• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

yes... but now you can have 6 lanes in "two tiles" too just like MHW.. so I think RHW is close to matching it. Once we get 7.5m overpasses.. then MHW won't have much of an advantage... it'll really depend on how long the ramps are for the 7.5 overpasses (imo.. they should be 2 ;)).
~ NAM Team Member

Shadow Assassin

Ramps for the 7.5m overpasses will most likely be 3 or 4 tiles (using a nice, gentle slope). I don't think we'll have any 2-tile ramp stuff...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

DAB_City

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on February 04, 2012, 11:13:38 PM
Ramps for the 7.5m overpasses will most likely be 3 or 4 tiles (using a nice, gentle slope). I don't think we'll have any 2-tile ramp stuff...

So how long will that make the L0-L2 ramps?
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: DAB_City on February 05, 2012, 01:12:33 AM
Quote from: Shadow Assassin on February 04, 2012, 11:13:38 PM

So how long will that make the L0-L2 ramps?
Based on SA's screenshots in these two posts (#1 #2), the L2 ramps will be 7 tiles long. L0, of course, won't need ramps, since it's ground level. (If you meant from L0 to L2, my apologies for any offense taken.)

Team, while I'm sure your hard (or just repetitive?) work on Project 0E is still ongoing, I'm curious as to whether the DDRHW-8 is still planned for eventual inclusion, as it would be of great use to me.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

DAB_City

No problem, I just hope that the old ramps can be kept as a shorter alternative ;)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

riiga

Quote from: DAB_City on February 05, 2012, 07:15:24 AM
No problem, I just hope that the old ramps can be kept as a shorter alternative ;)
They will. Backward compatibility and all that.  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

The old L0-to-L1 prototype MIS ramp that mtg did was 3 tiles long.  I'd imagine we might have both 3 and 4.

The extended 7-tile long L0-L2 is on the same scaling format as the 4-tile long L2-L3 (and by extension, a 4-tile long L0-L1), the existing 10-tile long L0-L3 transitions (used for the DDRHW), and the by extension, an L0-L4 transition would be 13 tiles long.

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on February 05, 2012, 01:27:50 AM
Team, while I'm sure your hard (or just repetitive?) work on Project 0E is still ongoing, I'm curious as to whether the DDRHW-8 is still planned for eventual inclusion, as it would be of great use to me.

The DDRHW-8 is indeed still planned, and as of the present, is the only other DDRHW under consideration.  The current specifications I'm considering involve the only transitions out of it being a split to a Dual DDRHW-4.

As far as Project 0E progress, there was a bit of a hiccup a few days ago which I'm still sorting out.  Suffice to say, I've had to make some further IID realignments, such that it's really "Project 57" now.  Those realignments are nearly done now, and the only things still requiring conversion are Pillar T21s, and a little re-checking to make sure everything's back in place correctly.

-Alex

QuinRiva

So I have encountered a few problems with the Flex-SPUI piece:

As you can see, I use the LHD version with Euro textures.

• The turning lanes are set up for RHD
  • Traffic lights are set up for RHD
  • Missing Euro textures for TULEPs - am I missing these or are they not available yet?

io_bg

There still aren't any Euro textures for the new additions in latest NAM such as the new TULEP pieces, etc.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

1) That bug was reported about a month ago too and a fix had been uploaded (memo to self: upload fix on a more visible location). The fix can be found here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg408523#msg408523
2) There are simply no LHD overrides for these stoplights yet. It's that simple. Somebody has to take time to do the T21s for them and as far as I know, currently nobody is working on that...
3) Are you missing ALL TuLEP textures or just these? If it's the last case, they are simply not available yet.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

A couple DDRHW questions:

1. Are there any plans for merging lanes? The logistics of it seem like a nightmare but a 16m merging space is pretty small. Perhaps something along the lines of Maarten's narrow RHW6 puzzle pieces so no new models would be needed? It wouldn't solve the headache of having to two separate decks would wouldn't necessarily have exits at the same point but it's an idea.

2. Are there any plans for a smoother "S" curve transition from DDRHW to L2+L3 RHW-4? I guess if the model was created it could end up being useful for other 2-lane elevated smooth curves too.

Loving all the L1 and smooth ramp talk *drooling emoticon*

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 08, 2012, 03:51:24 AM
(memo to self: upload fix on a more visible location).

I'd be happy to stick it onto the RHW sticky post's "Fixes" section--can't get any more visible than that. :)  Edit: done.

Quote from: noahclem on February 08, 2012, 04:12:27 AM
1. Are there any plans for merging lanes? The logistics of it seem like a nightmare but a 16m merging space is pretty small. Perhaps something along the lines of Maarten's narrow RHW6 puzzle pieces so no new models would be needed? It wouldn't solve the headache of having to two separate decks would wouldn't necessarily have exits at the same point but it's an idea.

At that narrower width, we'd have to be careful not to run the additional lane into the support columns holding up the top deck, which do jut out onto the shoulder a bit. That said, with a little x-coordinate shifting, we might be able to appropriate the existing ERHW-6S models for "DDRHW-6" purposes.  I'd need to take a closer look at just what pieces would have to be involved to create D-Type DDRHW ramps, though, as it could be a little bit tricky.  I'd like to avoid needing to make a "DDRHW-5" (3 lanes on one deck and 2 on the other) if possible.

Quote from: noahclem on February 08, 2012, 04:12:27 AM
2. Are there any plans for a smoother "S" curve transition from DDRHW to L2+L3 RHW-4? I guess if the model was created it could end up being useful for other 2-lane elevated smooth curves too.

If we were to acquire an ERHW S-Curve model at any point, it'd be a simple matter to appropriate that for DDRHW transition purposes.  You'd probably see the basic S-Curve first, however.

-Alex

apeguy

I've noticed something about the larger transitions for RHW4-6, 6-8 and 8-10:

I use an LHD version of the game, do you see how the cross-hatching is on the wrong side? It should be on the side where the number of lanes is reduced. Is there a patch that can fix this?

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

MandelSoft

The Euro Texture Mod does contain a fix for that. About the standard mod I'm not sure...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 10, 2012, 09:32:37 AM
About the standard mod I'm not sure...

It doesn't.  It'd probably entail including separate S3D flat models for LHD that mirror the texture setups of the RHD versions.

-Alex

woodb3kmaster

I'd like to bring your attention to a problem I'm having with the FlexSPUI piece. When I have an ERHW-6C over a FlexSPUI, the avenue intersection reverts to regular AVE-4:

This issue also affects paths; as you can see below, westbound traffic wanting to turn left is turning around at the intersection past the FlexSPUI instead of using the SPUI intersection:

The elevated FlexSPUI piece does not have any similar sort of issue.

Thank you for taking the time to make such a wonderful puzzle piece, and thanks in advance for looking into this issue!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jdenm8

Keep clicking around the piece, I think it does eventually fix itself. This is a RUL instability and we cannot fix it without distributing a new controller.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

DAB_City

Oh yeah, that's another problem that I was having whilst trying RHW-6C over FlexSPUI (see this conversation that I had on the RHW Development and Support Discussion).

Tarkus

I've split/merged this discussion in here, since FlexSPUI is more pertinent to the RHW thread than the NWM thread.

-Alex

Reece202

Quote from: Tarkus on February 05, 2012, 02:50:45 PM
The DDRHW-8 is indeed still planned, and as of the present, is the only other DDRHW under consideration.  The current specifications I'm considering involve the only transitions out of it being a split to a Dual DDRHW-4.

Is the DDRHW-8 to Split DDRHW-4 going to be the only transition? I'd like to see something similar to this: link

What essentially is going on here, in RHW terms, is a DDRHW-8 bridge over the river, splitting out to a RHW-8S with a lane drop exit on the bottom level and a normal exit on top, which for game purposes can be placed as separate pieces after the transition from DDRHW to ERHW.

Also, another DDRHW question; Why is DDHRW-6 not being considered?

-Reece