• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcluvzgamez

&apls  :thumbsup: LOVE LOVE LOVE the L4 overpass! Are there any plans for smooth curves for RHW 10S/8S?
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

Tarkus

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on December 14, 2012, 04:22:36 PM
&apls  :thumbsup: LOVE LOVE LOVE the L4 overpass! Are there any plans for smooth curves for RHW 10S/8S?

Down the road, perhaps.  Probably won't see any this release, however, though the default 8S/10S curves built draggably have been smoothed out.

-Alex

Gugu3

sunv123

Great looking stuff! Will definitely be useful in my city. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for those L3 over L2 overpasses. :P
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

als98

Will you be able to drag a L0 RHW underneath the crossing point of the L1 and L2? (For a stack interchange perhaps...)

Either way, awesome development on the different levels!  &apls

sunv123

You mean through the diagonal crossing point of them? ???

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: als98 on December 16, 2012, 12:06:26 PM
Will you be able to drag a L0 RHW underneath the crossing point of the L1 and L2? (For a stack interchange perhaps...)
Quote from: sunv123 on December 16, 2012, 12:23:29 PM
You mean throught the diagonal crossing point of them?

Let's just say that it's just another can of worms that we really don't wanna open for now...

BTW, it's not accounted for in the current IID scheme, so you wouldn't be able to.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

What is the likelihood in the near future to see the new video, with secret weapon # 2 of NAM 31?

Tarkus

The plan is to have at least one more secret weapon video.  I had some folks complain vociferously about lag on the last one, so I'm experimenting with some ways of compensating for that, which might mean lower resolution (no 720p).

-Alex

Reform

Quote from: Tarkus on December 16, 2012, 05:02:07 PM
The plan is to have at least one more secret weapon video.  I had some folks complain vociferously about lag on the last one, so I'm experimenting with some ways of compensating for that, which might mean lower resolution (no 720p).

-Alex

Lag in YouTube can be compensated by users by taking part of their HTML5 trial. It allows faster loading and removes at least most lag from HD videos - often all of it.

Trial has some weird effects - like YouTube asking if you really wanted to watch your videos in full screen - but those are minor annoyances compared to constant lag.

- Ilja

jdenm8

It's more of a recording issue. Tarkus' PC isn't very powerful and, like my old laptop, can't capture 1366x768 video at 60FPS.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 17, 2012, 08:28:06 AM
It's more of a recording issue. Tarkus' PC isn't very powerful and, like my old laptop, can't capture 1366x768 video at 60FPS.

Yeah, it's on my end, not YouTube's.  Here's what my pertinent specs look like:

AMD Athlon X2 M320 (2.1GHz)
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 4100

It's a 3-year-old laptop.

-Alex

Haljackey

Are you running the 4GB patch for SC4? If not I highly recommend it so SC4 can use all of your RAM (will only use 2GB max without it). Link: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

And yeah your processor is another result for low FPS. SC4 was made for the Pentium 4 Processor which was over 3GHZ, but just one core.

Well since I'm posting here have a look at something I'm working on. It's all done with RHW 5.0 (but the jughandle curves aren't showing... Should be fixed by the next release). Link: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Haljackey/GTR/bitmdddap.png

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

sunv123

SC4 was for Pentium 4? Mine's an Intel CORE i5 processor. Must have been a long time since. :P

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on December 17, 2012, 01:44:34 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on December 17, 2012, 11:12:33 AM
It's a 3-year-old laptop.

And I thought MY computer was weak... &mmm
My old one that I had still been using until a few months ago, I think September, was a Celeron 500MB RAM (depressing, right?) ()sad() and was not 3 years, but 6 years old. I think that that is the weakest. Back then I didn't even use the computer, used a laptop until it somehow broke. &mmm

jdenm8

Quote from: Haljackey on December 17, 2012, 01:43:24 PM
Are you running the 4GB patch for SC4? If not I highly recommend it so SC4 can use all of your RAM (will only use 2GB max without it). Link: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

And yeah your processor is another result for low FPS. SC4 was made for the Pentium 4 Processor which was over 3GHZ, but just one core.

Well since I'm posting here have a look at something I'm working on. It's all done with RHW 5.0 (but the jughandle curves aren't showing... Should be fixed by the next release). Link: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Haljackey/GTR/bitmdddap.png

I'm sure Windows would love SC4 using all of the system's memory.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

epicblunder

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 17, 2012, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: Haljackey on December 17, 2012, 01:43:24 PM

I'm sure Windows would love SC4 using all of the system's memory.

I've patched mine, and I only have 3 gigs of ram and a 2.6GHz dual core with my 64-bit win7 and I haven't noticed an issue.  Before 4gig patching, alt-tabbing over to task manager said sc4 was eating 1.2gigs of memory and after it eats about 2.2 (out of 3)

Tarkus

The game itself runs fine, even when I have other applications open.  It's the actual capture of the video where things go awry.

Before this devolves too much into a hardware discussion . . . here's some development.

-Alex