• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Quote from: ivo_su on September 16, 2011, 06:32:23 PM
Will you tell me why it did not fashion lamp towers RHW C-type.
To be honest, I have no idea what happened there. Maybe there is a conflicting T21 file.

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 17, 2011, 01:40:26 AM
Hi guys!!!!!!Is a Euro texture for RHW going to be released? ()what()
Well, Alex (Tarkus) has a PhotoShop script that should convert the standard textures into Euro textures. The question is when it will be implented.

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 17, 2011, 01:40:26 AM
And as I saw in Maarten UDI video....are those amazing RHW 6s bridges going to be released?I think they would be useful to almost everybody using RHW mod :P
Maybe Maarten is working on them......
Well, these are bridge models from Choco, no mine. They do need some work, like re-texturing (they still use v3-Spec textures!), re-pathing and fixing T21 errors. From what I've experienced that aside from the previous facts the bridges are in quite solid state.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Wow that's good news! ;DPersonally RHW 6s is probably one of the RHW tipes I use most together with RHW 4...Having the possibility of creating a RHW 6s will be a great implementation to the game ;)
As for the Euro texture hope it'll be available quite soon :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Well, I decided to do a Beta-release of my custom cosmetic arrow sets. This mod changes the arrow textures on the RHW (and optionally the TuLEPs) without changeing the underlying base textures. Currently there are 10 sets in total. An overview of all current sets (left are the arrows used on the RHW, right are the arrows for the TuLEPs):

(Click for full resolution)

1. MUTCD (United States)
2. Australia
3. Switzerland
4. Schellingen (Fictional)
5. Denmark
6. Germany & UK
7. The Netherlands
8. France
9. Sweden
10. Belgium

Attached below is a ZIP file containing the following files:
- [DIR] "Shared_Arrow_Textures_Sets": contains all arrow texture sets. Note that you only install only the set you desire.
- "zzz_RHW-6C_HOV_Lanes_Correction_LHD.dat". Corrects a texture orientation misalignment on the RHW-6C HOV lanes cosmetic piece. Left-Hand Drive version.
- "zzz_RHW-6C_HOV_Lanes_Correction_RHD.dat". Corrects a texture orientation misalignment on the RHW-6C HOV lanes cosmetic piece. Right-Hand Drive version.
- "zz_TuLEPs_CustomArrows_RHD_Test.dat". Replaces the arrows on almost all TuLEP pieces. Test version and Right-Hand Drive only at the moment.

The mod in action:

(Click for full resolution)

Don't hesitate to test them. If you find any bugs or glitches, or when you have a request, please ask. In the mean time: have fun!  ;)

Best,
Maarten

samerton

Great stuff Maarten! Can't wait to try them out.

riiga

Awesome work Maarten!  :thumbsup:

For the next release though, you could change the Swedish text to "Bil-pool" (new line after -) or "Buss" (since we don't have HOV-lanes for other types than busses anyway).

jdenm8

Great! I'll have to look at those pics in the morning, those damn subscription ads fill the 3DS' RAM quite quickly with their repetitiveness.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wthrwyz

First up, let me say a big "thank you" to the NAM team for their hard work.  I've lurked here for quite a while and enjoyed the fruits of your labor and I must say that the NAM and its associated bits and pieces are definitely what makes SC4 still worth playing after all these years.   :thumbsup:

Moving on...is it just me, or does the RHW/OWR transition seem a bit...visually jarring?  It looks just like the RWH/AVE transition, but OWR isn't quite the same visually as AVE.

Is this by design or am I missing something?  I wouldn't be surprised to find I have something conflicting sitting around in my plugins folder.
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Paulm138

Okay, I download the new NAM and RHW, now all of my curve pieces come up with colored squares. What do I do?!?!

pierrebaptiste

Quote from: Paulm138 on September 17, 2011, 09:03:25 AM
Okay, I download the new NAM and RHW, now all of my curve pieces come up with colored squares. What do I do?!?!

Hello I have a similar problem .

I own one section of the motorway in my city with a curve piece ( it's the RHW 6s ) but this pieces are build with the RHW 4 . I don't found the pieces in RHW5 menu with curve for RHW 6s an 8s . Like you say I have deleted the piece build with RHW 4 . But after we don't build curve piece ?  ()what()

My game is in LHD

Thanks

Dexter

@Wthrwyz, The OWR-2 network's textures IMO are substandard compared to all the other networks, mainly due to the fact the lines are too think and don't repeat properly.  Maybe at some point someone could release a texture mod so they match the NWM's additional OW networks.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

j-dub

Yeah, someone was working on a replacement texture for all the existing Maxis networks, including the OWR, but IDK what happened to them. The point of Maxis making the OWR so thick was so you could tell the difference between that and Avenues. However, running short on time to release SC4D or SC4RH, they ran out of time to correct the consistency.

Tarkus

Quote from: Paulm138 on September 17, 2011, 09:03:25 AM

Either download the NWM or the fix I attached here.

Quote from: darraghf on September 17, 2011, 01:42:01 AM
I''m using the LHD version, and I've installed it, but none of the new networks are showing up? What seems to be the problem?

If the new networks are not showing up, you have a conflicting controller file that will not only prevent much of the new RHW functionality from working, but other new NAM and NWM items.  Assuming you've installed NAM Version 30, there should be a little icon down at the bottom of the Highways menu with a NAM Logo on it--hover over it and it'll tell you what controller version you're using. 

If it says anything other than "Version: r132 (14 September 2011)", you've got an outdated controller overriding the new NAM Controller that you'll need to find and remove.

-Alex

Opkl

Will the Lights and Barriers mod on the stex work with the new RHW?  I had it, but I accidently left it in the old RHW folder when I uninstalled it.  By chance, does anyone know when the simtropolis will be up again?

Paul 999

RHW 5 is really well done! The new lane layout is much nicer than before. But is still have a problem  ;)

Unfortunately I still do not get a tram under the RHW viaduct!

MandelSoft

Quote from: riiga on September 17, 2011, 08:31:59 AM
Awesome work Maarten!  :thumbsup:

For the next release though, you could change the Swedish text to "Bil-pool" (new line after -) or "Buss" (since we don't have HOV-lanes for other types than busses anyway).
Well, HOV-lanes in the median seems like a typical American phenomenon. I didn't see anything like that in Europe. We do have some stretches of freeway with bus lanes on the outer lanes, but not the inner. I believe HOV-lanes are used for car-pooling and so I just created a "CAR POOL" marking.

When the Euro Textures are ready, I'm planning to creates some texture variants for the Cosmetic pieces. This includes the HOV-lane, where in one set I'd convert it to a Peak Lane (which is a typical dutch concept).

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on September 17, 2011, 09:56:26 AM
Will the Lights and Barriers mod on the stex work with the new RHW?  I had it, but I accidently left it in the old RHW folder when I uninstalled it.  By chance, does anyone know when the simtropolis will be up again?

Knowing how that file is structured, there shouldn't be any issues, but I haven't officially checked myself, and stranger things have happened with RHW T21 mods.  I have the file laying around somewhere and will give it a check.

As far as ST goes, as reported on Twitter they had a hard drive failure the other day.  They're still in the process of recovering from it, and there's no ETA--that process can take awhile.

Quote from: Paul 999 on September 17, 2011, 10:01:10 AM
RHW 5 is really well done! The new lane layout is much nicer than before. But is still have a problem  ;)

Unfortunately I still do not get a tram under the RHW viaduct!

There's no stability code in place to allow a Tram overpass next to a Street overpass like that, hence why the override is breaking and deconverting to RHW-2 at the Street.  You'll need to have at least one tile between the two for the override to work at the present time.

-Alex

citybuilderx

I have one or two small problems on the new RHW:

• RHW4 and RHW2 bridges are missing textures.
  • Some RHW6C cosmetic pieces textures are missing
  • The MIS ground/elevated transitions are missing preview textures
I have the left hand drive version installed.
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

io_bg

Hi Maarten, I noticed a bug with your mod:

Hoping it won't be too difficult to fix it :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

That's odd. Seems like I should be checking texture IIDs again. The bug didn't show at my end...