which release it will be in is still unknown. 

Now another idea I had which would be good for collector distributor roads or where 2 exits are close, are there scissor ramps planned? That is where an MIS/RHW-4 next to each other cross over grade seperated.

Scissor ramps/basketweaves are also another one of those "eventually" things. 

On SPM, I have seen people make non puzzle piece sings that maybe they could be scaled right and done as puzzle pieces to make it quicker.  Also on when you do it have it where if the query tool is over the sign it can show what the sign says.

Well, the availability of signage isn't the issue--I've got a stockpile here, and we have a couple of "signmeisters" on board.  The issues involved are more related to a) getting sidewalk wealth support for zoned areas and b) figuring out how to distribute the mod and signage--whether to include "support exemplars" and point to signpack dependencies, or some other arrangement.

Quote from: Dexist on December 25, 2009, 10:24:00 AM
in the rhw 4.0. do you have more options to make diagonal enter/exit ramps?

More diagonal ramps are planned, but it's unknown when they will be added.

Quote from: emgmod on December 27, 2009, 05:33:04 PM
I remember someone saying RHW stack interchange a bit back in the thread. Any news on that?

Not at this time.

-Alex

imperialmog

I haven't been able to find the elevated light rail over RHW puzzle pieces in my menus.

I figure the signage issue can be decided on once that part starts getting worked on again. I figured have it appear as exemplars where the signs would not vary at a location and have puzzle piece for customization as the player sees fit.

Blue Lightning

The ele-rail over RHW is draggable. Take the elerail tool and drag it across and it will convert.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

riiga

I've been working on a RHW-2 toll booth based on the texture I made earlier. The problem now is transit-enabling it for the RHW-2. Right now I've done that, but for road instead. Have in mind that this is my first real BAT and lot ever. Criticism is more than welcome.

My question remains though. How do I transit-enable for RHW-2?

- riiga

Korot

Not with SC4Tool, that's for sure.
Some ID leads to the network you enable it for, and another to the exact path file, or perhaps just directions (from north to south, or something like that). I however have no idea which one does which.

Regards,
Korot

Haljackey

Quote from: riiga on December 29, 2009, 10:19:02 AM
My question remains though. How do I transit-enable for RHW-2?

I don't recall ever seeing a transit-enabled lot for the RHW network since its founding in 2005.  Although I bet Tarkus will prove me wrong if there ever was one.   :P

Take this older RHW toll booth for example:

It had to be connected with One-way roads in order to function.  In addition, only the tiles on the One-way road are pathed.

Its an interesting concept "on paper", but getting it to look and function properly in-game can be a challenge.
-Haljackey